Sign in to follow this  
chili1496

Questions re moving steam and dayz

Currntly steam and dayz are installed on my secondary mechanical hard drive, windows etc are installed on the primary ssd drive, I've had a spare ssd sitting on my desk for ages and finally today i fitted it and now am thinking dayz and steam would be better on the ssd than the mechanical drive.

My question's are if i remove steam and dayz then reinstall them will i loose my current characters/players and have to start a fresh or will my characters be safe?

thanks

All personal files of a game and settings are in the DayZ folder on the way -
C:\Users\Имя\Documents\DayZ. Their location does not change, and does not depend on that from where there is a start of a game. But, just in case, I always have the copy of this folder in the safe section of a disk, for reserve restoration.

It is not obligatory to transfer Steam to a new disk, it is possible to transfer only files of a game to a new disk.
You can use the Steam tool for transfer of files of a game on other disk or in other folder in two steps.
1. To add the new folder to Steam library:
- Steam> settings> loadings> folders of Steam library> to create the new folder on a new disk.
2. To replace the folder of installation of a game:
Steam > click at the game the right mouse button > properties> local files > to replace the folder of installation > to choose the folder created in the 1st stage. To wait for the end of process of transfer of files of a game in Steam.

Edited by lex__1
  • Like 1