carmelo henry

why mods are better then the regular game

Because they give people what they want lol, customers always right 

I wouldn’t necessarily say they make a game better, that’s subjective.

They do offer various ways to play for those who may like certain changes, extending play time for those interested.

Maybe if/when private servers are implemented.

Cuz fans put more time then dev 

Its kinda sad

Edited by carmelo henry

Ya, this is very subjective.  I mean, if you really enjoy having gear handed to you, dumbed down and easy gameplay, then ya, mods are awesome.  It's like everyone gets a trophy when it comes to modding

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Its a mixed bag for me. Modders get shit done waaaay faster then DayZ devs. But most modders and server owners seam to think just handing people loot is good gameplay. 

The majority of servers are too generous with loot. If you can get full millitary geard in 30 mins it means a huge part of the game get lost and most weapons you will never get a reason to use. There is a certain charm with those Bk18 and shotgun fights near the coast on offical servers. 

Edited by Evilsausage
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

On 3/18/2019 at 9:31 PM, Guy Smiley said:

Ya, this is very subjective.  I mean, if you really enjoy having gear handed to you, dumbed down and easy gameplay, then ya, mods are awesome.  It's like everyone gets a trophy when it comes to modding

Strange , your in the true hardcore thread going through files of DayZ with the intent of modding them to change the game to your liking. Oh you didnt realize tweaking the settings is infact MODDING the game. Did you get your participation trophy yet ?

17 minutes ago, soulfirez said:

Strange , your in the true hardcore thread going through files of DayZ with the intent of modding them to change the game to your liking. Oh you didnt realize tweaking the settings is infact MODDING the game. Did you get your participation trophy yet ?

No, the plebs lack the ability to craft my magnificent trophy.  I'll wait for someone to mod it 

• Haha 2