C4-timah

Unable to Force Mods

Currently I use a server hosted through gtx gaming. I have not been able to force the use of mods of since 1.0. Is anyone aware of this? This is what I've tried so far:

equalmodrequired=1 - I get kicked for bad version the moment I click play. This happens with the mods installed or deleted from client side. I used the Steam Dayz Launcher and DZSA Launcher when the mods are installed and still get kicked with this option active.

equalmodrequired=0 - I can use DZSA Launcher, DayZ Launcher option from steam, or launch normally and can join the server WITH or WITHOUT mods installed.

verifySignatures = 2 appears to have no affect in the process what so ever. I have not tried disabling it yet. It seems to enforce only the game version.

I have tried the above options, with and without the DZSA Launcher Mod Sync Tool on the server. You can join with or without mods either way.

Edited by C4-timah

verifySignatures = 2;       
forceSameBuild = 1;        
equalModRequired = 1;

Make sure you have not touched anything inside the "dta" folder of your server.

49 minutes ago, NTX_Nitrix said:

verifySignatures = 2;       
forceSameBuild = 1;        
equalModRequired = 1;

Make sure you have not touched anything inside the "dta" folder of your server.

Clean install, no modification to any server files.

verifySignatures = 2;       -check
forceSameBuild = 1;       -haven't  tried 
equalModRequired = 1;  -check

I'll have to wait til the server is empty and try all 3. So far verifySignatures = 2; and equalModRequired = 1; result in an immediate kick for bad version. And thats with or without the correct mods.

Edited by C4-timah

1 minute ago, C4-timah said:

Tendré que esperar hasta que el servidor esté vacío y probar los tres. Hasta ahora, verifique las firmas = 2; e equalModRequired = 1; dar como resultado una patada inmediata por mala versión.

Well, I hope you no longer have problems when you can put "forceSameBuild = 1;"

57 minutes ago, NTX_Nitrix said:

Well, I hope you no longer have problems when you can put "forceSameBuild = 1;"

For some reason, "forceSameBuild = 1;" is preventing my server from completing the startup cycle. Will have to research the logs to see why its hanging.

6 minutes ago, C4-timah said:

For some reason, "forceSameBuild = 1;" is preventing my server from completing the startup cycle. Will have to research the logs to see why its hanging.

Must have some mod not updated on your server or some corrupt mod, or a missing key in key folder

11 minutes ago, NTX_Nitrix said:

Must have some mod not updated on your server or some corrupt mod, or a missing key in key folder

Checked that already. I wiped the server purposely for that reason. Unsubscribed from all my mods. Deleted all files client side. Reinstalled the server, re-added all the mods, re-subscribed to all mods in steam, ran the steam update.....*sigh*

I may do another full wipe this weekend and just be methodical in the re-install.

Edited by C4-timah

@C4-timah I'm with GTX Gaming and can verify that all 3 option above work correctly as I use them on my server without any issues.

58 minutes ago, MetalHead2112 said:

@C4-timah I'm with GTX Gaming and can verify that all 3 option above work correctly as I use them on my server without any issues.

verifySignatures = 2;      - no issues with this option
forceSameBuild = 1;       - currently keeps the server from starting, so investigating that 
equalModRequired = 1;   - kicks players for bad version

I currently have verifySignatures = 2 and equalModRequired = 1 enabled. 181.214.133.55:2302 if you want to try and connect with DZSA Launcher. My server shows  up there with the required mods.

@BaseBuildingLogs;@ConfigurableMetabolism;@DayZ-Expansion-Chat;@Easy Signs;@KillFeed;@OP_BaseItems;@RPCFramework;@WeaponReduxPack;@Simple Roof

Its possible one of the above mods is causing the issue also, but I have no idea which.

Edited by C4-timah

1 hour ago, C4-timah said:

@BaseBuildingLogs; @ConfigurableMetabolism; @ DayZ-Expansion-Chat; @Easy Signs; @KillFeed; @OP_BaseItems; @RPCFramework; @WeaponReduxPack; @Simple Roof

Es posible que una de las modificaciones anteriores esté causando el problema también, pero no tengo idea de cuál.

@Easy Signs 

@Easy Signs [by Cl0ud]           <-----------    do not worry about the holes between the words. The client loads the mod with that name

Is another option

1 hour ago, NTX_Nitrix said:

@Easy Signs 

@Easy Signs [by Cl0ud]           <-----------    do not worry about the holes between the words. The client loads the mod with that name

Is another option

GTX gave me a test server to work out the bugs. I should know something in the next couple of hours.

4 hours ago, C4-timah said:

verifySignatures = 2;      - no issues with this option
forceSameBuild = 1;       - currently keeps the server from starting, so investigating that 
equalModRequired = 1;   - kicks players for bad version

I currently have verifySignatures = 2 and equalModRequired = 1 enabled. 181.214.133.55:2302 if you want to try and connect with DZSA Launcher. My server shows  up there with the required mods.

@BaseBuildingLogs;@ConfigurableMetabolism;@DayZ-Expansion-Chat;@Easy Signs;@KillFeed;@OP_BaseItems;@RPCFramework;@WeaponReduxPack;@Simple Roof

Its possible one of the above mods is causing the issue also, but I have no idea which.

I was wrong on the forceSameBuild = 1;   It was already enabled and I had entered it a second time which caused the server to freakout. forceSameBuild = 1; works

So after disabling @BaseBuildingLogs.

equalModRequired = 1;  which will stop people from joining without mods....WORKS with @BaseBuildingLogs disabled.

equalModRequired = 1; works like it should with all my other mods enabled (together and individually).

@BaseBuildingLogs prevented the server from booting all the way when it was the only mod enabled. I'll have to inquire to the reason.

Issue considered resolved.

Edited by C4-timah
  • Like 1

@C4-timah Check inside the @BaseBuildingLogs folder to see if it has a file called "meta.cpp". If not, it's probably this causing the issue.

7 hours ago, MetalHead2112 said:

@C4-timah Check inside the @BaseBuildingLogs folder to see if it has a file called "meta.cpp". If not, it's probably this causing the issue.

I was so hoping you were right...unfortunately, it's there. Large as life.

@C4-timah It could just be something really simple. For example, it could be the order in which the mods are called.