ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.02.150958

59 minutes ago, Derleth said:

I saw RageBruh driving one in a stream, so yeah it works. I never bother with cars myself, jogging across the map and back is quicker than finding all the crap needed to get a car running...

Thanks for that. I needed to know if they work.

You dont bother with cars? Even outside EXP? You're a fool, we've had a car in a car tent "camp" (tent, barrel, car) for half a month and use it do drive everywhere. Vehicles in ARMA are one of the best parts of their engines. 

3 minutes ago, Influence_X said:

You dont bother with cars? Even outside EXP? You're a fool, we've had a car in a car tent "camp" (tent, barrel, car) for half a month and use it do drive everywhere. Vehicles in ARMA are one of the best parts of their engines. 

I did build a car once, drove it for about an hour, parked to log out a few hours. When I logged back in I couldn't get in the driver's seat. Impossible. Used it as storage until someone shot it up and despawned it...

Did one more try but somone else finished that one and took it before I found everything it needed. Fair enough, but I'm not wasting any more of my time on cars...

10 minutes ago, Derleth said:

I did build a car once, drove it for about an hour, parked to log out a few hours. When I logged back in I couldn't get in the driver's seat. Impossible. Used it as storage until someone shot it up and despawned it...

Did one more try but somone else finished that one and took it before I found everything it needed. Fair enough, but I'm not wasting any more of my time on cars...

How long ago was that? I've never had that issue. Honestly I wouldn't suggest people trying to repair and keep cars since since around .59.

But cars have worked very well for me on public low pop servers since the 1.01 patch. 

1 hour ago, Influence_X said:

How long ago was that? I've never had that issue. Honestly I wouldn't suggest people trying to repair and keep cars since since around .59.

But cars have worked very well for me on public low pop servers since the 1.01 patch. 

It was a few weeks before 1.01, so February. Cars were sinking into the ground and doing other weird things...

1 hour ago, Derleth said:

It was a few weeks before 1.01, so February. Cars were sinking into the ground and doing other weird things...

You need to try them again. They got significantly better performance from 1.0 to 1.01. 

4 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

Yeah, that "personal light" thing is horrible. Leave it to the light sources we already have. The head lamp and weapon flashlights are perfect the way they are. Just add more ambient light with the proper moon phases and it'll be perfect.

But that magic personal light radius was meant for Diablo 1, and should stay there.

3 hours ago, Kathosky said:

Totally agree with others that the client side light should be removed and the moon light should be recovered depending on its moon phases and how cloudy the sky is, also projecting its corresponding tree/house/object's... shadows, and these (the shadows) be almost completelly black without any other light source.

On the other hand (this might be even more difficult to pursue) is to make the player's eye adaptative in function on how light or dark the night around yourself is, even counting artificially generated light sources as flares, flashlights, campfires...

Summarizing; make it as realistic as possible.

3 hours ago, kopo79 said:

okay....first test and spawned at night and it feels that i have chemlight as a builded in my hands.
there is moon in sky...why it is not get some light on enviroment?

for me it feels like devs have decided to input invisible chemlight in character models head that everyone can see at night,

2 hours ago, amadieus said:

Thanks great video! The darkness itself looks fine in my opinion, its just those trees light up like I am having a white glow stick attached to my forehead...

@Kathosky @kopo79 @amadieus @odin_lowe Please weigh in with your VOTE over on the post I made, let's make our voices heard.

Edited by 0.64 Freerider
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, Influence_X said:

On Twitter, Peter Nespensy said: “Motor oil and brake fluid are currently disabled in motor simulation”

So I assume that you only need fuel and water now. I filled an Olga with petrol. Unlike the ADA, the slot is on the left side of the car.

Edited by ThePugman

ISSUES i've found in this patch:

-Health. We still heal up way to fast, I know it takes 33% longer now from the "tweaked notes", but this really needs more drastic change. Make it 3-5 times as long as this patch, and I feel that's a minimum, I whould like to see 5 times as long. Example: Today I stepped on a bear trap in Novy summer camp which took me down to blinking red health. I walked up to Novy Police station and was already yellow health, looted the Police station and walked to the western long white barns and I was full health. This took about 10 minutes. 10 minutes from minimum health to full is quite frankly ridiculous. Isn't low health supposed to have an impact on your gameplay? I feel when you're shot in a firefight or slapped silly by the infected, mauled by wolves etc, you should have to be carefull, thinking of ways to get yourself out of the situation and escape to heal.

If you make it 5 times as long, that whould be around 50 minutes from barely alive to full health. This gives us something to worry about, we need to have more consequenses from serious damage. Right now we just wait 5-10 minutes no matter how bad we are messed up and we just sprint away, back in the fight. Please make this harder. Same for blood, give the saline/bloodbags meaning again.

-Get rid of the "personal night light". I looted the entire Tisy military base at the middle of night without a flashlight and I didn't take a single infected hit, nor did I need to slow down, because I could see everything.

-Raining from clear skies. I have not seen any lower dense skies like you whould expect when it's raining, only light high skies.

-Raining sounds persisted after it had stopped raining until I restarted the game.

-I had 3 game crashes during my 4 hours of gameplay this patch.

-The number of infected I encountered also seemed low, I don't know it this was intentional.

-Infected often still react to suppressed pistol shots, I have not tested the nato/east supressors yet in EXP, but in stable infected react to those aswell as if you are firing un-suppressed.

-Infected still goes through you when using knife to melee, I have not tried any other melee weapons yet.

Other ISSUES present also in Stable:

-Stunlock. This in the current state I feel is gamebreaking. I whould like to see the "stunlock" removed completely. It seems ridiculous to me being able to lock up a player from moving away by just swinging at him again and again with an axe, sledgehammer etc.. If you are inside a house, there is next to no chance of getting away from this. Even out in the open I've died/killed players easily with this feature. It pretty much takes skill completely out of the fight, only counting who can make the first hit and then the other player is locked up. This is VERY frustrating when you're standing there with a gun in your hands, being knocked back again and again until you go uncon/die, not being able to counter with anything. My suggestion is that you flinch but can move away when getting hit.

-Dead players disappearing too fast. The time for dead players to disappear/despawn needs to be increased to 15 minutes atleast. They practically despawn before the gunfight is over now, taking alot of the meaning/value of gunfights away.

• Like 3
  • Beans 1

4 hours ago, Derleth said:

I got that few days ago after parking very close to a tree, the tree was blocking the action "get in" on driver side.

I managed to get in from the passenger seat and change seat

Edited by matiman

Health. We still heal up way to fast, I know it takes 33% longer now from the "tweaked notes", but this really needs more drastic change. Make it 3-5 times as long as this patch, and I feel that's a minimum, I whould like to see 5 times as long. Example: Today I stepped on a bear trap in Novy summer camp which took me down to blinking red health. I walked up to Novy Police station and was already yellow health, looted the Police station and walked to the western long white barns and I was full health. This took about 10 minutes. 10 minutes from minimum health to full is quite frankly ridiculous. Isn't low health supposed to have an impact on your gameplay? I feel when you're shot in a firefight or slapped silly by the infected, mauled by wolves etc, you should have to be carefull, thinking of ways to get yourself out of the situation and escape to heal.

If you make it 5 times as long, that whould be around 50 minutes from barely alive to full health. This gives us something to worry about, we need to have more consequenses from serious damage. Right now we just wait 5-10 minutes no matter how bad we are messed up and we just sprint away, back in the fight. Please make this harder. Same for blood, give the saline/bloodbags meaning again.

On point. You can be clobbered to near death levels by zombies and then be back at 100% in 10 minutes (was 5 minutes before). Blood bags, transfusions were a big part of the mod. They're non-existent in today's gameplay.

-Get rid of the "personal night light". I looted the entire Tisy military base at the middle of night without a flashlight and I didn't take a single infected hit, nor did I need to slow down, because I could see everything.

What made night time so nice was that EVERYBODY had to use a light source. Everyone's on an even field. Playing at night with just this personal light is doable, but it is a HUGE pain in the ass to the eyes. What will happen is players who are heavily invested in their character's life would rather squint and just suck it up rather than risk using a light source. If you go to high ground and look at a city on a high pop server, you'll see all the lights moving around. There's a lot of exposure that can lead to more interaction. With this, people will just be running around in the dark squinting at their monitor while killing interaction. Same thing with the gamma abuse before, they made all that progress of having everyone at an even field and they'll end up fucking it up if they keep this night light.

Imo, the main reason for this change was so fresh spawns who spawn at night aren't shit out of luck once their flare runs out. A better "band-aid" for this would be to spawn with a chemlight instead AND have the ability to attach it to your clothing. Or hell fuck it, having them spawn with a flashlight with batteries would be a better "band aid" than this.

Edited by repzaj1234
  • Beans 2

8 hours ago, Pavlos Ge said:

Guys I really don't know what your problem with night light is.It seems to be about PERFECT now.Before my screen was completely black like i switched my monitor off.You could literally do nothing with this than sit in a house and wait for the sunrise or logout and wait.Now u can see the basic figures of trees and houses in front you so you can AT LEAST find somewhere safe to settle for the night.Common you like staring at a switched off monitor ? Even with a light source it was almost impossible to make basic traveling in the game.I think they just found the perfect middle ground for people who want bright day-like night (which in my opinion is bad because it's no different than having daytime visibility) and those who want completely monitor-off like night.So this one is the best of both worlds imo.And don't tell me that you could see basic stuff with the old night because a) your monitor is problematic/bad with washed out colors  or  b) you set your monitor's gamma really high.I have a TN (which does not have the greatest blacks) calibrated for real life color reproduction (as close as it can be with a TN panel) and i couldnt see anything rather than a white dot in the middle of the screen.I can't imagine how this would be for people with VA or IPS panel which have more lifelike black colors...Just relax and enjoy, it doesn't make it less ''hardcore' being able to stare at your screen and see BASIC figures that makes you think 'oh my monitor is not turned off'. :)

From my experience and everyone else I play with, if this is your issue then all you need to do is adjust your monitor settings. Currently in stable without the light light, even on the darkest nights you should still be able to see your own Silhouette, and of objects around you, you just are not able to see any detail to them. If you are seeing pitch black then adjust your monitor and you will see improvement in both this and light source brightness.

this personal light really is bad and kills the atmosphere of night time. Honestly anyone Now that doesn’t enjoy playing at night are probably not going stop playing on 24h daytime servers with this addition anyways, so why wreck it for the people who enjoy the full night and day experience.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TAMW said:

ISSUES i've found in this patch:

-Health. We still heal up way to fast, I know it takes 33% longer now from the "tweaked notes", but this really needs more drastic change. Make it 3-5 times as long as this patch, and I feel that's a minimum, I whould like to see 5 times as long.

I disagree with you until blood is a major factor in the game again. Previously you used to have to worry about running out of blood far sooner than "health". I'm fine with health refilling quickly until blood is properly balanced again. 

41 minutes ago, Influence_X said:

I disagree with you until blood is a major factor in the game again. Previously you used to have to worry about running out of blood far sooner than "health". I'm fine with health refilling quickly until blood is properly balanced again. 

Well is it even planned as part of the health system? Before 0.63 you lost 500-2000 (10-40%) blood each bullet you took along with total health, and health could not be regenerated unless blood was either full (or atleast above health levels, can't remember). This took a long time, and required you to be both hydrated and energized to regenerate anything. And you had bone damage with its consequences on top of that.

Now you just bleed from your wounds until they are patched, and bloodloss is only dictated by how many wounds you have as far as I can tell, no difference in a cut from a infected or a bullet wound.  And both blood and health is regenerated fully in 10 minutes. IN ONLY 10 MINUTES.

Food and water is so plentiful I haven't had to hunt a single animal since before 0.63, I'm pretty much always in the white and I barely loot for food. Diseases have next to no negative effect on you. They even decreased your food and water needs by 20% this experimental. This game is so fucking easy right now it's not even funny.

If a more complex health system is planned, that's awesome, but in the meantime just give us longer (A LOT LONGER) healing times so our health actually is a concern and require us to actually try a bit.

• Thanks 1

Food and water is so plentiful I haven't had to hunt a single animal since before 0.63, I'm pretty much always in the white and I barely loot for food. Diseases have next to no negative effect on you. They even decreased your food and water needs by 20% this experimental. This game is so fucking easy right now it's not even funny.

It's time for a balance pass on the amount of food and water spawned. This includes the zombie drop rate. Gun down multiple infected and you have a buffet of canned goods and sodas.

And it's not only the amount spawned, certain types of food should not satiate thirst. And the ones that do, their thirst satiation values need to be nerfed hard. You shouldn't be able to chow down random food like cereal, powdered milk, mushrooms and be magically in the yellow again for thirst.

A personal night light for dayz that isnt an actual in game "item" light is, that what is happening here ? 

I guess someone is offended by dayz night time in 2019 

4 hours ago, matiman said:

I got that few days ago after parking very close to a tree, the tree was blocking the action "get in" on driver side.

I managed to get in from the passenger seat and change seat

Yeah I tried that, but it wasn't working, the driver's seat position was just dead and impossible to interact with from any direction. But it was a few patches ago so nothing I'm worrying about. My main peeve with cars is that it takes hours to find the parts needed to get them running, and I'd rather spend that time on the move rather than desperately rummaging through every shed and garage in a 3-mile radius...

If cars would spawn with only one or two missing parts, or even just missing fuel sometimes, that would make it feasible for a lone wolf to make the effort. As they are now, cars are mostly group transportation for squads. The time/risk needed to get them running is just not worth it for me, not when I know I'll probably lose it when I log out.

Another thing, has anyone successfully one-hit a zombie yet? There was something yesterday about also torso hits working, but so far they won't go down with one hit. Tried with hatchet and hunting knife so far. Does not seem to be working, or is there a trick to it?

They said some weapons like the Fire Axe do the trick but  i would like  to see some video or explanation about this.

2 minutes ago, polini said:

They said some weapons like the Fire Axe do the trick but  i would like  to see some video or explanation about this.

I haven't touched fire axes since 0.63 experimental. It caused less damage than bare fists for a long time, I'm still suspicious...

3 minutes ago, polini said:

The fire axe was always meant to be a one hit zombie killer, but I havent found it to be so

3 hours ago, Derleth said:

If cars would spawn with only one or two missing parts, or even just missing fuel sometimes, that would make it feasible for a lone wolf to make the effort. As they are now, cars are mostly group transportation for squads. The time/risk needed to get them running is just not worth it for me, not when I know I'll probably lose it when I log out.

Signed

22 minutes ago, Derleth said:

I haven't touched fire axes since 0.63 experimental. It caused less damage than bare fists for a long time, I'm still suspicious...

I currently use the steak knife . . . .  feels faintly ridiculous but its small and works . . . .  just needs several slashes

I personally like the new night lighting. Before it was like inside of my Players ass. I mean it can't be empty moon (that the correct term i don't know?) all the time.

However i found some thing which i don't know if they are really bugs or intentional: One can't empty a water bottle --> would be nice because i like to do so in order to avoid an itching stomache and fill it with Fresh clean water. That said i don't know if it is even possible to have infected water in a pristine bottle.

10 hours ago, akafugitive said:

From my experience and everyone else I play with, if this is your issue then all you need to do is adjust your monitor settings. Currently in stable without the light light, even on the darkest nights you should still be able to see your own Silhouette, and of objects around you, you just are not able to see any detail to them. If you are seeing pitch black then adjust your monitor and you will see improvement in both this and light source brightness.

this personal light really is bad and kills the atmosphere of night time. Honestly anyone Now that doesn’t enjoy playing at night are probably not going stop playing on 24h daytime servers with this addition anyways, so why wreck it for the people who enjoy the full night and day experience.

As i stated in my post my screen is calibrated to be somewhat ACCURATE in color reproduction.If you are able to see with the current night,your monitor's calibration is bad and the colors are washed out.Only 1 of my teammates can actually see because his monitor is completely uncalibrated with stock settings (highest gamma setting applied).I tried my monitor's default settings and yes i can barely see,BUT day looks like horse s**t.Looks like it came out of the washing machine.So the deal is either you have wrong settings so you can barely see something,or you have accurate color settings and you cant see s**t at night.Changing monitor's setting when night comes and goes is not an option for obvious reasons.I hope they make it more ''even'' ,if that makes sense, across multiple monitors' calibrations so there are not such big differences.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Derleth said:

It may change with the introduction of the Olga, but currently, on stable, the ADA can spawn with everything attached. Therefore, you just need the fluids. If they carry this on through with the next stable update, it will be even easier, since motor oil is currently disabled.