FakeBritvin

XBOX or XBOX1X for better performance DAYZ.

Hi guys.
I ask the advice of knowledgeable people who have already changed their console to a new generation (XBOX 1 X)
On my usual console (XBOX 1) I have problems with:
1. When I acktivate sniper scope, my textures need 3-5 seconds to load.
2. From time to time the gameplay freezes (when the weather and time of day change)
3. Throws out of the game in the main menu XBOX.
Have these shortcomings been corrected after changing the console, and do you recommend changing the console to improve performance?
Or did you update your console and get angry, because it did not solve these problems?

I will be grateful to everyone for the answers

I had a One X to start with when I started playing DayZ, so I couldn't tell you.  What I CAN tell you is that the issues you stated I have experienced with the One X, so I would say as far as that goes, there is no difference.  The One X does have faster processing speed AND 4K, so the One X is better in that respect.  The scope issues, game freezes, getting dashboarded, and the like is an issue with the servers. 

• Like 2

Save your money and don't get the "x" ... theres gonna be another console coming soon that will probably be like 799.99 plus tax..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, FakeBritvin said:

Hi guys.
I ask the advice of knowledgeable people who have already changed their console to a new generation (XBOX 1 X)
2. From time to time the gameplay freezes (when the weather and time of day change)
Have these shortcomings been corrected after changing the console, and do you recommend changing the console to improve performance?
Or did you update your console and get angry, because it did not solve these problems?

Same issues with the X. 

The problem is optimizing and the lack of it. 

What bothers me the most is that the game ran silk smooth back in september last year. The developers keep adding shit (IMO) to the game like growing facial hair and the ability to shave, truck parts all over the place but no truck, iv kits with blood transfusion etc... Those things are clogging up the processor and memory. 

Who needs that now? Add things like that when you got a stable and smooth running game. 

Edited by bent.toe
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, FakeBritvin said:

Hi guys.

The One X is overall a much better experience when compared to the original one between games enhanced for the X.

Digital Foundry does some great analysis if you’re interested.

As far as DayZ, like bent mentioned, those issues persist between the platforms. The developers have stated that the game ran better when it first launched on Xbox, then got worse over time. They mention they’re not happy about it, and are working to better optimize the experience.

Edited by Nayte
Typo
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, FakeBritvin said:

Hi guys.

I have noticed a big difference in the one x from connecting to a full hard crashed server ( being able to get back in faster then reg Xbox ). Texture renders in a lil bit faster then reg xbox. The biggest is a better graphics overlay. My brother has a reg xbox and we tested out a bunch of the stuff side by side. The sniper scope problem is most likely because you are in 3rd person then aiming. Try it in 1st person should be alot better. I play only in 1st unless im trying to 3rd person peek an sometimes i would aim down my acog to see nothing but gray for 3 secs while in 3rd compared to 1st person aiming with my acog will work just fine besides the grass an building textures not rendering for a sec, same with when im done aiming everything around me not rendered. Weather yea when the wind starts and stops huge lag. When a bunch of people or infected are around you there is huge lag, that one good way to know people are by you. The crashing to main menu is kinda a presistence server wipe like while play and you see a red message counting down in middle of the screen, that means some stuff like bases will be getting wiped. The hardcore dashboard crash is just a buggy game. Like bent toe and nayte said most the problems you asked about is just because of a buggy game but hey its ready for release right? JK JK im sure the contract the devs have with BI an Microsoft is about up so they have to push the release out asap. Im not worried tho hopefully it gets better in the years to come.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 12:38 PM, FakeBritvin said:

Hi guys.

I upgraded from xbox 1 to xbox x and its like playing a different game, the problems you've mentioned are all still there definitely, but reduced by 90% at least. I rarely have issues with the scopes and in general the fps feels higher at all times. only in big cities do I get big frame drops and doesn't happen all the time

I would recommend the upgrade, just don't expect the issues to dissappear completely. 

one thing to note, I played on a 1080p TV with the xbox x at first and this was definitely a smoother experience, fps drops have got worse since I started playing in 4k,but still night and day difference to the xbox 1.

i also only experienced game crashes while playing in 4k,never happened when xbox x was paired with the 1080p tv

but its so bloody beautiful I stick with the 4k 😁

• Like 1

Xbox1X does have faster load times and the picture is better other then that I dont know of any other advantages.  My buddy has the X I have the Xbox1S. My game crashes a lot more then his. If he crashes hes back in the game in like a minute,  if I crash it takes like 3 mins or more to load.

• Like 1

On 22.03.2019 at 17:24, Stagman70 said:

I had a One X to start with when I started playing DayZ, so I couldn't tell you.  What I CAN tell you is that the issues you stated I have experienced with the One X, so I would say as far as that goes, there is no difference.

On 22.03.2019 at 19:35, bent.toe said:

Same issues with the X. 

The problem is optimizing and the lack of it. 

3 hours ago, TahoeBeast said:

Xbox1X does have faster load times and the picture is better other then that I dont know of any other advantages.  My buddy has the X I have the Xbox1S. My game crashes a lot more then his. If he crashes hes back in the game in like a minute,  if I crash it takes like 3 mins or more to load.

I thought that I would rent xbx1x for one day after the official release and see how the game will work. maybe something is optimized and my old console (xbx1) will be enough. I noticed when we go to ADA 4x4 and drive into the village, I start to watch the slide show, while my friends see a smooth picture (I don’t mean a big city). I'm definitely thinking of taking xbx1x since I have time to test. In the online electronics store until April 1, the discount is $ 153, which makes the price of the device $ 460. I have 2 days to test and make a decision.

Thanks for the discussion.

On 22.03.2019 at 18:10, AndrzejHook said:

Save your money and don't get the "x" ... theres gonna be another console coming soon that will probably be like 799.99 plus tax..

If I knew the approximate release date of the new generation, I was more relaxed about it.

On 22.03.2019 at 19:50, Nayte said:

The One X is overall a much better experience when compared to the original one between games enhanced for the X.

Digital Foundry does some great analysis if you’re interested.

Thank you for the information, but I did not find an analysis about DAYZ on its Youtube channel. Only PUBG.

On 3/22/2019 at 11:08 PM, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

Try it in 1st person should be alot better. I play only in 1st unless im trying to 3rd person peek an sometimes i would aim down my acog to see nothing but gray for 3 secs while in 3rd compared to 1st person aiming with my acog will work just fine besides the grass an building textures not rendering for a sec, same with when im done aiming everything around me not rendered.

I tried really effectively. but not convenient) i like third person. But i save it in my head and will use)))

The hardcore dashboard crash is just a buggy game.

on Saturday I had 3 such cases a day. it is very annoying when you go to ada4x4, throws out of the game and a car runs into a bench or a log. You have to go after the second car to push the first one.

im sure the contract the devs have with BI an Microsoft is about up so they have to push the release out asap. Im not worried tho hopefully it gets better in the years to come.

I noticed that, since BI entered the xbox, the game has had rapid progress. which can not be said about the last 5 years. it gives hope for a really interesting and unique product.

10 hours ago, Nitroglycerine said:

but its so bloody beautiful I stick with the 4k 😁

You lucky man. I read that xbox 1x works with 4k TV even better. I can not afford a TV for $ 923 - 1846 (prices in our markets). Also, 4k TVs have only high resolution. It does not suit me because I am sitting at a computer desk and using a 32 "TV as a monitor. 

4 hours ago, TahoeBeast said:

My buddy has the X I have the Xbox1S. My game crashes a lot more then his. If he crashes hes back in the game in like a minute,  if I crash it takes like 3 mins or more to load.

really weird. X has better characteristics than S

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FakeBritvin said:

You lucky man. I read that xbox 1x works with 4k TV even better. I can not afford a TV for $ 923 - 1846 (prices in our markets). Also, 4k TVs have only high resolution. It does not suit me because I am sitting at a computer desk and using a 32 "TV as a monitor. 

Well why dont you get a 32inch 4k tv? Im sure you can find a cheap one on Facebook or something. Or use rent a center or Aarons.

I run a curved 50" 4k tv an a xbox x. The X an 4k tv hasn't really helped much with game crashing or frame drops. I still lag like crazy in the 4x4 while going through towns an shit but it doesn't really lag much unless there's a bunch going on around me.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

I still lag like crazy in the 4x4 while going through towns an shit but it doesn't really lag much unless there's a bunch going on around me.

They promised optimization with the release of the game on March 27.Maybe will be better

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

I run a curved 50" 4k tv an a xbox x. The X an 4k tv hasn't really helped much with game crashing or frame drops. I still lag like crazy in the 4x4 while going through towns an shit but it doesn't really lag much unless there's a bunch going on around me.

What makes you think the tv has anything to do with preventing game crashes and frame drops? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bent.toe said:

What makes you think the tv has anything to do with preventing game crashes and frame drops? 

He’s likely referring to the fact that the one X will have more strain running in full 4K, as opposed to running on a 1080p with super sampling instead.

It would be up to the devs to offer a performance mode, where we could choose to run at 1080 with much more stable frames.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nayte said:

He’s likely referring to the fact that the one X will have more strain running in full 4K, as opposed to running on a 1080p with super sampling instead.

It would be up to the devs to offer a performance mode, where we could choose to run at 1080 with much more stable frames.

4K can be un-checked under settings in the X menu. 

The tv rendering has nothing to do with crashes, fps drops etc. 

You can experience lag and ghosting from the image displayed on the tv...

The other problems mentioned... not so much. 

Edited by bent.toe
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, bent.toe said:

4K can be un-checked under settings in the X menu. 

Ooo I didn’t know that thanks!

As for the original question, I’m currently running an X and S next to each other (sorry don’t have the original Xbox One anymore) and the biggest dofference is initial load time once you’re chosen a server. The minor differences are that my Xbox One X renders textures faster, it looks better (I.e. more details in the textures themselves), and there a small improvement in FPS issues. When I’m playing with friends they usually report appropriately the same amount of lag and FPS drop. 

My current plan is to install an SSD. 

21 hours ago, FakeBritvin said:

I thought that I would rent xbx1x for one day after the official release and see how the game will work. maybe something is optimized and my old console (xbx1) will be enough. I noticed when we go to ADA 4x4 and drive into the village, I start to watch the slide show, while my friends see a smooth picture (I don’t mean a big city). I'm definitely thinking of taking xbx1x since I have time to test. In the online electronics store until April 1, the discount is $ 153, which makes the price of the device $ 460. I have 2 days to test and make a decision.

Thanks for the discussion.

It has definitely gotten more laggy the past 2 weeks. I never use to lag in smaller places but I am atm

On 3/22/2019 at 6:10 PM, AndrzejHook said:

The upcoming release of a powerful new console will be at the end of 2020. it is very long for my nerves)

• Like 1