Sign in to follow this  
Survivor1431

Infected Should Be Able To Break Down Doors

Hello survivors!

I am here to provide you with a brand new concept update while the team of developers is hard at work bringing you the ultimate DayZ experience you used your entire yearly allowance to pay for.

The problem is that currently the infected are simply not dangerous. While being chased you need only sprint into a house and close the door, and the house is now an impenetrable safe zone, a residential paradise. Then using your pistol through the windows, you can conveniently pick off an entire horde of zombies with virtually 0 risk to your life. This is roughly equivalent in difficulty to playing Minecraft in creative mode or Skyrim with God mode enabled.

This is where my genius conceptualization enters the picture. Imagine that the infected can, after a short and variable period of time, manage to open the door. Closing the door buys you some precious time to bandage, but it is only a matter of time before they flood into the room and destroy you. So then you decide to lock the door. This buys you even more time before the infected manage to break the lock and open the door. As a last measure you use some wood and nails to barricade the door, buying you a lot more time to recover.

But none-the-less, after rattling on the barricaded door for an extended period of time, the infected finally break down your defense and flood into the room. You've used the few bullets you had left and now there is only a fire axe between you and several infected.

This is my original concept that DayZ developers desperately need to implement to transition the game from a mere house-camping simulator to an authentic survival simulator. It is at least twice as important as helicopters. I'll accept my paycheck for creative contribution once implementation is complete, thank you.

Every day is a new story!

Edited by Survivor1431
  • Like 1

I wish I had a dollar for every time this has been suggested.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 4

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

I wish I had a dollar for every time this has been suggested.

It has been only since I expressed the idea many years ago. From there it caught like wildfire by word of mouth and went viral. To put it lightly, my idea quite literally became a global phenomenon. Fortunately no one else has been able to articulate the concept with such elegance, so viewers immediately detect its true origin.

Edited by Survivor1431

So that everyone here understands your idea better I searched an old video of the devs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Its so stupid how the video shows what the devs made for the game, but its not in the game considering that video is pretty old, and still none of that in the game lmao

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Kokyy said:

Its so stupid how the video shows what the devs made for the game, but its not in the game considering that video is pretty old, and still none of that in the game lmao

Nobody (not even the devs) knew what it meant to build a new engine into an existing scaffold. The simplicity, however, turned out to be a theory, it was certainly never the goal of everything that already existed was "new" adapt, which meant more a complete rebuilding.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 1

4 hours ago, Survivor1431 said:

To put it lightly, my idea quite literally became a global phenomenon.

To put it rightly; you are a late-come false-claimant usurping a common idea and claiming it your own.. By gum!  - I wrote it myself for the tenth time in this forum not a fortnight ago. You read it but being of short wit forgot the author and imagine only in your dreams it was yourself.
Link us to the post where you "expressed" the idea "many years ago"..

You show me yours - I'll show you mine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

Yeah right. No destructable environment... won't happen

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Survivor1431 said:

It has been only since I expressed the idea many years ago. From there it caught like wildfire by word of mouth and went viral. To put it lightly, my idea quite literally became a global phenomenon. Fortunately no one else has been able to articulate the concept with such elegance, so viewers immediately detect its true origin.

We all know of your trolling ways.  This idea was suggested, multiple times, before you existed on these forums.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 3

7 hours ago, Survivor1431 said:

It has been only since I expressed the idea many years ago. 

Your join date sais 27 december 2017 ?  weirdo

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, liquidcactus said:

Your join date sais 27 december 2017 ?  weirdo

For those survivors who possess the popular misconception that I am not the original author of this concept, I would like to clarify your misunderstanding. I proposed the idea before joining these forums, and I have irrefutable proof that I proposed it first.

Here is the proof:

Premise 1) Either I was the first survivor to introduce the door barricading concept or another survivor was the first to introduce the door barricading concept.
Premise 2) Another survivor was not the first to introduce the door barricading concept.
Conclusion) Therefore, I was the first survivor to introduce the door barricading concept.

A breakdown of the logical form, a disjunctive syllogism:

Premise 1) Either P or Q
Premise 2) Not Q
Conclusion) Therefore P

As you can see my argument is both sound and valid, and the conclusion necessarily follows from its premises. I hope this flawless proof clears up any confusion you may have about who the original author of the door barricading concept really is. Thank you.

Ok, then we are all ready here: that mr. P can post the link to orginalen idea here.

(I know it's "eating time" for the trolls, but this is just dirty salt water, not a really good soup.)

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

Ok, then we are all ready here: that mr. P can post the link to orginalen idea here.

(I know it's "eating time" for the trolls, but this is just dirty salt water, not a really good soup.)

Sir I have already provided conclusive proof that I am the original author. Please see my formal argument above, thank you.

33 minutes ago, Survivor1431 said:

Sir I have already provided conclusive proof that I am the original author. Please see my formal argument above, thank you.

going on with this will cause cramps in your hand

• Confused 1
  • Beans 1

4 hours ago, Survivor1431 said:

I love how to pretend to take the high road, talk down to others that have been here far longer and have done more for this community that you ever will. Go stroke your ego elsewhere.

Pilgrim is correct.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

suggested before full development started.

Closing to avoid IQ loss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1