Sign in to follow this  
Cyral

Getting annoyed by ADA Wheel Spawn Rate

Seriously, I've come across 4 ADAs spawned on my server, 0 wheels on any of them.

Spent the last 2 weeks, about 70 hours searching garages, sheds, industrials and trains etc. and only come across 1 wheel so far.

Do the developers put any thought into the spawn rates in this game at all? Im sure 2 seconds later after its running, the car gets flipped, or stuck or ruined driving over a pebble anyway most likely. At least give people the items they need for cars At least give damaged wheels so i can repair them.

Step 1: Open iZurvive

Step 2: Locate car spawns on iZurvive

Step 3: Go to car spawns located on iZurvive 

Step 4: Remove wheels from cars

Step 5: Profit

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

3 hours ago, Cyral said:

Seriously, I've come across 4 ADAs spawned on my server, 0 wheels on any of them.

Spent the last 2 weeks, about 70 hours searching garages, sheds, industrials and trains etc. and only come across 1 wheel so far.

Do the developers put any thought into the spawn rates in this game at all? Im sure 2 seconds later after its running, the car gets flipped, or stuck or ruined driving over a pebble anyway most likely. At least give people the items they need for cars At least give damaged wheels so i can repair them.

It is frustrating... the loot does seem to spawn items in a cycle so now it seems maybe radiators are "the thing" spawning with regularity. Next week it'll be doors or hoods... or whatever. One thing I can guaranty is that when you've finally grown tired of looking for wheels and move onto your next project you'll find one in almost every shed.

I think it would be fair to make cars more accessible considering they're nowhere near being even close to properly implemented... but hey- what do we know?  

Edited by eno

5 hours ago, Cyral said:

Seriously, change it yourself. It's your responsibility to make your server (you did say spawned on my server which deductively means you have your own server) the way you want it to be, NOT Bohemia Interactive. If you're going to complain, it has to be a valid complaint. Even if you don't have your own server, find a modded server or a server with a modded CLE.

Step 1

Find your types.xml file here: DayZServer\mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\db

Step 2

Change the below entries to your liking:

<type name="HatchbackWheel">
        <nominal>30</nominal>
        <lifetime>2700</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <min>20</min>
        <quantmin>-1</quantmin>
        <quantmax>-1</quantmax>
        <cost>100</cost>
        <flags count_in_cargo="0" count_in_hoarder="0" count_in_map="1" count_in_player="0" crafted="0" deloot="0"/>
        <category name="tools"/>
        <tag name="floor"/>
        <usage name="Industrial"/>
    </type>

Increase the...

<nominal>30</nominal> (max)

<min>20</min> (min)

Maybe try 80/60? I have 40/25 on my servers. They're not all over the place, but they're decently findable.

You can also add more area's besides Industrial. Look in your types.xml for other gear that spawns at Industrial with other places so you get your formatting right.

Pro-Tip: Always copy/paste so you don't fudge your shit up.

The values in the types.xml are placeholder which means they're subject to change. The cars don't flip and pebbles won't ruin your day so don't worry about that. 😃 

Hope this helps!

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

"My server" is often vague.  If you're playing on public servers, community or official, you'll begin to notice that people server hop at car spawn locations and rob cars of their wheels.  This usually finding 'new' ADAs with zero wheels.  But, if you're truly on your own private server then search more and consider Weyland's post.

I always seemed to have the best luck searching train cars. good luck.

• Like 2

When I last started building a car, the garages and sheds in the area started to spawn car parts . . . . dont know if it was real or I imagined it but . . .

and yes i  carried a wheel across half the map. Cannot say that i am in a hurry to do it again. Just going helicopter hunting now . . .

Edited by aux7

15 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Seriously, change it yourself. It's your responsibility to make your server (you did say spawned on my server which deductively means you have your own server) the way you want it to be, NOT Bohemia Interactive. If you're going to complain, it has to be a valid complaint. Even if you don't have your own server, find a modded server or a server with a modded CLE.

Step 1

Find your types.xml file here: DayZServer\mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\db

Step 2

Change the below entries to your liking:

<type name="HatchbackWheel">
        <nominal>30</nominal>
        <lifetime>2700</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <min>20</min>
        <quantmin>-1</quantmin>
        <quantmax>-1</quantmax>
        <cost>100</cost>
        <flags count_in_cargo="0" count_in_hoarder="0" count_in_map="1" count_in_player="0" crafted="0" deloot="0"/>
        <category name="tools"/>
        <tag name="floor"/>
        <usage name="Industrial"/>
    </type>

Increase the...

<nominal>30</nominal> (max)

<min>20</min> (min)

Maybe try 80/60? I have 40/25 on my servers. They're not all over the place, but they're decently findable.

You can also add more area's besides Industrial. Look in your types.xml for other gear that spawns at Industrial with other places so you get your formatting right.

Pro-Tip: Always copy/paste so you don't fudge your shit up.

The values in the types.xml are placeholder which means they're subject to change. The cars don't flip and pebbles won't ruin your day so don't worry about that. 😃 

Hope this helps!

Hey Weyland, sorry i was a bit ambiguous in how I worded that. When I say my server i mean the Official DayZ hive server that I play on. (here in Australia we only have 2 official servers, (that arent linked, as one is 1pp and the other is 3pp)
Not only do we only have 1 server but theres only a max of about 5-10 players on in peak hour so its a lonely existence playing this game in my country haha.

I havent seen a soul in weeks. That being said, youve given me an idea... Perhaps i might aswell host my own server to play.. and use your useful information to alter what youve suggested..
Thanks! I think i might as well do this :) cheers

30 minutes ago, Cyral said:

Not only do we only have 1 server but theres only a max of about 5-10 players on in peak hour so its a lonely existence playing this game in my country haha.

Try playing higher ping (further away) - a ping of 170 is only 170 milliseconds.. that's less than 0.2 of a second - it's totally doable..  If you have a ping of 0.3 of a second (ping 300) and the other guy has a ping of 0.03 (ping 30)   - then he might get the drop on you if you both react at exactly the same time, his shot will be about a quarter of a second before yours.
You have no problems with infected at a ping of 170-200, no extra glitching or rubberbanding or anything different from low ping events.
Unless you want to play at Fastest Draw Showdowns.. there is really not very MUCH difference between "low" ping or "high" ping, UNTIL your ping gets so high the server throws you off.
At quiet times, depending on timezone here and in other parts of the world, and international banking/business hours (all these affect your end-to-end connection speed) I play more or less anywhere in the world, as I feel. - Is interesting visiting different cultures, including dealing with different languages, or just looking for the closest high-pop server and seeing what the ping is to get there, and see if I can log in and say  .. "hello I'm from far away I eat people"  
or whatever

Edited by pilgrim*
~

On 3/20/2019 at 2:46 PM, Cyral said:

I traveled around settlements yesterday, looked for burlap in sheds to make a camouflage on a rifle. In all sheds I found only a rope, sometimes two in one shed )))

They aren't as uncommon as you think.  I'm finding them no problem on my server but now I can't find a spark plug anywhere

8 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

They aren't as uncommon as you think.  I'm finding them no problem on my server but now I can't find a spark plug anywhere

I stopped looking for one (spark plug), and directly found one, not somewhere I would have thought of as a spark plug place . . . . burlap sacks are still rare for me though