SasGuatch

THUNDER -N- LIGHTNING

Where the heck is the Thunder N Lightning for servers? Can get in offline mode, unable to when start and run a server?

This should be re-enabled.

6 minutes ago, MetalHead2112 said:

@Guy Smiley It's located in the scripts.pbo file in the folder named 3_Game called Weather.c

Ok, cool.  Now I just need to figure this out lol

I remember a couple of storms during 0.63 stress testing, so it should be possible to activate. Could it just be a seasonal thing? Thunder usually doesn't happen this time of year, so maybe it is just off the weather table until later in the spring? Shouldn't affect servers where time is set to summer months though, so I have a feeling it is more than that.

Last time I played Arma3 I nearly fell off my chair when a thunderstorm rolled in...

I've tried adding weather.SetStorm( 1, 0.1, 120);  in the init.c, but still can't get storms(Thunder/Lightning) in server, any ideas?

On 3/22/2019 at 9:03 PM, MetalHead2112 said:

@Guy Smiley It's located in the scripts.pbo file in the folder named 3_Game called Weather.c

On 3/22/2019 at 9:10 PM, Guy Smiley said:

Ok, cool.  Now I just need to figure this out lol

If you modify any file inside Script.pbo and your server uses equalModRequired = 1; can not connect the client to your server.

On 3/22/2019 at 4:55 PM, SasGuatch said:

Where the heck is the Thunder N Lightning for servers? Can get in offline mode, unable to when start and run a server?

This should be re-enabled.

On 3/25/2019 at 6:06 PM, SasGuatch said:

I've tried adding weather.SetStorm( 1, 0.1, 120);  in the init.c, but still can't get storms(Thunder/Lightning) in server, any ideas?

These are the values that the offline mode has in Weather.

//Offical DayZ SA weather code
        Weather weather = g_Game.GetWeather();

weather.GetOvercast().SetLimits( 0.0 , 2.0 );
        weather.GetRain().SetLimits( 0.0 , 2.0 );
        weather.GetFog().SetLimits( 0.0 , 2.0 );

weather.GetOvercast().SetForecastChangeLimits( 0.0, 0.0 );
        weather.GetRain().SetForecastChangeLimits( 0.0, 0.0 );
        weather.GetFog().SetForecastChangeLimits( 0.0, 0.0 );

weather.GetOvercast().SetForecastTimeLimits( 1800 , 1800 );
        weather.GetRain().SetForecastTimeLimits( 600 , 600 );
        weather.GetFog().SetForecastTimeLimits( 600 , 600 );

weather.GetOvercast().Set( 0.0, 0, 0 );
        weather.GetRain().Set( 0.0, 0, 0 );
        weather.GetFog().Set( 0.0, 0, 0 );

weather.SetWindMaximumSpeed( 50 );
        weather.SetWindFunctionParams( 0, 0, 1 );

@NTX_Nitrix

Thanks for trying to help, I know what the values are in offline mode, when added to a server init, results are NOTAH!

Can not produce Storms in server, weather is so screwed up and broken right now, so until they fix it, if they ever do, or even know how, storms probably will not happen.

3 hours ago, SasGuatch said:

Can not produce Storms in server, weather is so screwed up and broken right now, so until they fix it, if they ever do, or even know how, storms probably will not happen.

It is not very frequent to be a storm, it seems that Overcast and Rain should be at maximum.
In your Admin tools put values to 100 in Overcast and Rain then you will have a storm, but it is possible that the other players have to relog

Edited by NTX_Nitrix

@NTX_Nitrix

Where are the 100s to be applied in the values above in the weather setting, for I have no admin tools, don't use. Tring to enable thru init only.

Edited by SasGuatch

The problem in the init is that they have to give the two values to the maximum and that usually happens little, could force the minimum values of overcast and rain from 0.50 to 1.0 preo probably almost all the time it would rain