kopo79

the real hardcore survival server

i have tried to find real hardcore survival server but really cant find it.
few server owners have tried to achieve this but seems to be that tweaking and modding is not easy....im not modder or server owner...just a player.
when im talking hardcore,its not just 1pp...its difficult server where you have to fight against dangers to get yourself up from difficulties.
there is few mods allready what could be needed in this server.i try to put them in this thread.

for me problem is that there is way too much stuff spawning.
if i start new character,i have found pistol after 30 mins,i have backpack,matches,many food items...its get boring when you dont suffer a little:D
do anyone else like this kind of gameplay?

i kind of miss the killer rain from 0.62...it was maybe little overkill but...there was something in terms of "survival"
also empty coastal cities i miss...i always searced few houses and then start to move in north.
few days ago when i was playing i found three pistols and maybe four knifes in just 45 minutes...i closed dayz.
the real hardcore gameplay should be tested...examble when you find bandage roll in game,you should be "wuhuu,great" but

with all the rags and clothes and knifes,finding bandage is just plain.
so...what kind of mods you like to see developed to get this kind of gameplay?
or what kind of tweaks you you wanna see...

few mods from workshop:
LessVegetablesHarvest
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1675754556

LessSkinningMeat
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1670944414

Healthtweak
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1682203063

Zombies-Health-rebalance
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1633167429

lessclothesrags
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1685080859

LessClothesRagsOnlyPristine
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1690178971

Lesshydrationinfood
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1700581293&searchtext=

less vegetables and less meat is because every player seems to be farmers and butchers on top quality.
healthtweak is because in vanilla,health regen is superfast...if you take hit,it takes just 5 minutes to get all back.
zombie tweak is to get some variety for zombies health.
less rags from clothes is encourage to people use bandage rolls.also,clothes seems to be everywhere.
i have tested this and in 20 minutes i had maybe 15 rags...and other point is to make hospitals as hotspot to meet other players.
lessclothesragsonlypristine is that you can have only rags from pristine clothes.(with only two rags i cant recommend you to go military area or big citys)
lesshydrationinfood is that when eating raw meat or some raw mushrooms makes you vomit.

also many items need decreasing and tweaking.
backpacks,guns
knives,machetes,axes.
canned food
remove soda from boats

after this,game needs coldness effects and diseases.
i would consider also radiation zone mod to make some "quests" for players.(some valuable loot only in radiation zones)
also if 28dayslater mod would be less killing(it kills you in 60 seconds) i would like to see this mod also.
less inventory on clothes also would be needed because i can put cooking pot in my jeans.

and vanilla infected count is a joke...true hardcore server needs lot of them.

Edited by kopo79
  • Beans 2

Welk the game is still so far from complete that we can't even modify the files properly until everything us implemented

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, kopo79 said:

i have tried to find real hardcore survival server but really cant find it.

I'm not surprised.  This is because it is impossible to achieve.

You will always be able to outsmart and outmaneuver static AI infected behavior.  Once you learn the game mechanics fully, it's impossible to not be efficient and take advantage of this knowledge, and survive with ease.

There's no linear progression.  It's an open world sandbox.  It can't get progressively harder as you acquire more gear.  Even assume that when all of the bugs are worked out and everything is implemented, it just becomes easier.   Additionally, all you have to do is group up with one other person and your difficulties are cut in half.   Note that there's no real limiting factor to this.

You'll always be able to game the system.  It doesn't matter if it's official or a modded community server, you'll be able to identify and workaround hurdles that make players die.  Every open world sandbox and every MMO has this issue.

Unless you find ways to change up your own gameplay style, it will always become easier in short order.  Try to only loot by killing players.  Limit yourself to what items you can pick up.  Try to survive only by begging other players for help.  Provide self made goals.  Either way, you're no longer fighting the game for survival, you're creating your own terms.

The only way that this can be a 'true hardcore survival' game is if you are a new player and you try to figure things out as you go, embracing the journey of discovery.  Having experience and using the web to acquire information instantly soils your experience.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

yeah...group up with one person is a start.
i have few times experienced this and its one of the best experiences what you could have in this game.
but just now,i dont need to group up cos i can just "survive" alone.
but if infecteds would give danger and it would be dangerous to go hospitals alone to find bandages,antibiotics.crucial for survival...better to group with someone.
one examble is firedrill kit...it kills the purpose of matches...firedrill kit is nice to have cos its primitive firemaking but just too easy in game.
just tweak firedrill timer to 5 minutes...now you can no fire primitive way but its a lot easier to just find matches....and for future mod,lighter
EDIT:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1680393120
just found that mod...do anyone know if any server runs it?
EDIT2
just found one server but it has only max players 20...its quite low,but im still gonna test this

EDIT3
that server crash for some buggy car_soba error.

Edited by kopo79

again one evening gone to search "that" server.
there is few promising servers for me but not perfect.
i just hate that when im starting to play and in third house...shotgun.yei!
next house...backpack.

Edited by kopo79

why not find a server with increased zed count?  instead of lowering ammount of loot, it would just make it much more dangerous and time consuming to search for the loot.  not to mention that it would give u back the feeling that a small mistake at any time could cost u everything.  @Guy Smiley might know a great server u should check out. 

• Beans 1

9 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

@kopo79 maybe its time to a New Serie of Quests. Or you make the same from 0.60-0.62 with the new 1.0 Engine.

You remember? 

Here some Ideas (your Ideas):

https://forums.dayz.com/topic/236633-spice-up-the-gameplayrealism-settings/?page=1

Yes.that was fun experience but i thought when 1.0 and modding comes i dont have to pretetend or play with my imagination

1 hour ago, kopo79 said:

i thought when 1.0 and modding comes i dont have to pretetend or play with my imagination
https://forums.dayz.com/topic/236633-spice-up-the-gameplayrealism-settings/?page=1

You were right in your thread  =  In DayZ the play is TOTALLY BASED on your imagination.. to make this thought  simple at the LOWEST - FLAT ON THE ROAD level - that gun in your hands is NOT real.  (you get the idea? the shooty thing is in your imagination).
Some folk like to imagine they are full combat shock-troops (and they dress for it and go and pretend to be that) some folk play at being Hunters, some folk play at being Farmers, some want to set up a Homestead and sit around a fire cooking with their friends, some decide they will play at collecting a big pile of stuff in hidden stashes - they are playing Preppies. Ive seen "cowboys" call each other out and shoot it out in the main street with revolvers. Ive seen the Cult of "Jesus with No Pants" holding big meetings and running into firefights to read from the Bible to snipers. I've seen wandering bands of Gangsters and Torturers laughing when they make some lone hungry person suffer and die. some folk love to be Lone Ghillie Snipers.

Not ANY of that is even "role playing"... (that's a whole other set of stuff to do)  - it is all "imagination" you have to use. It is all imagination play, there is nothing ELSE in DayZ

If you want a Steam Achievement Badge in DayZ you are totally SCREWED.
Decide you will collect 10000 rounds of .38 Ammo and then award yourself the Achievement - THAT'S A QUEST - you know you beat the target,  boast about it here on the forum.
- Who cares if the Deves tell you to do it or you YOU Tell Yourself to do it?  what IS the difference?

you want a long Quest? right NOW ? - OK

* Go find the NAKED GIANT carved on the ground and build a fire inside his outline, spend a whole night there alone with the fire burning and try to survive.
* Become a solo Wolf Hunter. Only eat wolf meat and make your gear out of wolfhide.
* Find the LOST BRONZE STATUE in the woods and set up a tent with food where people can leave offerings
* Do a pilgrimage on foot : Collect a drop of water from every pump on the map and leave it on the alter in Berezino.
* SWIM to Debug Island (take enough food for the distance and the return).
* Survive a week with only a single shot rifle, never touch any mil gear or clothes.  Stay civilian and live in a house in Cherno
* Become a cannibal, dont ever eat anything else. Only drink Water. (it's like being a Vegan, but different)

There are many  Quests - look back in this blog and you will find threads on each of them.

there are just ZERO Steam Achievements for doing Quests. This is DayZ, not TombRaider

xxp

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1
  • Beans 3

I understnad some idea, each one is different and plays with imagination, until some point it's ok. But the rest I can't agree, I don't want to feel like I play Hitman and repeat each mission with different approach. I prefer more like real chellanges where you have to plan ahead, react to escalating situations where there is only one way out of this. Ofc DayZ is not there yet, nor any available mod.

i have now little tested this server here and really like it.
there is still few things what i would like to see changed but those things are out of reach of server owners.
im not sure if even modders can do anything about it...the forever dilemma for me..its like obsession to me.
eating raw meat and no feel the coldness.
do anyone know is there way to easy to change calories for raw/cooked meat?....just put 1 calorie for raw meat and make people start fires in woods for the extra calories!.
and also,way to set that how many rags you need to stop bleeding?...with hundreds of rags in gameworld,stopping bleeding is too easy.

• Beans 1

@kopo79 getting cold is in game but as far as I can tell, the only thing it seems to affect is stamina.  Also, if it's raining and you're not getting cold and wet, then it's not actually raining and you need to relog.   The eating of raw meat needs to be addressed but if you kill and animal and gut it without gloves on, you will get sick if you don't wash the blood off your hands.

Also, now that I'm running a dedicated server it'll be easier for me to play with the files and adjust the loot spawns and spread out the infected.  I'll be working on spreading out the infected spawns and adding so new spawn points along roads and certain locations.

• Beans 3

4 hours ago, LucianX said:

I understnad some idea, each one is different and plays with imagination, until some point it's ok. But the rest I can't agree, I don't want to feel like I play Hitman and repeat each mission with different approach. I prefer more like real chellanges where you have to plan ahead, react to escalating situations where there is only one way out of this. Ofc DayZ is not there yet, nor any available mod.

Have you tried  Crysis  or  World of Warcraft ?

Edited by pilgrim*

47 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

Have you tried  Crysis  or  World of Warcraft ?

World of Warcraft a challenge? Now there's a new one.

1 hour ago, IMT said:

First time doing a raid, yes, very challenging.  After learning the mechanics and getting overheard, easy

59 minutes ago, IMT said:

Both the,games I mentioned have Quests - the posters above =  @Sqeezorz @LucianX & @kopo79want Quests and Objectives  -  (myself I always thought Pokemon Red was a challenge, I sill have my GameBoy Color and I still only have one game for it and I still play it while I'm in executive class on planes or driving on motorways taking prescription drugs  (ok?) 
- but WHAT KIND of quest or programmed objective could you have in DayZ seriously ?

- talk to the ancient lady zombie at the radio mast who will tell you where to find the underground chamber with the gold plated AK if you give her a backpack of raw meat and she will give you the map and the Talisman of Infinite Ammo and a ghillie suit and you will need  because zombies will spawn out of every tree you pass on the way as well as wolves and your gun will jam after you have shot 11 wolves unless you have already made yourself Pack Leader by fighting the king of the wolves in Berezino to call him you bang 3 times on the tank monument with a pristine sledgehammer from the blue cargo container in the hull of the shipwreck which will only open  if you connect a generator to the door. 

Quests ?

<< I prefer more like real challenges where you have to plan ahead, react to escalating situations where there is only one way out of this. Ofc DayZ is not there yet, nor any available mod. >>

DayZ is NOT THERE YET ?? - you can't react to escalating situations or plan ahead in DayZ? .. er .. YET ..??
so when it gets "there" players will be happier because they   <<dont have to pretend or play their imagination >> 
They can do preset Dev pre-planned adventure stuff instead and that will make DayZ  ..  better ??

Perhaps I should not have mentioned EverQuest II ( .. did I? ) .. maybe Tomb Raider IX  is more of a challenge ? ..  it could be a Sandbox MMOG at the same time 

any suggestions ??

47 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

First time doing a raid, yes, very challenging.  After learning the mechanics and getting overheard, easy

Unless you're doing normal, heroic or mythic from the start, you should have a fairly easy time because of LFR. Just follow the key rules: don't stand in shit, adds are priority and make sure you have an add-on like DBM. And then there is even the dungeon journal, read the part where you need to watch out for as your roll and you have/know everything you need. First few times you probably need to pay a bit of attention to the abilities, etc. but after that it's just muscle memory.

23 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

Both the,games I mentioned have Quests - the posters above =  @Sqeezorz @LucianX & @kopo79want Quests and Objectives  -  (myself I always thought Pokemon Red was a challenge, I sill have my GameBoy Color and I still only have one game for it and I still play it while I'm in executive class on planes or driving on motorways taking prescription drugs  (ok?) 
- but WHAT KIND of quest or programmed objective could you have in DayZ seriously ?

- talk to the ancient lady zombie at the radio mast who will tell you where to find the underground chamber with the gold plated AK if you give her a backpack of raw meat and she will give you the map and the Talisman of Infinite Ammo and a ghillie suit and you will need  because zombies will spawn out of every tree you pass on the way as well as wolves and your gun will jam after you have shot 11 wolves unless you have already made yourself Pack Leader by fighting the king of the wolves in Berezino to call him you bang 3 times on the tank monument with a pristine sledgehammer from the blue cargo container in the hull of the shipwreck which will only open  if you connect a generator to the door. 

Quests ?

<< I prefer more like real challenges where you have to plan ahead, react to escalating situations where there is only one way out of this. Ofc DayZ is not there yet, nor any available mod. >>

DayZ is NOT THERE YET ?? - you can't react to escalating situations or plan ahead in DayZ? .. er .. YET ..??
so when it gets "there" players will be happier because they   <<dont have to pretend or play their imagination >> 
They can do preset Dev pre-planned adventure stuff instead and that will make DayZ  ..  better ??

Perhaps I should not have mentioned EverQuest II ( .. did I? ) .. maybe Tomb Raider IX  is more of a challenge ? ..  it could be a Sandbox MMOG at the same time 

any suggestions ??

I always made my own quests/goal/objectives. Like finding the FAL, finding metal wire, filling up an entire military tent with baked meat or hunting down and killing DicklePick, which was my favorite one tbh. So why can't they?

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

22 minutes ago, IMT said:

Unless you're doing normal, heroic or mythic from the start, you should have a fairly easy time because of LFR. Just follow the key rules: don't stand in shit, adds are priority and make sure you have an add-on like DBM.

I quit before they added the LFR as the game was already getting dumbed down and they were handing out epics and legendaries like candy

• Like 1

@pilgrim*

"DayZ is NOT THERE YET ?? - you can't react to escalating situations or plan ahead in DayZ? .. er .. YET ..??
They can do preset Dev pre-planned adventure stuff instead and that will make DayZ  ..  better ?? "

Everybody understand what they want. If you don't get the point it's ok. I don't care.

Two players in dayz, they walk together in a thunderstorm and cold weather. One say: "It's raining...", the other "Mhm." And they continue walking... Examples are more...

• Beans 1

19 minutes ago, LucianX said:

Two players in dayz, they walk together in a thunderstorm and cold weather. One say: "It's raining...", the other "Mhm." And they continue walking... Examples are more...

Except,  One say: "It's raining...", the other "just relog, it's sunny and clear on my end." And they continue walking... Examples are more...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, IMT said:

Unless you're doing normal, heroic or mythic from the start, you should have a fairly easy time because of LFR. Just follow the key rules: don't stand in shit, adds are priority and make sure you have an add-on like DBM. And then there is even the dungeon journal, read the part where you need to watch out for as your roll and you have/know everything you need. First few times you probably need to pay a bit of attention to the abilities, etc. but after that it's just muscle memory.

Am i the only one who doesnt know what he is on about?

11 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Except,  One say: "It's raining...", the other "just relog, it's sunny and clear on my end." And they continue walking... Examples are more...

if its raining, I generally log out. And yes, its sunny when I log in again, generally.

yes...there is flaws in game like that relog system...köhöm ...loot...köhöm farming...köhöm...
but basic foundation for great survival experience is lacking.
i can pretend (i dont want to) and use my imagination for some point.
but if i look how this is going i have one fear....dayz is brutal apocalypse game where every move you make is important
just imagine yourself wander lost and empty landscape where you suffer always lack of something....medical,social relatinoship,guns,bullets....then comes the ps4 release.
new customers dont wanna gameplay like in this thread....ps4 players wanna loot,and loot and loot and shoot and kill..
i just wanna find backpack and maybe meet some somewhere

i have also noticed in this raining thingy...sometimes there is no wind sound....if i log out and in again....wind sound is back

14 minutes ago, aux7 said:

Am i the only one who doesnt know what he is on about?

I guess you never played World of Warcraft then.

1 hour ago, Guy Smiley said:

I quit before they added the LFR as the game was already getting dumbed down and they were handing out epics and legendaries like candy

Well, the game has even been dumbed down more since then. But I guess we're getting a little too much off-topic now, so let's leave it at that.

3 hours ago, IMT said:

AND make sure you have a good walkthrough - that's how I made it through Pokemon Red and GameBoy Zelda
Crisis single-player (my fave) I just winged it. First time I got a speeding ticket I was amazed.
Jeez - life was hell before Sandbox