XFileGunner88

DeSpawn to Respawn CHEATERS!

So I’m at a barracks, solo but geared. I’m running to another barrack and see 2 guys coming. Not sure if they see me so I decided to lock the door. 

Im peaking out window and see them coming toward barrack I’m in. I crouch. Doors locked! 

So im figuring if they have lock pucks, be ready to fire once I see door open. 

Im waiting... and waiting, and waiting and all of a sudden, I hear behind me movement, I turn around and the 2 players are in the barracks and kill me. 

Let me say, they were more geared than me. 

So if you enjoy playing like that, you’re an idiot. First off, that’s not how the game is meant to be played. Either enter from the only way in and fight, or wait until I decide to come out or leave the barracks. 

How fun or fair is it to get ready for a fun fight only to have 2 guys server jump to get inside my building and come back into my server? 

Can’t anything be done about that? 

Maybe when leaving a server, have them respawn in a “past tense” mode where they were the last 5 mins ago? something!!!! 

I was so pissed and honestly I still am  what type of mentality would enjoy playing Star Trek to teleport into a building to shoot someone unfairly?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

I feel bad for laughing at the situation, because I understand how frustrating that must have been, but the Star Trek comment has me dead tbh xD

I agree it's dumb they can just 'spawn' into existence and kill you. To be fair that was a really smart move, as it was also very risky to do so. Also, are you 100% sure without a single doubt in your mind it was the same people, and not someone else who spawned in from a previous life? How would you know? Did you inspect their gear thoroughly beforehand when you saw them? And did you have enough time to compare the gear of the player who killed you? Did you even see the player who killed you? Most firefights/trades last only a few seconds, since it takes but only one good shot to kill or uncon someone.

But assuming that we're sure it was the same guys, I agree their should be some sort of rule to this, but I'm not sure that there would be any viable way to avoid this without adversely affecting the game. Rollback would be useless, because if the 5 minute rule were in, players would juts wait 5 minutes inside the barrack on the other server before hopping to avoid being placed outside. Also, if players were forced to respawn outside of a proximity of another player (for example he tried to spawn in on you) and they were moved away from that location upon spawning in, this would easily give away that a player is where they logged out and compromise a hidden player's general position. 

The best 'solution' to this 'issue' (I quote lightly because of diverse opinions) would be maybe setting a multitude of individual spawn points around the map so that when a player logs off and logs back in, they are forced to spawn in on one of those set locations within a 300m (Example distance) radius of their logoff. This could be any of say, 20 different spawn points, so it's not easy to spawnkill them. Also maybe if the spawn point is too close to another player the game will reroll and choose another of the remaining 19 spots to spawn you in. If no suitable area is available, maybe warn the player and have a 'cancel' or 'proceed anways' button!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dorn956 said:

I agree it's dumb they can just 'spawn' into existence and kill you. To be fair that was a really smart move, as it was also very risky to do so. Also, are you 100% sure without a single doubt in your mind it was the same people, and not someone else who spawned in from a previous life? How would you know? Did you inspect their gear thoroughly beforehand when you saw them? And did you have enough time to compare the gear of the player who killed you? Did you even see the player who killed you? Most firefights/trades last only a few seconds, since it takes but only one good shot to kill or uncon someone. 

Can do it was the group of four players? Two players were in parallel in the area, on other server, and jumped on the server after the message of the two first players. It could take less time.

Yeah. It was them. I noticed gear on both players. 

Once I heard the noise the 1st guy was in, I started jumping and running since door was locked and the 2nd guy was spawning in. 

I’m not blaming the devs or game. 

Im blaming the players. 

How hard is it to play THE GAME, it is just a game, the right way ?

sure “it was smart of them” we all can do it, but the game, IMO is to be as real as possible. Teleporting into a survival game is wrong. 

Let them go play Battlefront or some SciFi game that those circumstances would occur in. 

I feel I play the right way. 

Just now, left tisy, headed to another base.... already looted. Did I server hope, nope. What did I do? I kept going East.... found some more barracks, kept going.... 

thats how I play. 

☠️💀🔪🔫🔨🧸🚰🔦🚙🏊🏻‍♂️🍺🥔🍐🍎🥒🔥🍄🐓🐑🐂🐖🐏🦌🐐🦉🧢👖🧵👣

• Like 1

Yeah man its rough. Some people exploit games because they only care about their own experience. Not many people care to do things "the hard way". Why breach when they can just Danny Phantom that shit lol

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, XFileGunner88 said:

I’m not blaming the devs or game. 

Why not, though? This is a design choice. They could have made characters server-locked, or created a more advanced spawn system in an attempt to prevent or mitigate ghosting. But there's nothing along these lines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Easiest fix would be for them to just have a spawn radius. That way if you spawn out and in the area you'll spawning in the same area but you won't spawn in where you left. If they could do this it would fix so much

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How about - if people want to server hop, when they change servers, they get put on the beach in the new server (with their gear) instead of the same location. Save all the complexities and hassle.

Also gives the people who like to pvp at the beach something real to shoot at . .. and be shot by.

• Like 1

If you had a 15 second spawn in timer like we have a 15 second spawn out timer- where your character is just sitting or standing there defenseless this would deter that type of action.

I also don't mind a backpedal of a random time between 30 seconds and a few minutes... things change so fast during times where hopping is even viable to use in PVP that nobody is gaining anything by waiting around in another server for the 90 seconds we already end up needing to wait for EVERY change as well as time on top of that. (Edit: I'm a PC guy so I don't know if you guys have the same delays we do for spawning out and changing servers.)

I also like the spawn radius... which would help reduce the effectiveness of people ghosting into bases on the public official side. 

The combination of these 3 simple features would minimize abuse of the combat logging / base ghosting / server hopping meta and while not completely eliminating any of them would surely create an unattractive inconvenience when compared to just playing things out as intended- ie: Fight the fight / break in / run around. 

Edited by eno
  • Like 1

Daar is baie nuanses in die spel wat spelers nie die geleentheid gee om die spel situasie te assesseer nie:
- wie die speler in noue visuele kontak sien
- die speler het die bediener verlaat of teruggekeer
- wat jou vermoor het
Een kant van hierdie faktor kan die spel op 'n goeie vlak van die spel atmosfeer wees.
Die tweede kant van hierdie faktor stel oneerlike spelers in staat om hul oneerlike handelinge en bewegings te masker.
Miskien moet die wêreldspeler posisioneringstelsel die speler voorsien van 'n inset naby die speler se laaste uitgangspunt, maar ver van die speler se posisioneringpunt op die bediener.

Edited by lex__1

On 3/24/2019 at 8:22 AM, XFileGunner88 said:

So I’m at a barracks, solo but geared. I’m running to another barrack and see 2 guys coming. Not sure if they see me so I decided to lock the door. 

Im peaking out window and see them coming toward barrack I’m in. I crouch. Doors locked! 

So im figuring if they have lock pucks, be ready to fire once I see door open. 

Im waiting... and waiting, and waiting and all of a sudden, I hear behind me movement, I turn around and the 2 players are in the barracks and kill me. 

Let me say, they were more geared than me. 

So if you enjoy playing like that, you’re an idiot. First off, that’s not how the game is meant to be played. Either enter from the only way in and fight, or wait until I decide to come out or leave the barracks. 

How fun or fair is it to get ready for a fun fight only to have 2 guys server jump to get inside my building and come back into my server? 

Can’t anything be done about that? 

Maybe when leaving a server, have them respawn in a “past tense” mode where they were the last 5 mins ago? something!!!! 

I was so pissed and honestly I still am  what type of mentality would enjoy playing Star Trek to teleport into a building to shoot someone unfairly?

I think majority of people have had this happen to them at some stage. Unfortunately the server hopping issue is not going to be fixed by the devs so sorry to say get use to it.

5 hours ago, Jackel said:

I think majority of people have had this happen to them at some stage. Unfortunately the server hopping issue is not going to be fixed by the devs so sorry to say get use to it.

If each server will save its character for the player and his progress, then jumping will not be able to give an advantage to cheat.

Character locked servers will fix server hopping. Along with a million other things as well.

On 3/24/2019 at 7:53 AM, aux7 said:

How about - if people want to server hop, when they change servers, they get put on the beach in the new server (with their gear) instead of the same location. Save all the complexities and hassle.

Also gives the people who like to pvp at the beach something real to shoot at . .. and be shot by.

Ha! Best damn idea i heard in a long time. 

Unfortunally that would not cater well for the bambis, having fully geared hoppers pissed because they ended up on the beach...blood bath. 

Edited by bent.toe

yeah but imagine you are the bambi, and as you run down the beach or whatever there appears a fully geared player. you beat him up while he is in the 15 sec countdown and bam you got yourself fully kitted . ..

for the bambi, its almost irrelevant dying on the beach, you just respawn somewhere else

15 hours ago, lex__1 said:

If each server will save its character for the player and his progress, then jumping will not be able to give an advantage to cheat.

Yes true but I’m pretty sure the devs are not planning on locking characters to servers

9 minutes ago, Jackel said:

Yes true but I’m pretty sure the devs are not planning on locking characters to servers 

Perhaps it depends on the server settings, the transition is allowed or not.
I play on the PC, in my list there are several servers where I play. I have different characters on each server with each individual progress.

Edited by lex__1

29 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

Perhaps it depends on the server settings, the transition is allowed or not.
I play on the PC, in my list there are several servers where I play. I have different characters on each server with each individual progress.

On PC I only play the "private hives" and there's either zero hopping or limited hopping and if you could catch it you could often report to server admins. But Xbox it's of course only the public hive. And devs said no plans for private servers on Xbox. Ghosting and hopping problem has been around since DayZ existed, but it's always been ignored, the most that's been done is lengthy respawn timer, which isn't much (and has been greatly reduced).

5 hours ago, -Gews- said:

On PC I only play the "private hives" and there's either zero hopping or limited hopping and if you could catch it you could often report to server admins. But Xbox it's of course only the public hive. And devs said no plans for private servers on Xbox. Ghosting and hopping problem has been around since DayZ existed, but it's always been ignored, the most that's been done is lengthy respawn timer, which isn't much (and has been greatly reduced).

That’s upsetting to hear. 

A message bar stating who just left or entered the server would help deter server hoping . Being able to see who just left and came back in after 60 seconds to 90 seconds . Record the last 3 min of game play. Watch the server message and boom report. Send the video along with what happened and DeVos could ban them.  It's not a fix but with proof someone just left and came back all in 3 min time with you dying is pretty damning proof. 

• Like 1

Character lock the servers, way back when I was a pc player and the Dayz mod for ARMA came out , they had it then.

Only thing is you would have to delete character when changing server because of data build up creating server lag (being no private servers) only Xbox ones ,the data would be enormous if say a 100 or more players data had to be saved on each server. 

I dont see that as a problem as after awhile that server community would grow into something in a more organic way. Real alliance's could be had, with real interaction and possible disagreement's ending or starting making it more immersed over all.

I understand that some players wont like it that you lose all your gear and starting a fresh spawn on new server but it would have to be a good enough reason to change.but it would make sure that if you do change server ...your adventures would be all new and you would meet new player's.

Anyway that's just my thoughts on the one way maybe worth looking at the problem of combat logging ,Base ghosting,scavenger hoppers etc..

Hope we get some fix for the base ghosting at least🤔

• Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 1:08 AM, -Gews- said:

There are plans, but the way isnt an easy task to do.