Nayte

Dev Xbox Livestream Feedback

Here’s a video I came across which shows a few developers playing DayZ on Xbox, and answering questions brought up by the community.

It’s nice to see some time being taken by these team members to help bring folks up to speed. 

This stream is about a month old, however they still touch on topics that are currently being discussed in the forums.

Here’s the link:

My thoughts:

Aside from it being painfully obvious they don’t play on Xbox, which was hilarious when they brought it up from chat, I’m glad to see some big features and bugs being addressed.

As feedback, it would’ve been more advantageous to have the guy who didn’t contribute to the discussion much play, while the others asked, and answered questions. It ended up causing the stream to have a long winded feeling.

I only wish they were able to flesh out a bit more on what’s going to be done about the duping, which negatively impacts the economy.

All in all, it was great to see, and I hope you guys do it again in the future.

What are your thoughts? Let’s try and keep this thread as constructive as possible.

Yeah, weekly/monthly dev streams are what i like. 

Hope to see more

• Beans 1

12 hours ago, Nayte said:

I only wish they were able to flesh out a bit more on what’s going to be done about the duping, which negatively impacts the economy.

They kinda do talk bout it and they said it should be fixed by next update. When was video posted?

8 hours ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

They kinda do talk bout it and they said it should be fixed by next update. When was video posted?

When they were talking about the economy issue where military rifles are much tougher to find, they only mention they are looking into it. 

As mentioned in my OP, the video was uploaded last month.

I’ve got my fingers crossed that the issue will in fact be fixed ASAP, along with meatballing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nayte said:

When they were talking about the economy issue where military rifles are much tougher to find, they only mention they are looking into it. 

I dont have any problems finding rifles. I just go to staroy military base an loot cycle ive found m4s an ak like everytime. Me an my team got completely decked out there numerous of times.

Might get in trouble for this one but..... Is it just me or what but, I think baty pretty cute. 😄 i might get flagged but its a risk im willing to take haha.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

I dont have any problems finding rifles. I just go to staroy military base an loot cycle ive found m4s an ak like everytime. Me an my team got completely decked out there numerous of times.

You may not want to openly admit to loot cycling, it is deemed as exploitative & cheating. theres not much point playing a hardcore survival simulation then magically loot cycling weapons . the legitimate player base & the dev team view that behaviour as cheating.

• Confused 1
  • Beans 2

18 minutes ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

Yeah, I know some people who never have issues finding them, I don’t get it. Since the last update I’ve literally spent entire work shifts looking before finally finding one..

Edit: Ohhh.. You loot cycle.. That explains that one..

13 minutes ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

Might get in trouble for this one but..... Is it just me or what but, I think baty pretty cute. 😄 i might get flagged but its a risk im willing to take haha.

Heh, yeah she’s easy on the eyes.

Edited by Nayte
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

You may not want to openly admit to loot cycling, it is deemed as exploitative & cheating. theres not much point playing a hardcore survival simulation then magically loot cycling weapons . the legitimate player base & the dev team view that behaviour as cheating.

Well it works haha not to worried bout it though. I honestly dont see how thats bad tho cuz if it is cheating then looting up is cheating. Sorry im gathering up loot an coming back in ten minutes didnt know that was cheating XD im just gathering loot i have a big team i gotta stock up for. No im not trying to cover up what i said but what i do is loot cycling but im keeping all of it. Sorry not sorry.

Or they can just make it to were no loot respawns till a server reset if you like that better. Thats a way to stop that problem. Then you will be even more mad that you cant find anything BAM that a real hardcore survival sim game. Cuz do you think something in real life is just going to magically respawn in a couple of hrs? 

15 minutes ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

Or they can just make it to were no loot respawns till a server reset if you like that better. Thats a way to stop that problem. Then you will be even more mad that you cant find anything BAM that a real hardcore survival sim game. Cuz do you think something in real life is just going to magically respawn in a couple of hrs? 

You’re right that it’s not technically considered cheating, however it is an exploit that is frowned upon by some. Similar to server hopping.

Personally, I would chalk it up on the same level as server hopping. However, those are in no way...no way close to the weakness that is duplicating. I think we can all agree with that.

• Like 1

Yea i feelz that for the duping bro but how is it a exploit/cheat if im leaving to go drop off items at my base and then coming back to get all the loot that respawned im confused bout that.

2 minutes ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

Yea i feelz that for the duping bro but how is it a exploit/cheat if im leaving to go drop off items at my base and then coming back to get all the loot that respawned im confused bout that.

If that’s the extent of your loot cycling, then I would say it’s fine.

Full blown loot cycling would consist of grabbing everything in a barrack, going out a ways to drop it on the ground, then coming back over and over to repeat that cycle. It is essentially exploiting the spawning mechanic to find the particular item/weapon you’re after.

If you’re legitimately using the items you’re grabbing, and bringing them to your base, then checking back some time later, I’d say you’re ok.

29 minutes ago, Nayte said:

If that’s the extent of your loot cycling, then I would say it’s fine.

Full blown loot cycling would consist of grabbing everything in a barrack, going out a ways to drop it on the ground, then coming back over and over to repeat that cycle. It is essentially exploiting the spawning mechanic to find the particular item/weapon you’re after.

If you’re legitimately using the items you’re grabbing, and bringing them to your base, then checking back some time later, I’d say you’re ok.

Haha well that the thing im not far from a base like a 15 min hike so we go loot it up drop off an come back it takes over 20 mins or so. I know what an how to loot cycle and i know what im doing is in a way  yes loot cycling but a longer version of it an no we dont use all the items we take back but just what ever my guys want to wear or use. If they dont use what ever or wear we just toss or give to a freshie. But yea you can think its bad or cheating but i think what i do is legit as fuck. The hike back an forth IMO is a task its self.

The way of search loot by the player - depends on logic of a system of emergence of loot.
Now emergence of loot has the broken logic, or spam. Often reproduces identical loot, across all territory of emergence of loot.
As the system is broken by spam, the player does not have sense to spend a lot of time for search of desirable loot and to move from one point of emergence of loot to another. The player has a sense - reproduction of loot on one point of emergence of loot.
Still the problem with logic of emergence of loot seems to eat. I play the third evening on the server where the system gets stuck on any category loot. Even after restart of the server, there is a high probability to find identical loot on all points, in any point of a travel.
The logic of emergence of loot has to reproduce evenly all range of loot, on all points of the territory of the card.
All loot can be divided into several categories:
- loot military appointment
- loot of civil appointment
- loot of sports appointment
- loot of economic appointment
- loot of general purpose
Emergence of loot has to correspond to category of territories more likely.
Example - the player should not find on loot military base of civil appointment.
Can be an exception points which belong to transit of freights, marine and railway transport, points of protection and hunting. Loot of general purpose can appear in any territory.
Why the player travels much, passes from one settlement to another, and finds loot in everyone (I exaggerate):
50 - small lamp
100 - ropes
100 - shirts

.....or similar ?