Super Tejano

ETA for private Servers?

So with the up coming full scale launch of Dayz out of Early Access. I'm interested on when we might expect to see any news on private Servers be implemented to xbox , considering how they have already been implemented on the pc branch of the game .

We can't promise Private Servers on Xbox right now but we're looking into ways how this could be made possible! It's really important for us and if there is a way to let you guys run your own servers on Xbox, we'll do it! So no ETA at this point sadly.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ImpulZ said:

We can't promise Private Servers on Xbox right now but we're looking into ways how this could be made possible! It's really important for us and if there is a way to let you guys run your own servers on Xbox, we'll do it! So no ETA at this point sadly.

This kind of settles it. I need to throw my xbox to the lake and buy pc 😕

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, OilRig said:

This kind of settles it. I need to throw my xbox to the lake and buy pc 😕

I've got a pc ready on the shopping cart just wanna wait till 27th. 

• Haha 1

No private servers and no mods - it is certainly going to be another experience then playing it on a PC.

I just got in on the beta-testing of GeForce Now (NVIDIAs game-streaming platform where you just need any basic computer and a good internet-connection to play in HD at 60 or more frames pr second), so i might end up buying it on steam and play it on my old MacBook Air instead of on the Xbox as DayZ without the real communities is basicly 95% KoS and no one speaking back because of the party-chat problem.

1 minute ago, Jonas Levin said:

No private servers and no mods - it is certainly going to be another experience then playing it on a PC.

I just got in on the beta-testing of GeForce Now (NVIDIAs game-streaming platform where you just need any basic computer and a good internet-connection to play in HD at 60 or more frames pr second), so i might end up buying it on steam and play it on my old MacBook Air instead of on the Xbox as DayZ without the real communities is basicly 95% KoS and no one speaking back because of the party-chat problem.

yes the platform is holding it back quite a bit, I can see that now.

9 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

So modded servers are 100% not happening? Two more weeks and i will just build a pc, screw that limited ass crackbox 😢

Edited by Zech McManis

11 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

I would LOVE to see private or even a local server option. Even if it was restricted to a certain amount of players.

On 3/15/2019 at 9:57 PM, Zech McManis said:

So modded servers are 100% not happening? Two more weeks and i will just build a pc, screw that limited ass crackbox 😢

I can't see that coming for now.

They stated that privates servers on Xbox will NOT be a thing for now, and as far as I know you need a private server to be able to mod it.

So all the clans, groups, factions and whatnot in here is going to have to curb their ambitions about what is possible here A LOT.

Ive seen certain people/groups that had already started taking donations and such to be able to start private community-servers up and made pretty big remarks about what the money would be used for - this will hit the Xbox Dayz-community hard and as I see it DayZ without the mods and possibilities is only 50% of the charm.

I know I will be relocating to DayZ on PC via GeForce NOW pretty soon - I just need to get a wired connection first as I am getting an extra ping of about 60 ms via my 4g, 5ghz wifi which is a tiny bit too much for me (but still totally playable).

• Beans 1

Was going to comment but read back into thread so ignore me! 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy

Any word on getting a handful of Character locked servers in each region seeing as though we wont be getting private servers in the near future? i havent seen anyone from BI comment on any thread regarding that option. seems like the fastest obvious way to stop ghosting into bases, ghosting in combat, reduce combat logging , stop server hopping on said servers. And would be a welcome addition for Console DayZ streamers as it'd drastically reduce stream sniping. i would literally sell my left nut for any form of feedback from the DayZ team, even if its just a big NO @ImpulZ pretty pretty please can i get a slight inkling into this ever happening or not happening then i can stop thinking about it lol

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

6 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Any word on getting a handful of Character locked servers in each region seeing as though we wont be getting private servers in the near future? i havent seen anyone from BI comment on any thread regarding that option. seems like the fastest obvious way to stop ghosting into bases, ghosting in combat, reduce combat logging , stop server hopping on said servers. And would be a welcome addition for Console DayZ streamers as it'd drastically reduce stream sniping. i would literally sell my left nut for any form of feedback from the DayZ team, even if its just a big NO @ImpulZ pretty pretty please can i get a slight inkling into this ever happening or not happening then i can stop thinking about it lol

I second this motion, aside from the nut portion.. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Nayte said:

Character locked servers ..//.. i haven't seen anyone from BI comment on any thread regarding that option

this = [visible space with no comment in it] = is probably the exact reply you are looking for - It means very clearly = IMO = ( & I have studied Klingon )  - that this silence states, expressed in corporatebusinesleagalcontractboadroombindingspeak that it's actually totally down to Microsoft (who as you know will NOT SAY upfront)  to decide if/when/& under-what-conditions.

Not-So-SmallSoft ..er.. MiniSoft, MegaSoft ??  do UTTERLY keep 100% rights to access & overwatch on games & servers and users and the HOLY MS Network
.. sorry, I meant "wholly MS network"..

HeghluʼmeH QaQ jajvam   ( today is a GOOD day to die )
QAPLA  !

• Beans 1

34 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

this = [visible space with no comment in it] = is probably the exact reply you are looking for - It means very clearly = IMO = ( & I have studied Klingon )  - that this silence states, expressed in corporatebusinesleagalcontractboadroombindingspeak that it's actually totally down to Microsoft (who as you know will NOT SAY upfront)  to decide if/when/& under-what-conditions.

Not-So-SmallSoft ..er.. MiniSoft, MegaSoft ??  do UTTERLY keep 100% rights to access & overwatch on games & servers and users and the HOLY MS Network
.. sorry, I meant "wholly MS network"..

HeghluʼmeH QaQ jajvam   ( today is a GOOD day to die )
QAPLA  !

Not sure where I stated your quote in this thread..

That being said, it is 100% dependent on whether or not BI can implement such a feature.

Microsoft is, and has been, very open to early access games, and allowing developers to give it a shot on their platform. 

Notice how after Microsoft works with developers on certain early access games such as PUBG, Ark, Conan Exiles, etc., they then make their way to Sony shortly after full release, hmmm..

Seems to me Microsoft is willing to give developers both big and small the opportunity to bring their product to console. If it works great, if they fail then too bad.

Ark allows for official and private servers. The latter being controlled and ran by a player using another Xbox, with full console command options integrated.

It seems rather foolish, particularly given this game’s development history, to use Xbox as the scapegoat for a lack of beneficial features.

Perhaps a BI dev will elaborate...

3 hours ago, Nayte said:

Not sure where I stated your quote in this thread..

... //...

5 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

Any word on getting a handful of Character locked servers

5 hours ago, Nayte said:

I second this motion,

IMO - ( and my opinion still stands ) - IMO there is strikingly no detail, no explanation, no "word" from BI except ImpulZ's comment above.
BI are keen on Xbox private shards, but :

On 3/15/2019 at 10:51 AM, ImpulZ said:

We can't promise Private Servers on Xbox right now but we're looking into ways how this could be made possible! ..//..

- because (whatever they propose) the implementation is not a decision BI can make unilaterally.  

They can LOBBY for it.
As you are doing.

Of course a hardware server [the box] running an Xbox game instance is in NO way different from any other hardware server running any other game instance, so this is NOT a BI technical server-side software problem.
It is an Xbox network problem, and totally subject to Microsoft approval.
ANY decision on how THAT network operates, access to it, how it can be modified, and permission to make use it for any purpose - are 100% under Microsoft's control.

=IMO=

Edited by pilgrim*
~