ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.02.150958

so...tested loot farming and i was able to do it...i just tested on one house.
also tested raw meat eating

"mmmm,om nom nom nom,fat is good"
E2F4A6FF180F30D7A5930A5D1E25BE01A4CD94CD

"what you looking at?...did i ate your mama?"
F2CC3D1F20D8610CCEE8E167A6C8E63276B5E0C3

"picnic in chernarus"
67ACED7E41333ACA959290879D76C71F0DE6DB76

i ate one chicken raw,then i ate almost three goats raw and waited 15 minutes and nothing happened.
my stomach was quite full between goats and their guts so i puked few times but continues eating with my bloody hands.....i survived.
only think what i didnt survive was depression with these survival mechanics in game so i ended my life shortly after feasting the meatz.

769F8E47B4461146C348F1BBA5C4B864938D2499

Edited by kopo79
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Oh sweet below, I just noticed that night light is switched on long before it gets dark even. I was running through the woods with the sun on its way down in the west when I noticed the tree trunks suddenly started glowing. This thing really is poorly implemented. Video just uploaded, I guess it will take a while before quality is okay, but you can still see the glow:

• Sad 1
  • Beans 3

42 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Oh sweet below, I just noticed that night light is switched on long before it gets dark even. I was running through the woods with the sun on its way down in the west when I noticed the tree trunks suddenly started glowing. This thing really is poorly implemented. Video just uploaded, I guess it will take a while before quality is okay, but you can still see the glow:

Im definitely not digging that glow.

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, Derleth said:

Wow that IS poorly implemented!!

I would have imagined the radius being much smaller, but on contraire Its like a permanent and better chem(break)light. Thats Just BS. 

This "survival" game is getting worse and worse. I will not play this patch. 

Remove the casual Light 

• Beans 1

Is character randomness fixed? It's very annoying having to quit the server, then switch character then join the server and kill yourself and respawn just to get the guy/girl you like.

• Beans 1

1. How to spawn any buildings in 1.02 exp patch?

if i spawn any building, for example Land_shed_W3:

Object object = GetGame().CreateObject("Land_shed_W3", position);

building spawns at position, but transparent and not visible!!!

2. SelectSpectator now not working  !!! ((((((

What the problems?

Edited by SotaS

16 hours ago, Pavlos Ge said:

As i stated in my post my screen is calibrated to be somewhat ACCURATE in color reproduction.If you are able to see with the current night,your monitor's calibration is bad and the colors are washed out.Only 1 of my teammates can actually see because his monitor is completely uncalibrated with stock settings (highest gamma setting applied).I tried my monitor's default settings and yes i can barely see,BUT day looks like horse s**t.Looks like it came out of the washing machine.So the deal is either you have wrong settings so you can barely see something,or you have accurate color settings and you cant see s**t at night.Changing monitor's setting when night comes and goes is not an option for obvious reasons.I hope they make it more ''even'' ,if that makes sense, across multiple monitors' calibrations so there are not such big differences.

I get dark nights that I can still make out enough detail around me to not see pitch black(still require the use of light to see any kind of detail) and my morning/daylight is perfectly fine. Even if I take screen shots they don't do Justice for what I can actually see

5B746C1C6D54F72A2239340888A1767AFD5F8E56

- this is taken with increased Lumens Mod on(great mod for lighting). but in game I can also see the tree on the right outside of the light, and my hands and rifle clear enough to identify the complete outline of them

274EF112011B75EC49D1B4515EFEAE75B0B3F794

- this is just as the sun is staring to come up

069F976BFFF3F686CAF4C7990C58628D690F0849

- after sunrise

These pictures were take on a hazy morning and I do not think they even completely show it as I see it in game

• Beans 1

On 3/27/2019 at 9:43 PM, repzaj1234 said:

Imo, the main reason for this change was so fresh spawns who spawn at night aren't shit out of luck once their flare runs out. A better "band-aid" for this would be to spawn with a chemlight instead AND have the ability to attach it to your clothing. Or hell fuck it, having them spawn with a flashlight with batteries would be a better "band aid" than this.

Changing a whole feature rather than existing mechanics is the problem.  Players should be able to make torches from many different items which would easily solve this fresh spawn debate.

The ability to make a fire drill with bark and a stick is already in the game.  Now we need a crafting recipe for other sources of fuel for the torch. 

Mosses, dry grass and pine sap could easily fill these rolls.  Once players find rags, gas and/or alcohol they should be able to craft a brighter burning torch with each one having pros and cons.

A few examples for this system which can be built upon existing mechanics would be as follows.

cd3o5rj.png

Combine these with rocks that spawn on the beach, dug up with a shovel, and other rocky areas and fresh spawns or grizzled survivors should have no excuse to not find a light source.

Edit:  As a side note. This table is for torches with accelerants added. Torches without would be more susceptible to wet weather conditions, tougher ignition, and a drastically reduced burning time.

Edited by gorvi
  • Beans 2

2 hours ago, gorvi said:

Changing a whole feature rather than existing mechanics is the problem.  Players should be able to make torches from many different items which would easily solve this fresh spawn debate.

The ability to make a fire drill with bark and a stick is already in the game.  Now we need a crafting recipe for other sources of fuel for the torch. 

Mosses, dry grass and pine sap could easily fill these rolls.  Once players find rags, gas and/or alcohol they should be able to craft a brighter burning torch with each one having pros and cons.

A few examples for this system which can be built upon existing mechanics would be as follows.

cd3o5rj.png

Combine these with rocks that spawn on the beach, dug up with a shovel, and other rocky areas and fresh spawns or grizzled survivors should have no excuse to not find a light source.

Edit:  As a side note. This table is for torches with accelerants added. Torches without would be more susceptible to wet weather conditions, tougher ignition, and a drastically reduced burning time.

That reminds me, is resin currently in the game? I’m sure you used to able to extend the life of a torch by rubbing it with resin. Seems like a better idea to put that back in than to add a personal night light. Even extending the life of the flare, is preferable.

The the fact that we spawn in with a flare makes the night light pointless. If you spawn in, and it’s dark, the flare typically provides enough time for you to, either, make it through til the morning, or at the very least, find the tools to create another light source.

The only time I’ve been stuck in the pitch black, unable to move, was because I threw away my flare thinking I wouldn’t need it. You rarely make that mistake twice. Getting caught in the dark is usually always bad preparation on the player’s part.

Now that I think about it, you could get stuck in the dark, if you encounter a hostile player, and have to drop your light source. Maybe changing the spawn light to a glow stick, and having the ability to put it in your bag after it’s lit? 

• Beans 2

42 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

That reminds me, is resin currently in the game? I’m sure you used to able to extend the life of a torch by rubbing it with resin. Seems like a better idea to put that back in than to add a personal night light. Even extending the life of the flare, is preferable.

The the fact that we spawn in with a flare makes the night light pointless. If you spawn in, and it’s dark, the flare typically provides enough time for you to, either, make it through til the morning, or at the very least, find the tools to create another light source.

The only time I’ve been stuck in the pitch black, unable to move, was because I threw away my flare thinking I wouldn’t need it. You rarely make that mistake twice. Getting caught in the dark is usually always bad preparation on the player’s part.

Now that I think about it, you could get stuck in the dark, if you encounter a hostile player, and have to drop your light source. Maybe changing the spawn light to a glow stick, and having the ability to put it in your bag after it’s lit? 

Pine sap, resin, or pitch is no longer in the game but is something I would like to see return.  Besides torches there are many uses for it which would be useful for helping survivors.

• Beans 1

Since I do not have video or pictures, and no way to provide more info, I'll put this here and not the bug tracker. What happened?

I see an OLGA in Mogilevka. Apparently unused at it's spawn. I get in. I fall unconscious for minutes. I wake up with half health.

I manage to stand up, but I cannot TURN AROUND to any other direction anymore, and just go the way I am facing, or backwards. I can only turn my head, to look to another direction.

Add to that that the game now treats me like an immaterial ghost. I can walk through ANYTHING. Houses, terrain, anything. After half a minute of horrified attempts to reverse this, a relog attempt fixed it all, after I walked all the way backwards to where the car was.

36 minutes ago, Deadboy (DayZ) said:

Since I do not have video or pictures, and no way to provide more info, I'll put this here and not the bug tracker. What happened?

I see an OLGA in Mogilevka. Apparently unused at it's spawn. I get in. I fall unconscious for minutes. I wake up with half health.

I manage to stand up, but I cannot TURN AROUND to any other direction anymore, and just go the way I am facing, or backwards. I can only turn my head, to look to another direction.

Add to that that the game now treats me like an immaterial ghost. I can walk through ANYTHING. Houses, terrain, anything. After half a minute of horrified attempts to reverse this, a relog attempt fixed it all, after I walked all the way backwards to where the car was.

I had the same issue with all 3 ADAs I have found. Getting in also breaks most of the car parts.

1 hour ago, ThePugman said:

You can do that on current version with animal fat.

Craft the torch with rags, then add fat. It will consume a rag and extend durability of the torch. You can repeat that once and add back the 2 missing rags.

The torch is usually 93%-95% and last for quite long (never checked exactly how long, but more than 30mn, may be an hour)

Zeds were perfect to kill and fight in beta,  now in official release.  Zeds are Overkill. 

They spot you at longer distances and they take longer to kill with fists and absorb too many rounds. 

7.62x54 - zeds took 2 rounds to head and 4 to chest to kill

5-20 meters away while crouched zeds still spotted me and charged. 

In beta

Any bullet - 1 shot to head and 1-2 shot in chest - 

Anyone else experiencing this? 

16 hours ago, SotaS said:

1. How to spawn any buildings in 1.02 exp patch?

if i spawn any building, for example Land_shed_W3:

Object object = GetGame().CreateObject("Land_shed_W3", position);

building spawns at position, but transparent and not visible!!!

2. SelectSpectator now not working  !!! ((((((

What the problems?

I have something similar with my base . . . all the walls and watchtower are invisible .  . Ive raised a ticket on it. I would suggest that you do the same. Trouble is, it seems that there are a lot of problems on xbox as well as pc (I am on pc). I havent had any response yet on my ticket .. .

11 minutes ago, CDR Shadow said:

Zeds were perfect to kill and fight in beta,  now in official release.  Zeds are Overkill. 

They spot you at longer distances and they take longer to kill with fists and absorb too many rounds. 

In beta

Any bullet - 1 shot to head and 1-2 shot in chest - 

Anyone else experiencing this? 

yes, last zombie I killed took two M4 556

and the body was gone very fast, I couldnt loot it even if it had anything

2 minutes ago, aux7 said:

I have something similar with my base . . . all the walls and watchtower are invisible .  . Ive raised a ticket on it. I would suggest that you do the same. Trouble is, it seems that there are a lot of problems on xbox as well as pc (I am on pc). I havent had any response yet on my ticket .. .

You normally wont recieve a response until the issue is deemed reproducible and fixed.  Rest assured that devs do read them.

12 minutes ago, gorvi said:

You normally wont recieve a response until the issue is deemed reproducible and fixed.  Rest assured that devs do read them.

Geez has answered one of my tickets re the exp issues. So maybe no fix then yet

56 minutes ago, CDR Shadow said:

y spot you at longer distances and they take longer to kill with fists and absorb too many rounds. 

This is not accurate. Headshot kills infected with one bullet, regardless of caliber. I use a suppressed Scorpion to zap zeds, they drop from one headshot 100% of the time if I hit properly. If they take more than one bullet you're not hitting the head...

As for spotting range - they are infected, not blind. Crouched or not, if you walk in plain sight they will see you. If you stay out of their field of vision you can sneak (walk crouched) up and slap them from behind before they notice you.

That is even becoming a feature with the "sneak attack from behind" in this exp patch. It is still not working properly though, I tried for an hour to one-tap zeds and it only succeeded once, with a heavy splitting axe attack on a granny zed. I think she just had low health and I got a good hit.

Edited by Derleth

We are shutting down the Experimental servers for a new update. We'll keep you posted.