TheYetiBum

Any word on a Duplication fix?

I love DayZ, i feel the console development has been efficient & i play the hell out of it. But........its largest failing currently in my opinion is exploits that are massively game breaking such as duplication, i'm fully aware that these issues have been addressed by the development team in previous patch notes & development updates but there hasn't been any tangible news on potential fixes for awhile now. 

I do not go to the coast, the coast has become a toxic, unpleasant cesspit of duplication, meat balling & screamed obscenities. My major worry is that on the 27th and the weeks there after a gigantic influx of new players will  spawn in only to be greeted by an army of exploiters, dupers, server hoppers, spawn cyclers, ghosters etc that live there 24/7 at the moment. I literally spend the majority of my waking hours trying to promote this game to new players on Mixer but whilst there are so many cheaters its becoming increasingly hard to say in complete honesty that it'll be a fun experience. It doesn't help that for every 1 legitimate player/streamer there are another 2 explaining directly how to duplicate on stream or duplicating themselves.

So please if anyone has any info at Bohemia for a fix that's being worked on any players wish to give me your opinion please do so.

• Beans 1

Personally, the duplication issue far outweighs the other issues you’ve mentioned. I’d go as far as to say it’s borderline game breaking, depending on your goals for that characters lifespan.

At least the other exploits don’t (or at least didn’t) seem to affect the ability for military rifles to re-spawn. 

To play the devils advocate, the other methods at least still resulted in a natural process of loot spawning in. I’d be willing to bet duplicating is messing with the spawning algorithm in a major way. 

Here’s to hoping there’s a somewhat timely fix in sight.

• Beans 1

14 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

I love DayZ, i feel the console development has been efficient & i play the hell out of it. But........its largest failing currently in my opinion is exploits that are massively game breaking such as duplication, i'm fully aware that these issues have been addressed by the development team in previous patch notes & development updates but there hasn't been any tangible news on potential fixes for awhile now. 

I do not go to the coast, the coast has become a toxic, unpleasant cesspit of duplication, meat balling & screamed obscenities. My major worry is that on the 27th and the weeks there after a gigantic influx of new players will  spawn in only to be greeted by an army of exploiters, dupers, server hoppers, spawn cyclers, ghosters etc that live there 24/7 at the moment. I literally spend the majority of my waking hours trying to promote this game to new players on Mixer but whilst there are so many cheaters its becoming increasingly hard to say in complete honesty that it'll be a fun experience. It doesn't help that for every 1 legitimate player/streamer there are another 2 explaining directly how to duplicate on stream or duplicating themselves.

So please if anyone has any info at Bohemia for a fix that's being worked on any players wish to give me your opinion please do so.

The coast is only fun for one thing - meeting new people because you dont have much loot on you.  Sometimes its fun running around as a fresh spawn, going to get revenge with 10 other fresh spawns... But once you're looted up and want to come back to coast... be careful cause theres lots of invisible dupers that will just kill you on site.

https://ibb.co/hcjgrrt

Lol I wanted to just play dayz normally and I'm walking down the coast and some guy runs up and drops all his gear for me... guaranteed this was a duper.  This problem needs to be fixed... in the mean time I'm pretty happy .

Lol pretty sure I have all the m4 ammo in the server... 560 bullets

Edited by AndrzejHook