bent.toe

Rain is back

Played yesterday (don’t remember the server) when it suddenly started to drizzle. It put a smile on my face. 

• Like 4

Didn't think I'd ever say it, but I miss the rain. Just as long as the rainy season doesn't last six weeks again! 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

The great fall monsoon rainstorm of 2018. What a season that was.

LOL! Yeah talk about exaggerating. I was almost ready to build an ark. 

• Haha 1

You guys are on X box, I am on Pc. So I have the version you will get on the 27th.

From experience if it rains, it will continue to rain on and off. Sometimes bad sometimes ok.

I logged on this week, 8am time to a server. starts to rain. This rainstorm ( I will post a picture tonight), was a whiteout. I could not see anything. I have a watch tower, and I have built up completely the first floor, no windows. The roof is completely built, I had hoped I could use it as a shelter. I get completely soaked and am as cold as if I was swimming to prison island. I run to my nearest "building", a hunters viewpoint, which is more open than the watchtower and I start warming up and drying out . . .. but I cannot see an inch in front of my face . ..

usually this rain goes on or off for the next 10 to 20 mins . .

So when I log on to play, if its overcast and windy, I know rain is potentially coming  .  If it rains and I try to do something, I am going to get cold and start shivering . . . . . . if its sunny I know the weather will be good  .. . I havent tried the log off, log on trick to see if it clears it yet . ..  next time

If I log on and its overcast  ..  I have no other way of staying dry, other than running to a house. I have no way of staying warm other than starting a fire or sheltering in a house and running round in circles. We need to have waterproofs that we can find to go over our clothes and rucksack, in my opinion.  .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aux7 said:

. We need to have waterproofs that we can find to go over our clothes and rucksack, in my opinion.  .

Yeah, like rain ponchos. And we need to be able to have layers of clothes...kinda silly that it's one top/bottom and thats it. 

Edited by bent.toe
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Skimshady said:

wow i hope it aint like that for long 

it had been building up to that, but I logged off at that point. From my experience if it starts raining, its going to on off rain . . . I just log off now

2 hours ago, aux7 said:

DqT7ltP.png

Damn, that’s disappointing to see there’s still issues with the rain..

Does this fog last for a long time?

not sure you could call the rain and mist an issue.

The issue is this has happened to me in a house when it rained. Door was shut, and the room just filled with mist.

The other issue is the lack of shelter in a constructred shelter  . . .

Sometimes the rain and mist goes for a while, sometimes its quick, I ve never timed it. But if it starts raining, it keeps on and off raining for a while . ..

Edited by aux7

3 hours ago, aux7 said:

not sure you could call the rain and mist an issue.

The issue is this has happened to me in a house when it rained. Door was shut, and the room just filled with mist.

The other issue is the lack of shelter in a constructred shelter  . . .

Sometimes the rain and mist goes for a while, sometimes its quick, I ve never timed it. But if it starts raining, it keeps on and off raining for a while . ..

I mean, that does sound like an issue to me, particularly if it’s creating that whiteout fog/mist every single time it rains.

9 hours ago, aux7 said:

I have no other way of staying dry, other than running to a house. I have no way of staying warm other than starting a fire or sheltering in a house and running round in circles

PC - If you and your clothes are soaked -  make a classic fire and drop all your clothes & backpack on the ground, crouch by the fire naked until you are DRY .. as soon as you are dry all your clothes are dry too. OK?  Same for desperate emergency (no time to make fire)  - find first floor room of house out of the way of zombies & wanderers,  drop all your clothes, face into a corner angle of the room and run full speed non-stop against the corner until you are dry - then put all your clothes & gear back on with one click on each, as soon as you are dry they are all dry too.

- don't let any strangers catch you in your underwear

Edited by pilgrim*

8 hours ago, bent.toe said:

Yeah, like rain ponchos. And we need to be able to have layers of clothes...kinda silly that it's one top/bottom and thats it. 

Check back through the comments over the last 5 years - will only take you a minute and it's heaps of FUN if you can read. .. Been a lot of talk about PONCHOS (very-very-very easy to find that word if you want to Join In anywhere ) and PLENTY about layers of clothes for different reasons.
But for a stopgap (or planning ahead) it aint HARD to take a raincoat out of your backpack IF you have RAIN  ( I guess it's a PC thing, mainly ?? ).   After a year or two you pick up the habits and learn how to stay dry.

Also a new raincoat stands out at a distance, but a worn yellow raincoat is difficult to see in trees and undergrowth, and blends in well -  it's as good as camo.

5 hours ago, Nayte said:

I mean, that does sound like an issue to me, particularly if it’s creating that whiteout fog/mist every single time it rains.

not every time it rains. Only on really heavy rainfall days

5 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

PC - If you and your clothes are soaked -  make a classic fire

I am in the woods, a long way from any houses, can you start a fire in the rain when you have no shelter?

drop all your clothes & backpack on the ground, crouch by the fire naked until you are DRY .. as soon as you are dry all your clothes are dry too. OK?  Same for desperate emergency (no time to make fire)  - find first floor room of house out of the way of zombies & wanderers,  drop all your clothes, face into a corner angle of the room and run full speed non-stop against the corner until you are dry - then put all your clothes & gear back on with one click on each, as soon as you are dry they are all dry too.

- don't let any strangers catch you in your underwear

I try not to drop everything, too many server crashes, and or being randomly booted off servers when I was in the middle of changing or inventory manipulation, has scarred me . . . .

Check back through the comments over the last 5 years - will only take you a minute and it's heaps of FUN if you can read. .. Been a lot of talk about PONCHOS (very-very-very easy to find that word if you want to Join In anywhere ) and PLENTY about layers of clothes for different reasons.
But for a stopgap (or planning ahead) it aint HARD to take a raincoat out of your backpack IF you have RAIN  ( I guess it's a PC thing, mainly ?? ).   After a year or two you pick up the habits and learn how to stay dry.

Also a new raincoat stands out at a distance, but a worn yellow raincoat is difficult to see in trees and undergrowth, and blends in well -  it's as good as camo.

no rain on xbox?

Edited by aux7

10 hours ago, aux7 said:

I am in the woods, a long way from any houses, can you start a fire in the rain when you have no shelter?
no rain on xbox?

You can start a fire easily by cutting down bushes (only) not trees, and breaking the long stick you get into short sticks. Get plenty of them, pile them under a LARGE deciduous tree nearby .. then with knife cut TWO barks from a tree. One bark plus one stick = Fire Stick, to start fire. Combine short sticks and one bark together to craft fireplace. then start the fire with your firestick. Sit close enough to get warm and begin to dry, too close you will burn and "may" damage clothes (dont know about damage? is that still in?)
To start a fire like this in the rain you MUST make the "fireplace" under the shelter of a tree, close against the bole of a standing tree, otherwise you cannot light it because of the rain. If you are too close to the tree or too far out from the shelter of the tree, move the fireplace.

All this info may be old - it was in the game, it will be in the game, don't know if <under the shelter of a tree> is in game NOW.  (??)

But starting the fire as I say definitely works, now.
Firestick, bark, short sticks. If you keep a long stick you can also spike 1 meat or 2 vegetable on it (pepper?) and roast it . (- In fact it dont make no difference right now, you won't get sick from eating raw meat, you don't get extra energy from eating cooked food ... but its fun &  practice (I guess). It is a hassle starting a  simple fire the first time, but when you've done it once, then next time it's easy.  So if you haven't tried yet, it's worth learning.  
If you want a bigger fire cut a tree down (instead of bushes) and put logs on.. but they don't in FACT burn much longer than sticks. 

Point about taking your gear off and dropping it =  is not the safest - but is definitely the quickest

And well .. it rains a lot on PC
- I mainly play PC for reasons I'm not going into on an Xbox forum. I have both DayZ versions.
.. and I've read the title of this Xbox thread correctly ...  ??  .. rain on xbox ??

ask @aux7 - he says you'll be soaked from the 27th  ..  next week is the start of the 'temperate climate' (lol)  British players will adapt Fine.

On 3/21/2019 at 3:55 PM, aux7 said:

You guys are on X box, I am on Pc. So I have the version you will get on the 27th.

(note: an emergency heat pack can save your life too, just about but won't dry you out - and hell, a matchbox makes life easy, right? ) have fun happy campers

On 3/21/2019 at 3:55 PM, aux7 said:

From experience if it rains, it will continue to rain on and off. Sometimes bad sometimes ok.

I logged on this week, 8am time to a server. starts to rain. This rainstorm ( I will post a picture tonight), was a whiteout. I could not see anything. I have a watch tower, and I have built up completely the first floor, no windows. The roof is completely built, I had hoped I could use it as a shelter. I get completely soaked and am as cold as if I was swimming to prison island. I run to my nearest "building", a hunters viewpoint, which is more open than the watchtower and I start warming up and drying out . . .. but I cannot see an inch in front of my face . ..

usually this rain goes on or off for the next 10 to 20 mins . .

So when I log on to play, if its overcast and windy, I know rain is potentially coming  .  If it rains and I try to do something, I am going to get cold and start shivering . . . . . . if its sunny I know the weather will be good  .. . I havent tried the log off, log on trick to see if it clears it yet . ..  next time

If I log on and its overcast  ..  I have no other way of staying dry, other than running to a house. I have no way of staying warm other than starting a fire or sheltering in a house and running round in circles. We need to have waterproofs that we can find to go over our clothes and rucksack, in my opinion.  .

Raincoats (or other kind of clothing with no absorbency, there is some mil-gear that does it to) and heat-packs.

My standard clothing (what I look for when looting)  is the patrol jacket (as seen in the picture) and trousers with 5% absorbency - you still get soaked when it rains.

The field back pack (also as seen) is also meant to be good with 10% absorbency, but it still gets soaked