ImpulZ

The Xbox One launch FAQ!

So no fixes to combat logging and ghosting into bases and no fixes to duping 👏👏👏👏👏 are you going to change the name to DayZ battle royal as that is all the game is good for even after the update. We will wait until you have corrected those issues before my friends and I come back to Dayz. What a let down as all that these updates are good for is fighting on the coast. We expected better!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jackel said:

So no fixes to combat logging and ghosting into bases and no fixes to duping 👏👏👏👏👏 are you going to change the name to DayZ battle royal as that is all the game is good for even after the update. We will wait until you have corrected those issues before my friends and I come back to Dayz. What a let down as all that these updates are good for is fighting on the coast. We expected better!

I that case you might as well un-install right now, it is a lot easier then whining about stuff that won't get changed.

Ghosting is 100% here to stay, just get used to it and remember to check your corners.

Combat logging will also stay no matter how long you change the timer to, some people just don't wanna risk losing all their shit and that won't change.

And the duping part?

The update is NOT out yet and neither are the full patch-notes, so it is _very_ early to start whining about that part.

How about we just wait a couple of hours and see what state the game ACTUALLY will be in before we start complaining about stuff that is just pure guesswork?

That said, the new controls look kinda... strange?

I know we can't see the whole picture yet (as the diagram they showed only showed a little of the full controls), so im gonna wait a little and look forward to all the good stuff (they promised waaay better frame-rates plus persistence, that is a _big_ thing and I for one would be happy if all they fixed for now was the frame-rate drops!).

We got a great fucking game here, lets see what the new version of it actually is before we start tearing the devs (another) new one! 😉

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

I that case you might as well un-install right now, it is a lot easier then whining about stuff that won't get changed.

Ghosting is 100% here to stay, just get used to it and remember to check your corners.

Combat logging will also stay no matter how long you change the timer to, some people just don't wanna risk losing all their shit and that won't change.

And the duping part?

The update is NOT out yet and neither are the full patch-notes, so it is _very_ early to start whining about that part.

How about we just wait a couple of hours and see what state the game ACTUALLY will be in before we start complaining about stuff that is just pure guesswork?

That said, the new controls look kinda... strange?

I know we can't see the whole picture yet (as the diagram they showed only showed a little of the full controls), so im gonna wait a little and look forward to all the good stuff (they promised waaay better frame-rates plus persistence, that is a _big_ thing and I for one would be happy if all they fixed for now was the frame-rate drops!).

We got a great fucking game here, lets see what the new version of it actually is before we start tearing the devs (another) new one! 😉

That’s the problem. None of that should be in the game and until something is done about it the game will never be as good as it could be. The devs have said that duping will not fix fixed at full release on one of their streams but hey if your happy to play a half broken game then go ahead especially now with their great controller mapping that they have introduced.

On 3/27/2019 at 7:31 PM, Jackel said:

“...... but hey if your happy to play a half broken game then go ahead especially now with their great controller mapping that they have introduced.”

Ah ha so now we get what your actual problem is 😉 The controller scheme.

well if that’s what keeping you and your “friends” away then don’t let the door hit you where the good lord split you there chief. Lol 😂 if you haven’t guessed already I hate the “I’m going to take my ball home if I don’t get what I want” crap that people do, really about anything but especially when it comes to DayZ. Are there bugs or things that need to be tweaked? Yeah sure I agree but, “broken game” or “unplayable” as some like to cry about? How? How exactly is it unplayable because I played before the update and I’ve placed since the update and there’s been no issues that would even come close to sniffing “unplayable” or “broken” 

dont be so dramatic. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have to say im enjoying the update so far, devs have done a pretty good job with this build... Obviously a few more creases that need ironing but one that baffled me earlier slightly was, binoculars werent working, may have been a temporary bug as i havent tried again yet but mostly im loving it 

Really enjoying the new updates, especially the smoothness of the ui. zombies again are creatures to be feared and darkness now lasts long enough to be wary of. 

Thanks for the hard work dev's, and the tuna can fix! Saved my buddies and i's life!

• Like 1

On 3/29/2019 at 9:24 PM, HiroCheeseMuh1 said:

well if that’s what keeping you and your “friends” away then don’t let the door hit you where the good lord split you there chief. Lol 😂 if you haven’t guessed already I hate the “I’m going to take my ball home if I don’t get what I want” crap that people do, really about anything but especially when it comes to DayZ. Are there bugs or things that need to be tweaked? Yeah sure I agree but, “broken game” or “unplayable” as some like to cry about? How? How exactly is it unplayable because I played before the update and I’ve placed since the update and there’s been no issues that would even come close to sniffing “unplayable” or “broken” 

dont be so dramatic. 

Not even close to "unplayable" for me... if he has such a problem with the controls maybe he should get him self a good old Elite Controller! I love it. I can have the controls anyway I want them. But I just try and keep the 4 finger tip buttons my bumpers or anything with D pad. Try and move buttons that you use to go through menus or something like that and it will be a little tricky for ya.

• Beans 1

4 hours ago, TahoeBeast said:

Not even close to "unplayable" for me... if he has such a problem with the controls maybe he should get him self a good old Elite Controller! I love it. I can have the controls anyway I want them. But I just try and keep the 4 finger tip buttons my bumpers or anything with D pad. Try and move buttons that you use to go through menus or something like that and it will be a little tricky for ya.

so your solution for the rest is to buy an elite controller? what if they already have one but all the 4 paddles are already set to something else, where they've been set to for years already, like jump, crouch, reload and such. heard of muscle memory?

so I think you're wrong but it's the controls that needs a change. 

5 hours ago, nikoor said:

so your solution for the rest is to buy an elite controller? what if they already have one but all the 4 paddles are already set to something else, where they've been set to for years already, like jump, crouch, reload and such. heard of muscle memory?

so I think you're wrong but it's the controls that needs a change. 

Well, THAT solution is a lot better than listening to people complain about every single aspect of the game.  With an Elite, you can map out the controls however you want.  Most people are fine with the controls, so you are in the minority.  Sounds like YOUR solution is to screw it up for everyone else to suit YOUR needs.

13 minutes ago, Stagman70 said:

Well, THAT solution is a lot better than listening to people complain about every single aspect of the game.  With an Elite, you can map out the controls however you want.  Most people are fine with the controls, so you are in the minority.  Sounds like YOUR solution is to screw it up for everyone else to suit YOUR needs.

no no you got it so wrong. it's majority actually who does not use the claw grip. and the ones using the claw grip can shoot with their middle finger while leaning to right which can not be done if you've played just using your index fingers on bumpers and triggers. it's ok when people can't use leaning when someone else can? how about I put my xim on and I can lean just fine then, same thing right? I sure am titled to use it like you can your elite controller?

Edited by nikoor

It's going on 2 weeks....I wonder how close we are to getting 1.02.

Would love to get a fal before the dupers do

6 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

6 hours ago, nikoor said:

no no you got it so wrong. it's majority actually who does not use the claw grip. and the ones using the claw grip can shoot with their middle finger while leaning to right which can not be done if you've played just using your index fingers on bumpers and triggers. it's ok when people can't use leaning when someone else can? how about I put my xim on and I can lean just fine then, same thing right? I sure am titled to use it like you can your elite controller?

To be honest, at this point from playing so much since the update, Ive adapted to most of the control scheme now so to change it again would suck in my opinion. The only thing I would like to change is the whole rolling business when prone. I understand that rolling is necessary but I think it needs to be relegated to either the D pad or by clicking left and right stick depending on direction. Having the action tied to the bumpers just isn’t a good set up. Other than that I’d say everything is fine control wise. While I understand the reasoning behind purchasing an elite controller not everyone has the extra $$ to spend on something like that. It is a good solution for those who can afford it, I agree with that, but not the best option for all. The only feasible solution that shuts everyone up is the ability to customize control scheme via the options menu. Doesn’t even have to be full customization just when it comes to things like bringing up your hot bar or rolling or leaning you should be able to optimize the control scheme to some degree that fits your play style. But of course I’m too much of a moron to understand how any of that works so maybe my suggestions aren’t possible and if that’s the case then I guess we just have to deal with things the way they are now and stop whining like little girls. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤔

1 hour ago, HiroCheeseMuh1 said:

clicking left and right stick depending on direction.

this is what leaning/rolling should've been from the start as suggested MONTHS ago but hey we were just testers why listen to us?

• Beans 1

11 hours ago, nikoor said:

Controls work one way for some people, and different for others.  That is why I suggested getting a controller that you can remap to your liking.  There is NO WAY that everyone will be happy, as evidenced by reading every single post on this forum.  This is how I see it......the controls are the way they are.  Some like it, others don't.  If they get changed to make THOSE people happy, then the others will complain.  I have no problem whatsoever with the controls.  You ask "it's ok when people can't use leaning when someone else can?"  I have nerve damage in my left hand, so should I DEMAND that BI change the control scheme to suit ME?  That's only fair, right?  NO.   Bottom line is, get a controller that you can customize,  roll with the way it is, shut up, or stop playing.  Those are your four choices.

• Beans 1

On 3/30/2019 at 12:24 PM, HiroCheeseMuh1 said:

dont be so dramatic. 

I never said it was unplayable and I only mentioned the new controller mapping sucks. You as a person might happily go through life being mediocre with everything you take interest in but I when I see that dayz is out of game preview then the game should be finished not half done and no cheating like duping but hey you seem that you don’t mind it so knock yourself out💋

1 hour ago, Jackel said:

I never said it was unplayable and I only mentioned the new controller mapping sucks. You as a person might happily go through life being mediocre with everything you take interest in but I when I see that dayz is out of game preview then the game should be finished not half done and no cheating like duping but hey you seem that you don’t mind it so knock yourself out💋

Oh the condescension is strong in this one. So how do I respond to this without sinking to the same depths of condescension? 

My issue with your post was the whining and pretending like if you and your “friends” leave because you’re unhappy then BI and by default DayZ will be in shambles. I have the same reaction to Yelp reviews where because the red carpet wasn’t rolled out for someone they act as though their nickel is what’s keeping the business afloat. 

I also didn’t like the Weasley way you tried to make it seem like there were all these issues when really your gripe has more to do with not liking the controller set up above everything else. I agree with you that there’s still some things that need to be ironed out but if owned the game pre update then why are you acting like you had to fork over more money when the update hit? It’s that useless pissing and moaning that you and many others do that really set my response into motion. You have a brittle spirit if lack of absolute perfection on a game, that really is one of a kind and has no rival, gets you so upset you’re threatening to go elsewhere. My answer will still remain as “then leave!” 

8 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

Controls work one way for some people, and different for others.  That is why I suggested getting a controller that you can remap to your liking.  There is NO WAY that everyone will be happy, as evidenced by reading every single post on this forum.  This is how I see it......the controls are the way they are.  Some like it, others don't.  If they get changed to make THOSE people happy, then the others will complain.  I have no problem whatsoever with the controls.  You ask "it's ok when people can't use leaning when someone else can?"  I have nerve damage in my left hand, so should I DEMAND that BI change the control scheme to suit ME?  That's only fair, right?  NO.   Bottom line is, get a controller that you can customize,  roll with the way it is, shut up, or stop playing.  Those are your four choices.

no I rather bitch about it until something is done to it simply because it's not working for everyone and there's a better way to do it which will suit everyone. the current layout is just a joke and I'm not even exaggerating. I speak for many.

3 hours ago, nikoor said:

no I rather bitch about it until something is done to it simply because it's not working for everyone and there's a better way to do it which will suit everyone. the current layout is just a joke and I'm not even exaggerating. I speak for many.

Well gee, that's mighty noble of you, being the self-appointed whiner for the masses that, I guess, are too stupid to know that they should be unhappy with the controls the way they are?  Save your allowance, or whatever, and go buy an Elite if you're so unhappy.  I, for one, am tired of listening to all you blow-hards that think you can do it better, and will throw a temper tantrum until YOU get YOUR way.

43 minutes ago, Stagman70 said:

Well gee, that's mighty noble of you, being the self-appointed whiner for the masses that, I guess, are too stupid to know that they should be unhappy with the controls the way they are?  Save your allowance, or whatever, and go buy an Elite if you're so unhappy.  I, for one, am tired of listening to all you blow-hards that think you can do it better, and will throw a temper tantrum until YOU get YOUR way.

I have an elite controller, have had it for years. Fun fact: most commonly used buttons for the paddles are X, A and B which allows you to keep your thumbs on the sticks I'm sure you can understand that. I don't care what (but I'd prefer as would the majority to have them on RS and LS) the leaning is but the fact it's not TOGGLE but you need to hold the button down, that's the problem.

oh and I definitely could do it better, like most of us.

Edited by nikoor

15 hours ago, nikoor said:

oh and I definitely could do it better

GREAT!  Let us all know when YOUR game is on the market.  You know the saying...."those who can DO.  Those who CAN'T become critics".  I know what you need to do.......when K&M support comes out, you need to play with those so the rest of us that don't have issues don't have to listen to you anymore.

15 hours ago, nikoor said:

Fun fact: most commonly used buttons for the paddles are X, A and B

Fun fact:  Nobody cares.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

GREAT!  Let us all know when YOUR game is on the market.  You know the saying...."those who can DO.  Those who CAN'T become critics".  I know what you need to do.......when K&M support comes out, you need to play with those so the rest of us that don't have issues don't have to listen to you anymore.

Fun fact:  Nobody cares.

I already am and will give it a go then you funny little fella

Edited by nikoor