ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.02.150945

Hello Survivors,

we have a first patch with fixes for the current 1.02 Experimental update, to deal with most of the new issues.

With this update we have also updated the Public Experimental server files.

Patchnotes

NOTES

• It is highly recommended to use the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
  • Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
  • Updating a moddable game and its platform is not without risks. We use various methods to communicate upcoming changes to our awesome modding community. We also co-operate directly on troubleshooting, and we offer an opportunity to test updates via our Release Candidate tests. Modders, server administrators and other members of the community do their best to prepare for updates and to address issues post-release as quickly as possible. Please be mindful of some interruptions (especially in the first hours / days after a release) while we all work to improve the game together.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q.DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
  • You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.

FIXED

• Fixed: Server crash upon respawn
  • Fixed: FX-45 was not functional
  • Fixed: Getting shot underwater put character into falling animation
  • Fixed: Inventory, vicinity and hands slots were overlapping with each other
  • Fixed: First gunshot caused FPS drop
  • Fixed: OLGA 24 could not be refilled
  • Fixed: Server VMEs related to the in-game map
  • Fixed: Character noise indicator not being present

TWEAKED

• Tweaked: Reduced smoke particles on LAR
  • Tweaked: In-game map behaviour
  • Changed: All particles are now preloaded during the game's initial loading
  • Changed: 'FullAuto' fire mode set as default mode on all relevant weapons
  • Like 5
  • Beans 7

What about the client freeze as soon as you get 1km close to another player or countainers? 

What about tweaks to base destruction, fence health values maybe multiplied by 10 for a start?

What about tweaks so blood and health doesn't restore within 3minutes but maybe you need some time and medicine and care of your wounds?

• Like 1

Hi everybody, would love for you to weigh in on the subject of this new artificial "Personal Night Light"

Made a post here, where you can vote as well.

2 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

FIXED

• Fixed: Server crash upon respawn
  • Fixed: FX-45 was not functional
  • Fixed: Getting shot underwater put character into falling animation
  • Fixed: Inventory, vicinity and hands slots were overlapping with each other
  • Fixed: First gunshot caused FPS drop
  • Fixed: OLGA 24 could not be refilled
  • Fixed: Server VMEs related to the in-game map
  • Fixed: Character noise indicator not being present

TWEAKED

• Tweaked: Reduced smoke particles on LAR
  • Tweaked: In-game map behaviour
  • Changed: All particles are now preloaded during the game's initial loading
  • Changed: 'FullAuto' fire mode set as default mode on all relevant weapons

Thanks man, I see some serious fixes there like the Fixed: Server crash upon respawn, Fixed: OLGA 24 could not be refilled, etc. Thanks for the quick work!

35 minutes ago, krazikilla said:

What about tweaks so blood and health doesn't restore within 3minutes but maybe you need some time and medicine and care of your wounds

^

this. it felt so good last night to see morphine bein actually helpful to regain health.

so it was just a bug....? its really getting frustrating. just remove medics, remove nighttime already. its pointless.

im so disappointed

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Alexander “Ingal” Inghamn said:

What about jumping being delayed... You need to press the jump button long before the obstacle. 

There is no delay, you need to make momentum for jumping over obstacles. We get vaulting in a future patch to get over fences/walls when standing right in front of it.

interacting with tents now means you have to crouch in the door, tents are scaled differently, not such an effort to go in. can crouch in a tent

the bigger graphics are definitely going to take getting used to. Not sure I need them that big.

The orientation of the M4 silencers has changed, now horizontal instead of vertical, same for pistol suppressor, the graphic is really big in your hands . . . I havent found a KAM suppressor   . . .

9mm to 45 bullet differentiation subtle. 556 and 762 39, 762 54 ok

loading 9 mm magazines is quieter

rangefinder now works, yay . . .  .

Binoculars work

to take something off you, clothes back pack etc you have to drag it from the top menu now

Cannot see any more how much each bag or clothing item weighs with the kit inside it, ahh you just have to look at the bag on the ground . .

Cannot "see" or pick up some fruit on the ground ..

stealth movement symbol appears, not sure how much use it is going to be. minimum seems to be 2 if you edge along or crouch walk,

watchtower details now visible . . . .

chopping a tree down now gives you two logs . .

Fence gate doesnt open, and you seem to be capable of teleporting through the gate. Gate didnt open and I just appeared on the other side . This is a problem  .. I hope the wolves cannot do that ..

some issues near the fence ..

Edited by aux7

Hello Dayz so I had a question regarding to the PlayStation version because the official Lounge for X Box is tomorrow and now i‘m wondering when the release for the PlayStation is .I‘m waiting  for it since 2015

https://imgur.com/a/JW4d9Al

Please do not roll back to 5 minute full blood and HP regeneration. It took me close to an hour to fully regenerate blood and health. That should be how it is, it has been since way back then. The community has been clamoring for it.

Edited by repzaj1234

hey guys, found a weird bug:

When using the rangefinder, the first thing you see is 999 (which is ok) but then people around me can see the 999 aswell. It just pops up on their screen, even when they are driving a car or just running around on foot. Tested it just now with a couple of mates who where in a 1km vicinity around me. So I am actually not sure if only people in my "bubble" can see it or if everyone one the server sees it :D

Pantalones!

• Confused 1

Hi guys, I'm trying to repair an Olga and I'm not able to find where to put the oil. The similar black piece to the right side that's on the 4X4 does not give a prompt on the Olga. Since it was just unable to be fueled, is it possible that it's now unable to put oil in the engine?

Edit: we also found an LADA 4X4 and were unable to put oil in it. Might be a bug this patch guys 😞

Edited by Influence_X

I do like some of the changes from this patch but there are a couple that really bother me as someone who enjoys DayZ for what separates it from most other games, and its atmosphere.

changes to Night lighting

- this addition of the client lighting breaks a bit of the atmosphere of the game; night time being dark, disorienting and creepy is something that shouldn't change. the work on creating the filter to prevent gamma exploit feels undone by this addition.

- I would really like to see attaching chem-lights to your body or gas lamps to your backpack become i thing; so having a light source while still having your hands free be other options from headlamps/weapon lights

RMB toggle aim down sights

- I'm really not a fan of this being added the way it is added; DayZ has added so many components for dexterity and careful setup/preparation that this feature just takes away from how the system currently works. DayZ not being a twitch shooter is what makes it a great game for its design and this is very generic, and causes conflicts working in tandem with the current aiming method while holding down the mouse button.

- There is one area that having a toggled ADS would help and I hope gets added in eventually, precision aiming with weapon resting/bipod; this would work the same way as the current system except you wont need to keep holding the right mouse button in order to keep the weapon in ready/aimed stance.

could work like this:

- while at cover/prone with weapon in hands; prompt to rest weapon/bi-pod by pressing interaction key (F)

- use the same button that currently toggles between Aimed/Ready (Middle Mouse Button/Shift)

- moving/changing stance will exit rested/bi-pod stance and return the weapon to the default low/high ready stance

- this may be a little less comfortable for people coming from games like COD/Battlefield/every other shooter, but it is the fast easy aiming that makes twitch shooting easy and what will take over from slower deliberate movements where tactical awareness is more superior. I play both styles of games and enjoy both but one of my Major draws to DayZ is that its style for how you handle weapons are your own, feel way more authentic, and do not reward reckless run and gun play

Okay, here's a few more thoughts after another foray into experimental:

1. Tuna is broken again. Option to click to open does not appear. How many blockers to this seemingly simple feature can lie hidden in the code? Fascinating!
  2. One-tapping zeds from behind does not seem to work. Either that or the hitbox to succeed is so small that it is more or less impossible with the way we swing in melee.

3. The "client-side personal night light" is a terrible terrible idea that has been implemented even worse. I don't think they realised what they did here, with a client-side magic lamp each player is now seeing different things, every player has an individual bubble of magic glowing textures around him that only he can see. How are we supposed to know when we have found a good hiding place? How could this even get through the internal QA before the patch went live? It looks utterly crap, ruins immersion and doesn't do anything to fix the underlying problem with night lighting - the lack of ambient light and shadows from the moon. The most frustrating part is that it all worked before beta - then they implemented the anti-gamma thing and suddenly moonlight does not exist in the game. Below I post some screenshots - ALL of them from 0.63 experimental and stress testing - that show how it should look and actually looked for months. Now, instead of going back to something that worked, they are experimenting with artificial, magical personal illumination that breaks the night even more. Unbelievable.

Bring back moonlight. Make it interact with cloud cover so on a clear night with full moon you get something like the first screenshot below, and with thick cloud cover you get the total darkness on current stable. That is how it should be, I think most players can agree about that. "Personal night lights".... Pffft!

7EE185D32EF6BCEF8621680EC2018EA8FCDA7B8A

858DE5FE10398724478019D016A511FE6C864E2E

19A1FC30F6634E0068734DF26F1FD34E49F7AB39

903BAF95F8BC6F687BB05166C643383A9690BF83

Edited by Derleth
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Regarding night time. It seems that people will leave the server no matter what. Really, you should stop catering to those people, and focus on the ones who actually like night time. I love the moonlight effects in the above screenshots.

But if you want those players to stay on, I suppose you have to reward them, and give them reasons for playing at night, I know it doesn’t make much sense, but perhaps zombies could drop better loot at night. Maybe air drops could appear at night? Maybe have a nighttime helicrash with a fire effect? I don’t know, I’m just brainstorming. 

I’ve always loved the idea of being able to light up cities at night. Imagine finding the parts (generator, fuel, etc) and being able to light up parts of Electro, for example? Not only would I look great, but it provides incentives to keep playing.

Obviously it’s easy for someone like me to say these things. I’m sure they would be difficult to implement... Whatever you think, the consensus seems to be that the personal nightlight is a bit silly.

44 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

Regarding night time. It seems that people will leave the server no matter what. Really, you should stop catering to those people, and focus on the ones who actually like night time. I love the moonlight effects in the above screenshots.

But if you want those players to stay on, I suppose you have to reward them, and give them reasons for playing at night, I know it doesn’t make much sense, but perhaps zombies could drop better loot at night. Maybe air drops could appear at night? Maybe have a nighttime helicrash with a fire effect? I don’t know, I’m just brainstorming. 

I’ve always loved the idea of being able to light up cities at night. Imagine finding the parts (generator, fuel, etc) and being able to light up parts of Electro, for example? Not only would I look great, but it provides incentives to keep playing.

Obviously it’s easy for someone like me to say these things. I’m sure they would be difficult to implement... Whatever you think, the consensus seems to be that the personal nightlight is a bit silly.

There are mods already that can turn on streetlights, so it is not far-fetched that using generators to turn on sections of street lights in towns could find its way into the vanilla game. However, the way dynamic lighting is handled by the game apparently makes server performance take a major beating by these streetlights, so I assume they have to solve that first. I can imagine that is the reason it is not in at the moment, together with flare guns that I believe most of us want back badly.

Edited by Derleth

The Experimental servers are going offline for a new update, they'll be back soon. Thank you for playing on the Experimental branch and reporting all issues!