ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.02

No noise indicator present in game!

There is again the bug when you hitting an infected your left hand doesnt hit, results in multiple hits from infected!

Nice thing with the clouds and weather, the frame drops are not occurring for me anymore. Game feels smoother, mouse movement in looting menu too, I can definitely feel the light tweaks, night is much more natural like.

Also found a pristine SKS :)

In my opinion the inventory items look way too large in this experimental. They are for sure very small right now in 1.01 but I think they should be like in between that small and that big; so medium.

Maybe including a setting so everyone can have them in the size they want?

Excep for that, very interesting patch notes. Looking fordward to see how nightime looks now!

Overall impressions of this patch are very good after giving it three hours tonight, with one (huge) exception:

Night lighting.

It looks downright TERRIBLE now! The moon still doesn't provide any illumination while many bright textures glow unnaturally in the dark. It is especially obvious indoors (some buildings feel like you're in a funhouse at an amusement park...), but some threes shine like beacons outside too. And breath still glows in the dark, just as much as before. Yes, it is much easier to see and move about at night with these changes, but by the Holy Below you must be able to achieve this without making textures glow in the dark! Also the clouds look really weird at night, see screenshot below. I'm sure it can't be intended, it is a really ugly, unnatural effect.

Before beta the moon actually provided light and cast shadows, why not bring that back?

On a positive note, the increased light radius on chemlights was nice, they have gone from useless to perhaps the best light source available, at least of the hand-held ones, since they last long and are not affected by rain. 

9A010FC4F63648F212769C072A3F4B0338B46323

• Beans 1

8 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

MODDING

• Added: Particles that are attached on an object can now rotate independently from that object (this fixed unintended directional flame on burning torches, see Particle.PlayOnObject(...) function documentation) 

Ok, where can we find this documentation ?

10 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

What are these numbers in gray? marked some of them yellow ...

bAXjZod.png

That's from Xbox, the numbers are inventory slots taken by each item.

• Thanks 1

Tweaked: Central economy (minor adjustments)

What was changed for the loot economy? 

ISSUES I've found in this experimental:

-Lighting at night is way overdone, I don't even need a flashlight in this experimental. It has to be toned down, I litteraly glow in the dark now. I personally didn't see the need to change from current stable, night time should be dark.

-Infected blocking you. I got stuck in a corner by a single infected, and with how you can't shoot them as the gun raises up when you are close to them, this is a big problem. I whould like to be able to push infected away with some kind of defensive move that drain alot of stamina. Atleast in the short term get rid of the raising weapon thing when you're close to infected or players, so you can shoot them.

-Stunlock. This in the current state I feel is gamebreaking. I don't know if melee PVP has changed this EXP patch, but I whould like to see the "stunlock" removed completely. It seems ridiculous to me being able to lock up a player from moving away by just swinging at him again and again with an axe, sledgehammer etc.. If you are inside a house, there is next to no chance of getting away from this. Even out in the open I've died/killed players easily with this feature. It pretty much takes skill completely out of the fight, only counting who can make the first hit and then the other player is locked up. This is VERY frustrating when you're standing there with a gun in your hands, being knocked back again and again until you go uncon/die, not being able to counter with anything. My suggestion is that you flinch but can move away when getting hit.

-Sounds not being heard. About half the time, I could not hear the infected scream when aggroed. Also when I climbed up in the "sandbunker" at staroye military, the infected sounds dissapeared when I was underneath the roof. I haven't gotten into any gunfights in EXP yet, but in stable it is VERY common not being able to hear gunshots, wolves houling or infected aggro screams. I also don't get any sound feedback when I'm thirsty, only when I'm loosing health from it, very bad for us that don't use HUD.

-Health. We heal up WAY too fast. Both blood and health only takes a few minutes to get back up, this ruins alot of gunfights and more or less takes out the need for saline/bloodbags in the game. I personally whould like to see heal times as long as they were in 0.62. Also dying of hunger/dehydration should drain blood in my opinion, not health, making you limp.

-Dead players disappearing too fast. The time for dead players to disappear/despawn needs to be increased to 10-15 minutes atleast. They practically despawn before the gunfight is over now, taking alot of the meaning/value of gunfights away. This is a big issue for me.

A GOOD thing about this EXP I took notice of is the inventory. I really like how things takes up more space now. I still feel we should be able to atleast jog while using the inventory.

13 hours ago, deshminder said:

Please fix T135100/T136885 - Infinite duct tape.

Thanks for all the other updates/improvements.

no please don't fix this, at least not until you do something about the zombies...….I can't even look at a zombie without all my clothes being damaged and the duct tape glitch is the only thing keeping me sane...…….I enjoy "dressing up" my character in dayz but with the way zombies are right now its pointless to care about what you are wearing because you will just be changing out your ruined clothes for whatever you find next after every single zombie encounter......

I gotta say I love that you added the option to aim down sights with RMB I was just looking at ways to hotkey this like 2 days ago...….and the ability to move while in inventory is a nice change but it seems kind of pointless that you can only slow walk, it does not really make a difference from slow walking/ standing still.   You may as well be standing still with how slow the walk is.

2 hours ago, Tyler63 said:

….and the ability to move while in inventory is a nice change but it seems kind of pointless that you can only slow walk, it does not really make a difference from slow walking/ standing still.   You may as well be standing still with how slow the walk is.

I actually thought it felt natural that you slowed down. I mean, realistically you wouldn't to be running like Usain Bolt with your arms in a backpack trying to find that 1kg can opener... Good that the blurring was toned down and that you can actually move, but to me the slowing makes sense.

Edited by Derleth

3 hours ago, TAMW said:

-Stunlock. This in the current state I feel is gamebreaking. I don't know if melee PVP has changed this EXP patch, but I whould like to see the "stunlock" removed completely. It seems ridiculous to me being able to lock up a player from moving away by just swinging at him again and again with an axe, sledgehammer etc.. If you are inside a house, there is next to no chance of getting away from this. Even out in the open I've died/killed players easily with this feature. It pretty much takes skill completely out of the fight, only counting who can make the first hit and then the other player is locked up. This is VERY frustrating when you're standing there with a gun in your hands, being knocked back again and again until you go uncon/die, not being able to counter with anything. My suggestion is that you flinch but can move away when getting hit.

Stunlocking is a downside of unlimited stamina servers.  There is nothing for devs to fix other than more robust modding tools which will allow server owners to more easily address the issue.

4 hours ago, TAMW said:

-Health. We heal up WAY too fast. Both blood and health only takes a few minutes to get back up, this ruins alot of gunfights and more or less takes out the need for saline/bloodbags in the game. I personally whould like to see heal times as long as they were in 0.62. Also dying of hunger/dehydration should drain blood in my opinion, not health, making you limp.

Are we playing the same version? Healing is taking HOURS for me. Spent most of my time on red health.

Some thoughts:

When I spawned in, some bastard instantly shot me with a Mosin. I was unconscious for at least 5+ minutes. I’m curious to know if you’ve tweaked that? Because I’ve never been unconscious for that long (I only started playing at 0.63)

The stealth indicator appears to be non-existent.

I’m not convinced that zombies have stopped clipping through you during melee... There is certainly more weight to the punches, but you still seem to end up inside each other. They hit damn hard now too... I swear, 5 hits and I’m flashing red. I wouldn’t actually mind this if we could fight cleanly.

Also, highlighting items, then pressing numbers to hotbar them, does not work for me. It didn’t work for my friend, either.

Apart from that, I am very excited about this update. The inventory looks superb. Ease of use changes will hopefully bring more players back.... i.e. one click to aim down sights, and movement in inventory. I’m very intrigued about the zombie dispersion too. Overall, great work guys!

1 hour ago, ThePugman said:

Are we playing the same version? Healing is taking HOURS for me. Spent most of my time on red health.

He was talking about stable, health regeneration is bugged on this experimental. I haven't had time to test it properly but it seems in certain conditions healing just stops, I was red for a while then suddenly I had healed to white in no time.

1 hour ago, ThePugman said:

When I spawned in, some bastard instantly shot me with a Mosin. I was unconscious for at least 5+ minutes. I’m curious to know if you’ve tweaked that? Because I’ve never been unconscious for that long (I only started playing at 0.63)

The stealth indicator appears to be non-existent.

I’m not convinced that zombies have stopped clipping through you during melee... There is certainly more weight to the punches, but you still seem to end up inside each other. They hit damn hard now too... I swear, 5 hits and I’m flashing red. I wouldn’t actually mind this if we could fight cleanly.

Also, highlighting items, then pressing numbers to hotbar them, does not work for me. It didn’t work for my friend, either.

Apart from that, I am very excited about this update. The inventory looks superb. Ease of use changes will hopefully bring more players back.... i.e. one click to aim down sights, and movement in inventory. I’m very intrigued about the zombie dispersion too. Overall, great work guys!

I think the long unconsciousness had to do with the bugged regen, the shock stat probably stood still a good while before climbing high enough for you to wake up.

Yes, stealth indicator didn't make it.

Zombie collision seemed to work fine now, I never ended up inside a zed but the annoying forward movement that makes you trade places with the zed is still there. Hate that, it makes holding a door practically impossible. That should be possible now that the zeds actually pack a punch so taking on more than two at once is pure suicide. 

All in all, apart from the incredibly poorly implemented "client side personal night light", a very promising patch!

Edited by Derleth

Has any one been able to refuel the sedan?  3 of us gave it a go with the jerry can and a water bottle and were unable to put any fuel in.  And yes I we were by the fuel filler cap, but I could not find any fuel car caption in that area.

3 hours ago, gorvi said:

Stunlocking is a downside of unlimited stamina servers.  There is nothing for devs to fix other than more robust modding tools which will allow server owners to more easily address the issue.

Since this is in, i nvr let someone close. I just shoot them when they do. Or kos 😁

35 minutes ago, Fing said:

Has any one been able to refuel the sedan?  3 of us gave it a go with the jerry can and a water bottle and were unable to put any fuel in.  And yes I we were by the fuel filler cap, but I could not find any fuel car caption in that area.

Not tested it myself but it's in the know issues list, so I guess it doesn't work for now :

KNOWN ISSUES

It is not possible to refill Olga's gas tank

2 hours ago, ThePugman said:

.. [Zombies]  hit damn hard now too... I swear, 5 hits and I’m flashing red. I wouldn’t actually mind this if we could fight cleanly.

They DONT fight cleanly & they don't even fight fair .. seriously, they are REALLY NOT nice people. 
Don't hang out with them. 

You seem like a straight-up guy, but don't expect THEM to play to the rules
- & don't EVER let ONE infected land 5 hits on you - that's ALWAYS been true - What you going to do when you meet TWO of them?

a year or so back, five hits from a zomb would have bled you, torn half your clothes, and smashed gear in your pockets and backpack - plenty damaged & ruined.

Hell, I pointed an automatic at a zomb just as he came to hit me, and he RUINED the gun right there IN MY HAND, and the mag.  I pulled the trigger on him and the gun said "click click". Had to beat him to death with my bare fists then found out later what he did to my 38.  Plus he ripped up my pants. . [ Good thing there isn't a Groin damage-zone in this game ].

Be happy, life is easy now.  Zombs are SUPPOSED to hurt you and MESS you up.  Wait till their teeth and nails begin to cause Infections again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

Be happy, life is easy now.  Zombs are SUPPOSED to hurt you and MESS you up.  Wait till their teeth and nails begin to cause Infections again.

they´re NOT SUPPOSED to hurt you when they are standing 5m away from you, while you cant hit them with your axe/whatever long melee you use + the absence of melee bashing with weapons/bayonets is speaking for itself

and ofcourse the fact that your character is moving forwards while using melee which ends up in you going through the zed

Edited by TheSzepy

37 minutes ago, TheSzepy said:

they´re NOT SUPPOSED to hurt you when they are standing 5m away from you

You are NOT SUPPOSED to stand 5m away from them with an axe (that's crazy)  - you are supposed to punch them in the face until they die.   Try it and you'll take max 1 hit.
Dont get into fights you cant win. Do not engage the enemy where he is strongest. Hit the enemy where he is weakest. [ .. you know the drill ]

22 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Added: Ability to one hit kill infected from behind with selected items

2 hours ago, Derleth said:

Zombie collision seemed to work fine now, I never ended up inside a zed but the annoying forward movement that makes you trade places with the zed is still there.

I think that's what I must be experiencing. It felt like something wasn't quite right, with melee. Man, what I'd give for a push option! Something that take a lot of stamina, maybe? I managed to get pinned against a sign by one zombie and died...

1 hour ago, pilgrim* said:

They DONT fight cleanly & they don't even fight fair .. seriously, they are REALLY NOT nice people. 
Don't hang out with them. 

You seem like a straight-up guy, but don't expect THEM to play to the rules
- & don't EVER let ONE infected land 5 hits on you - that's ALWAYS been true - What you going to do when you meet TWO of them?

a year or so back, five hits from a zomb would have bled you, torn half your clothes, and smashed gear in your pockets and backpack - plenty damaged & ruined.

Hell, I pointed an automatic at a zomb just as he came to hit me, and he RUINED the gun right there IN MY HAND, and the mag.  I pulled the trigger on him and the gun said "click click". Had to beat him to death with my bare fists then found out later what he did to my 38.  Plus he ripped up my pants. . [ Good thing there isn't a Groin damage-zone in this game ].

Haha, that's fair enough, man. I actually really like tough zombies. But it took me hours to get out of red health yesterday. When that's tweaked it should be fine. Their aggro seems really good in the update. You no longer seem to get the whole town after you unless you SERIOUSLY fuck up. Plus, they don't magically know your exact location if they haven't' seen you.

PC PLAYERS:

The Experimental servers are going offline for a new update, they'll be back soon.

Thank you for playing on the Experimental branch and reporting all issues!

• Like 3
  • Beans 1