Sign in to follow this  
eno

Improved Direct Communication across all channels...

Improved direct communication across all channels  

7 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. How do you feel communication has been since full release?

• Still bad and getting worse
    • Still bad but getting better
    • About the same: Still bad
    • About the same: Average
    • About the same: Good
    • Still good but getting better
    • Best that it's ever been!

On 1/25/2019 at 8:41 AM, Baty Alquawen said:

Communication

With many internal changes in planning and how we approach update releases overall, we will also need to be rethinking how often and in what forms we're communicating with you. We still have a lot of brainstorming to do, but it's very likely that the frequency of development Status Reports will no longer follow the 2 week period. Instead, we'd like to think of ways how to more actively work with what's happening in the community, engage in the events organised by community server owners, and improve the direct communication across channels. 

Before the PC 1.0, we've made an attempt at Focused Feedback rounds with our game designers, and we'd like to get back to that idea when we know our developers can invest the time into carefully evaluating the feedback we receive on balancing, or specific game design topics. 

What we mentioned today is merely a fraction of things that are ahead of us this year; there's more to share down the road, but only when we're ready to talk about it. Once our internal roadmap is fleshed out, we will start our deep dive into how exactly DayZ will change this year.

Until then, see you all in Chernarus!

- Eugen Harton / Project Lead

Curious how everyone feels about the how the "improved direct communication across all channels" is going? 

I'm in the "Bad to worse" category- if only because I expect more from a group that selfishly dumped a full release game on us at Christmas time for financial gain and retained all the early access bullshit. 

They claim "We'll talk about it when it's ready" which judging by the lack of communication suggests they're still trying to figure out the roadmap as we approach April. 

This poll isn't about trolling the devgroup or the community moderators as much as to provide a tool to measure how this "improved communication across all channels" is working out. 

itll be done when its done.  and they wil communitcate with us when they are ready to.  posting a thread every day about how salty you are with them will do nothing to change this whatsoever.  so...

23 minutes ago, eno said:

This poll isn't about trolling the devgroup or the community moderators

ya...... it kinda is...

35 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

itll be done when its done.  and they wil communitcate with us when they are ready to.  posting a thread every day about how salty you are with them will do nothing to change this whatsoever.  so...

ya...... it kinda is...

If people think the communication is shitty then maybe they could change their approach. 

If people think their communication is fine then maybe I can change mine. 

I couldn't be more satisfied with the developers communication with the community. In fact, I would go so far as to say they have the best communication of any development team since the advent of gaming. Even with a fully completed masterpiece they are regularly in direct contact with their biggest fans and if you check their Twitter page you will see a fresh, new update is about to happen! They also restrict honest opinions and topics created by community members to ensure that only the most common and popular opinions are heard. Censorship is very important in this digital age and we cannot have rogue community members dissenting against popular opinion. The rebels must be controlled.

Edited by Survivor1431
  • Haha 2

Prior to 1.0 the communication was fine, but not perfect. There were things in 2018 that got communicated poorly but overall with the bi-weekly SR and continues dialogue on Twitter, it was good.

So now post 1.0 we still have a nice Twitter dialogue and Impulz has been pretty active on the forum as well from time to time. What I don't like now, is the rare and irregular SR. The game is just as much in development as in 2018, so I can't fathom why they almost stopped having them. At least do a monthly SR...

The roadmap is taking too long as well. January is great, February is alright, but March is just too long...

So to conclude, it was good but it got worse overall. I do appreciate the community managers being active on Twitter and this forum though

Edited by amadieus

5 hours ago, amadieus said:

Prior to 1.0 the communication was fine, but not perfect. There were things in 2018 that got communicated poorly but overall with the bi-weekly SR and continues dialogue on Twitter, it was good.

So now post 1.0 we still have a nice Twitter dialogue and Impulz has been pretty active on the forum as well from time to time. What I don't like now, is the rare and irregular SR. The game is just as much in development as in 2018, so I can fathom why they almost stopped having them. At least do a monthly SR...

The roadmap is taking too long as well. January is great, February is alright, but March is just too long...

So to conclude, it was good but it got worse overall. I do appreciate the community managers being active on Twitter and this forum though

Totally agree with this and got nothing to add.

14 hours ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

ya...... it kinda is...

Why shouldn't he be allowed to make such a poll? In fact, it's even a good way for Bohemia to see if it's working out or not.

from the twitter account dated 12th March

"DayZ 🎮 March 27 on Xbox One!‏Verified account @DayZ Mar 12

No surprises @M1ndr! Just a nice trailer to watch! (There might also be a PC update on the same day, but shh! We'll get to that later :) )"

Seriously? This bullshit thread again?  The game is released.  The devs are not obligated to hold your hand through every minor change 

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

6 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

Seriously? This bullshit thread again?  The game is released.  The devs are not obligated to hold your hand through every minor change 

Funny- the project lead said they wanted to improve communication... but you still feel the need to wade in here with your dick in your hand and pontificate about how unimportant it is.

Your input is as irrelevant as ever. Thank you for sharing. 

24 minutes ago, eno said:

Funny- the project lead said they wanted to improve communication... but you still feel the need to wade in here with your dick in your hand and pontificate about how unimportant it is.

Your input is as irrelevant as ever. Thank you for sharing. 

Just like your whining and bitching.  You, Weyland, IMT have been nothing but cancerous to the development team.  You're constant bellyaching over minor thing they do has been childish and unwarranted.   Go outside.  Get some fresh air.  Have a snickers.  Hell, maybe have some cheese whizz.   It adds personality

11 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Just like your whining and bitching.  You, Weyland, IMT have been nothing but cancerous to the development team.  You're constant bellyaching over minor thing they do has been childish and unwarranted.   Go outside.  Get some fresh air.  Have a snickers.  Hell, maybe have some cheese whizz.   It adds personality

So funny. You practically have the guy’s cock in your mouth and yet most so far don’t think that communication has improved. It was important to him, it’s shitty to over 80% of responses so far... You can go ahead and disagree- it’s called a poll for a reason. 

So vote and run along and play your “high intensity much zeds amazeballs” game. 

Edited by eno

If you want to start a poll, feel free.  If you want to start a poll and then proceed to help create an flamethread by throwing around insults at folks, don't.

• Confused 1