kopo79

the real hardcore survival server

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 7:25 PM, kopo79 said:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1680393120
just found that mod...do anyone know if any server runs it?

Now there is one, you could give it a try: 145.239.130.135:2602.

It's 1.5 h day, 0.5 h night, honestly I tried and it was such a reward that I managed to hunt and make the fire right before the night fall (starting bamby).

Edited by LucianX

On 3/20/2019 at 1:47 AM, Guy Smiley said:

Want hardcore?  I challenge someone to post a video of being able to drink from the water fountain in the town of Balota on my server

You can also make it more difficult by implementing wolves in the spawn of chickens, that's why you have wolves in any city and town or place where there are chickens.

3 minutes ago, NTX_Nitrix said:

You can also make it more difficult by implementing wolves in the spawn of chickens, that's why you have wolves in any city and town or place where there are chickens.

I was looking at the pbo for that, worlds_chernarusplus_ai wolf_territories and it shows 0 in the dynamic min and max spawn section.  Actually all animals are that way yet they are spawning on my server as are all the other animals that should be but it's all very random and seldom

7 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

I was looking at the pbo for that, worlds_chernarusplus_ai wolf_territories and it shows 0 in the dynamic min and max spawn section.  Actually all animals are that way yet they are spawning on my server as are all the other animals that should be but it's all very random and seldom

For that you must put the wolves with the chickens

<event name="AmbientHen">
        <waves>0</waves>
        <nominal>2</nominal>
        <min>0</min>
        <max>15</max>
        <lifetime>33</lifetime>
        <restock>15</restock>
        <saferadius>40</saferadius>
        <distanceradius>0</distanceradius>
        <cleanupradius>0</cleanupradius>
        <flags deletable="0" init_random="0" remove_damaged="0" sec_spawner="0"/>
        <position>fixed</position>
        <limit>mixed</limit>
        <active>1</active>
        <children>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="1" min="0" type="Animal_GallusGallusDomesticus"/>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="1" min="0" type="Animal_GallusGallusDomesticusF_Brown"/>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="1" min="0" type="Animal_CanisLupus_Grey"/>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="1" min="0" type="Animal_GallusGallusDomesticusF_Spotted"/>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="1" min="0" type="Animal_GallusGallusDomesticusF_White"/>
        </children>

<event name="AnimalWolf">
        <waves>0</waves>
        <nominal>20</nominal>
        <min>1</min>
        <max>2</max>
        <lifetime>180</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <saferadius>200</saferadius>
        <flags deletable="0" init_random="0" remove_damaged="1" sec_spawner="0"/>
        <limit>child</limit>
        <active>1</active>
        <children>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="1" min="1" type="Animal_CanisLupus_Grey"/>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="1" min="1" type="Animal_CanisLupus_White"/>
        </children>
    </event>

You can play with the Min and Max but be careful you can leave too many wolves, these values do not leave more than 1 or 2 wolves, but can leave more often in those areas.

15 minutes ago, NTX_Nitrix said:

For that you must put the wolves with the chickens

<event name="AmbientHen">
        <waves>0</waves>
        <nominal>2</nominal>
        <min>0</min>
        <max>15</max>
        <lifetime>33</lifetime>
        <restock>15</restock>
        <saferadius>40</saferadius>
        <flags deletable="0" init_random="0" remove_damaged="0" sec_spawner="0"/>
        <limit>mixed</limit>
        <active>1</active>
        <children>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="1" min="0" type="Animal_GallusGallusDomesticus"/>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="1" min="0" type="Animal_GallusGallusDomesticusF_Brown"/>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="1" min="0" type="Animal_CanisLupus_Grey"/>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="1" min="0" type="Animal_GallusGallusDomesticusF_Spotted"/>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="1" min="0" type="Animal_GallusGallusDomesticusF_White"/>
        </children>

<event name="AnimalWolf">
        <waves>0</waves>
        <nominal>20</nominal>
        <min>1</min>
        <max>2</max>
        <lifetime>180</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <saferadius>200</saferadius>
        <flags deletable="0" init_random="0" remove_damaged="1" sec_spawner="0"/>
        <limit>child</limit>
        <active>1</active>
        <children>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="1" min="1" type="Animal_CanisLupus_Grey"/>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="1" min="1" type="Animal_CanisLupus_White"/>
        </children>
    </event>

You can play with the Min and Max but be careful you can leave too many wolves, these values do not leave more than 1 or 2 wolves, but can leave more often in those areas.

Ok, is this for just triggering an event at a certain chance?   If so, then that works perfect for the soccer/football field in Cherno

I was talking more about this in the worlds_chernarusplus_ai.pbo  wolf_territories.xml

<territory-type>
    <territory color="4291611852">
        <zone name="Water" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="0" dmax="0" x="2595" z="5947.5" r="60" d="2"/>
        <zone name="Rest" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="0" dmax="0" x="1695" z="6187.5" r="247.5" d="2"/>
        <zone name="Rest" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="0" dmax="0" x="1777.5" z="5760" r="187.5" d="2"/>
        <zone name="Rest" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="0" dmax="0" x="952.5" z="6225" r="172.5" d="2"/>
        <zone name="Rest" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="0" dmax="0" x="2160" z="5722.5" r="157.5" d="2"/>
        <zone name="HuntingGround" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="0" dmax="0" x="1792.5" z="5910" r="300" d="2"/>
        <zone name="HuntingGround" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="0" dmax="0" x="997.5" z="6217.5" r="255" d="2"/>
        <zone name="HuntingGround" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="0" dmax="0" x="907.5" z="5100" r="225" d="2"/>
        <zone name="HuntingGround" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="0" dmax="0" x="540" z="4252.5" r="217.5" d="2"/>
        <zone name="HuntingGround" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="0" dmax="0" x="1605" z="6397.5" r="217.5" d="2"/>
        <zone name="HuntingGround" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="0" dmax="0" x="982.5" z="6705" r="180" d="2"/>
        <zone name="HuntingGround" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="0" dmax="0" x="2242.5" z="5662.5" r="157.5" d="2"/>

I believe you can spawn permanent wolves with this in certain areas if you want instead of having them randomly appear by chance

Edited by Guy Smiley

3 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Ok, ¿esto es solo para desencadenar un evento con cierta posibilidad? Si es así, entonces eso funciona perfecto para el campo de fútbol / fútbol en Cherno

Estaba hablando más sobre esto en worlds_chernarusplus_ai.pbo wolf_territories.xml

<territory-type>
    <territory color = "4291611852">
        <zone name = "Water" smin = "0" smax = "0" dmin = "0" dmax = "0" x = "2595" z = "5947.5" r = "60" d = "2" />
        <nombre de zona = "Rest" smin = "0" smax = "0" dmin = "0" dmax = "0" x = "1695" z = "6187.5" r = "247.5" d = "2" />
        <nombre de zona = "Resto" smin = "0" smax = "0" dmin = "0" dmax = "0" x = "1777.5" z = "5760" r = "187.5" d = "2" />
        <zone name = "Rest" smin = "0" smax = "0" dmin = "0" dmax = "0" x = "952.5 "z =" 6225 "r =" 172.5 "d =" 2 "/>
        <nombre de zona =" Rest "smin =" 0 "smax =" 0 "dmin =" 0 "dmax =" 0 "x =" 2160 "z =" 5722.5 "r =" 157.5 "d =" 2 "/>
        <nombre de zona =" HuntingGround "smin =" 0 "smax =" 0 "dmin =" 0 "dmax =" 0 "x =" 1792.5 " z = "5910" r = "300" d = "2" />0 "dmin =" 0 "dmax =" 0 "x =" 1792.5 "z =" 5910 "r =" 300 "d =" 2 "/>0 "dmin =" 0 "dmax =" 0 "x =" 1792.5 "z =" 5910 "r =" 300 "d =" 2 "/>
        <zone name = "HuntingGround" smin = "0" smax = "0" dmin = "0" dmax = "0" x = "997.5" z = "6217.5" r = "255" d = "2" />
        < zone name = "HuntingGround" smin = "0" smax = "0" dmin = "0" dmax = "0" x = "907.5" z = "5100" r = "225" d = "2" />
        <zone name = "HuntingGround" smin = "0" smax = "0" dmin = "0" dmax = "0" x = "540" z = "4252.5" r = "217.5" d = "2" />
        <nombre de zona = "HuntingGround" smin = "0" smax = "0" dmin = "0" dmax = "0" x = "1605" z = "6397.5" r = "217.5" d = "2" />
        <zone name = "HuntingGround" smin = "0" smax = "0" dmin = "0" dmax = "0" x = "982.5" z = "6705" r = "180" d = "2" />
        < zone name = "HuntingGround" smin = "0" smax = "0" dmin = "0" dmax = "0" x = "2242.5" z = "5662.5" r = "157.5" d = "2" /> 2 "/>2 "/>

If that's okay, everything has to be zero

Also, there are some variables that I don't want to adjust until I see what happens on the 27th.  I'm putting a lot of faith in the team that they will create the hardcore experience, or very close to, that some of us are looking for without us having to do a lot of adjusting but more fine tuning instead.  We shall see what happens.

• Beans 1

that kind of gameplay what im seeking...i dont believe that we gonna see that happen in next update or even never.
im trying to find gameplay where loot is low,at start of the life,you suffer but if you manage to get yourself up from the troubles,you feel alive.
im trying to find gameplay,where you have to somehow plan your moves....if you have to take trip to hospital,you have to prepare yourself for the upcoming efforts.
but ps4 dayz coming...i dont see that official gameplay servers have nothing hardcore.
updated the first post one exiting mod.

every mod is not maybe realistic but i think that good gameplay is builded upon with gameplay/realistic approach

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

that kind of gameplay what im seeking...i dont believe that we gonna see that happen in next update or even never.
im trying to find gameplay where loot is low,at start of the life,you suffer but if you manage to get yourself up from the troubles,you feel alive.
im trying to find gameplay,where you have to somehow plan your moves....if you have to take trip to hospital,you have to prepare yourself for the upcoming efforts.
but ps4 dayz coming...i dont see that official gameplay servers have nothing hardcore.

every mod is not maybe realistic but i think that good gameplay is builded upon with gameplay/realistic approach

Well, if this works properly with the types.xml,  I just cut the gun and ammo spawns in half.  With food and backpacks in 3rd's.  Setting some respawns from 2 hours to a week.  Hoping that it works

• Beans 1

On 3/15/2019 at 10:23 AM, kopo79 said:

i have now little tested this server here and really like it.
there is still few things what i would like to see changed but those things are out of reach of server owners.
im not sure if even modders can do anything about it...the forever dilemma for me..its like obsession to me.
eating raw meat and no feel the coldness.
do anyone know is there way to easy to change calories for raw/cooked meat?....just put 1 calorie for raw meat and make people start fires in woods for the extra calories!.
and also,way to set that how many rags you need to stop bleeding?...with hundreds of rags in gameworld,stopping bleeding is too easy.

Yeah... @BetterDeadThanZed is definitely on the right track, folks. This server is shaping up to be a great "Hardcore" server.

Right now its a bit of a Mod-Testing time for the KZ server...but it is all geared towards keeping you focused on your safety and your continuing survival.

PVP is non-existent, and I think its primarily because the folks that drop in to give it a try usually end up dead a few times simply due to the infected or the environment...and they look for "easier" servers to go around pew-pew-ing.

Again...I keep saying that it's just a matter of time before the types of gameplay become more and more specific, based on which Community Server is running which Mods and how their player base develops.

Maybe there will eventually be a few public servers run by BI that are immensely Hardcore...just to add variety...but don't count on it....They have maintained that "their" vision is simply to provide what "they" consider to be the gritty survival experience once envisioned by Dean and the early gang of Devs… but this crew of developers are too busy working on more guns and gear to worry about keeping the spirit of the survival game alive.

• Beans 2

NWAF WiP - 

There was so many my sound got glitchy.  This is what I'm aiming for with the NWAF but I want them spread out more but in numbers like that

• Beans 1

Real hardcore servers have invisible zombies. 😉

• Haha 2

A few parameters to make it harder:

1st person only , be sure it is fall ingame, i.o.w , NO fruit. make the canned food and soda's super rare ( like 1 percent of what it is now). up the wildlife a bit, especially deer and boars (needed to compensate for the lack of canned food.). spawn all clothing in badly damaged state. Perhaps in 6 years BI will implement the fishing again, so that will be a tremendous break for the player base on that server.

And, to finalize it: when a player dies, he should be automatically banned for a week from that server.

• Beans 2

31 minutes ago, Henk Grunn said:

A few parameters to make it harder:

1st person only , be sure it is fall ingame, i.o.w , NO fruit. make the canned food and soda's super rare ( like 1 percent of what it is now). up the wildlife a bit, especially deer and boars (needed to compensate for the lack of canned food.). spawn all clothing in badly damaged state. Perhaps in 6 years BI will implement the fishing again, so that will be a tremendous break for the player base on that server.

And, to finalize it: when a player dies, he should be automatically banned for a week from that server.

first person only...yes.
i would like to see also server owner decide that he runs maps in different seasons and then adjust few things in there.
examble start from summer chernarus,then autumn and winter chernarus.
gameplay is in different seasons slightly different.
maybe berries and little mushrooms as summer but no apples or plums or pears...they are collectable as autumn.
maybe animal behaviour should see some change in different seasons...maybe even winter wolfs would come to more in south find food.
winter would be quite dark but not that dark than autumn...summer would be slightly just twilight.
and i would like to test ban from death server sometimes...would be intense

• Beans 1

Bahaha, so much for hardcore survival.  The snowflakes have spoken and now we all have our own special nightlight.  Good job BI 👍

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Bahaha, so much for hardcore survival.  The snowflakes have spoken and now we all have our own special nightlight.  Good job BI 👍

i think that there is allready mod what makes nights dark again.
how it work?...i dont know.

On 3/22/2019 at 8:48 PM, kopo79 said:

Please PM me when you find a server like that.

• Beans 1

If anyone here is still looking, Ozbime is a pretty intense PvE server. Zeds are plenty and they hit HARD. Probably 50% less hits to knock you out. This is balanced out by common weaponry and ammo. Food and drink are reduced but still manageable. Cars spawn with just 1-3 things missing so your top priority get supplies and transpo. My only gripe right now is that melee weapons need a damage boost. Meleeing 2-3 zeds fucks you up.

Server tops out at 10 people currently which is actually plenty for PvE servers. The admin is pretty responsive here as well https://old.reddit.com/r/DayZServers/comments/c2kvv5/ozbime_1pp_hardcore_pve_zombies_build_guns_cars/

Edited by repzaj1234
  • Beans 1

I really enjoy a hardcore survival game. I'd love DayZ's environment and it's inhabitants to be far more dangerous to life, rather than the primary threat being PvP.  Mods seem to be the way forward as it's clear the vanilla game will never really be that hardcore - and understandably so, to be fair.

Now my problem is applying those mods and being able to turn them on and off. I have recently been using the DZSA Launcher and it does trigger the install of any mods required for a server from the workshop. However I find once I have downloaded those mods, the game never connects. If I go to vanilla server I am then told I can't connect because I have mods installed. Once I uninstall all the workshop content I can connect to vanilla servers again.

So what gives, do I need several different DayZ installs in order to play different servers? Is it a problem with the DZSA? Is it just a case of DayZ's modding being a bit "temperamental" or am I doing something stupid?

Edited by rickyriot

15 hours ago, repzaj1234 said:

If anyone here is still looking, Ozbime is a pretty intense PvE server. Zeds are plenty and they hit HARD. Probably 50% less hits to knock you out. This is balanced out by common weaponry and ammo. Food and drink are reduced but still manageable. Cars spawn with just 1-3 things missing so your top priority get supplies and transpo. My only gripe right now is that melee weapons need a damage boost. Meleeing 2-3 zeds fucks you up.

Server tops out at 10 people currently which is actually plenty for PvE servers. The admin is pretty responsive here as well https://old.reddit.com/r/DayZServers/comments/c2kvv5/ozbime_1pp_hardcore_pve_zombies_build_guns_cars/

yeah,i may someday try this.
i think that there is still room for few hardcore servers.
but really dont like any killfeeds and sidechats in server.

OK....tested that server and infected count was good but really not fan of the srat gear with guns and apples and stuff.
also,not sure if lucky but three guns in 10 minutes testing is too much for me.

Edited by kopo79

5 hours ago, kopo79 said:

yeah,i may someday try this.
i think that there is still room for few hardcore servers.
but really dont like any killfeeds and sidechats in server.

OK....tested that server and infected count was good but really not fan of the srat gear with guns and apples and stuff.
also,not sure if lucky but three guns in 10 minutes testing is too much for me.

Yeah, I drop all the starting gear when I start a character. The thing with guns is, you can't just go shooting it everywhere cause you'll get swarmed. I think the amount of guns/ammo is balanced out by the sheer amount of infected. The infected will also tank 3+ body shots so you'll really have to aim for the head.

Agree with killfeed, doesn't make sense for a PvE server. But sidechat is bearable for me. If there's only 8 people in the server and survival is very difficult it would be better to easily team up with other people. I would prefer something like what DUG has done, where radios reach up to 8 kilometers away so survivors can just use radios for comms.

EDIT: you should provide feedback to the server owner, he's very open to it.

Edited by repzaj1234
  • Beans 1

anymore hardcore servers?
i really dont like any sidechats or autoruns...

1 hour ago, kopo79 said:

anymore hardcore servers?
i really dont like any sidechats or autoruns...

There isn't a lot tbh and I've been looking for some time now. What I look for is basically

• Scarce food/drink like DayZ Underground
  • Slower regeneration
  • Deadly diseases
  • Increased infected spawns. Buffed zombies. No food/drink can be found on infected bodies.
  • Common civilian guns and ammo to fight infected
  • Cars that are somehow manageable to repair (Only 1-3 parts missing)

Basically DayZ Underground with more dangerous and numerous zombies, with common civilian weaponry and ammo.

So far Ozbime is the most punishing when it comes to dealing with infected. And an admin that listens to feedback.

Edited by repzaj1234
  • Beans 1

21 hours ago, repzaj1234 said:

There isn't a lot tbh and I've been looking for some time now. What I look for is basically

• Scarce food/drink like DayZ Underground
  • Slower regeneration
  • Deadly diseases
  • Increased infected spawns. Buffed zombies. No food/drink can be found on infected bodies.
  • Common civilian guns and ammo to fight infected
  • Cars that are somehow manageable to repair (Only 1-3 parts missing)

Basically DayZ Underground with more dangerous and numerous zombies, with common civilian weaponry and ammo.

So far Ozbime is the most punishing when it comes to dealing with infected. And an admin that listens to feedback.

kind of my thoughts...
dug server is best for now but its hard to get on the server because of queu and if you are not whitelisted.
but this profes that hardcore server with good tweaks and good community for server is key for success.
everytime i go dug server,it feels like home...died multiple times at fresh spawn but when you manage to overcome difficulties,it becomes intense like hell.
there is room for maybe 5 hardcore servers if you look playerbase...

still,sometimes feels that guns are way too easy to find on servers...if you find gun after 20 minutes playing..it doesent give me anything to enjoy...but after two hours...its like you won lottery:D