bent.toe

1.0 and what i hope for.

3 minutes ago, AndrzejHook said:

lol WHAT? I hope not.. You're feet dont bleed from walking barefoot in real last time i checked.  The people who walk barefoot actually build the calluses on the bottom of the foot providing a thick layer of skin protection

That would take time to build up though, doesn't happen instantly. But it needs to be there to balance out the advantage of bare feet. 

2 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

That would take time to build up though, doesn't happen instantly. But it needs to be there to balance out the advantage of bare feet. 

mmm I still dont think there should be foot bleeding... I agree with feet getting cold and then getting sick or something but not bleeding.   Or they should just lower the audio for the footsteps when having shoes on?  They are way too loud... thats why nobody wears shoes

7 minutes ago, AndrzejHook said:

mmm I still dont think there should be foot bleeding... I agree with feet getting cold and then getting sick or something but not bleeding.   Or they should just lower the audio for the footsteps when having shoes on?  They are way too loud... thats why nobody wears shoes

Maybe running more slowly without shoes? And if you bang your toe or stand on lego your character should take double damage and let out a scream for five minutes! 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Maybe running more slowly without shoes? And if you bang your toe or stand on lego your character should take double damage and let out a scream for five minutes! 

Lmao they should add little pieces of Lego in certain houses just for this effect I agree 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

How about foot gear wearing out, or getting a nail in the sole (or just a hole so you have a waterlogged boot), or trench foot from not changing wet socks for days. How about having to cut your toenails (now that players grow beards) or risk mobility damage from long-term nail ingrowth, or just bad boot fit.  How about injuries from moving barefoot over rusty metal and broken glass in cities or industrial sites? Also the possibility of gangrene.   

while I'm here ..
How about swollen face from mosquito bites (caught from logging out near water) and possibility of infection ? - you get gun sway from the urge to scratch while you aim.
How about using a wasps nest in a bag as a weapon ?

Edited by pilgrim*
xxp
  • Haha 2

They should introduce asthma too, and have inhalers spawn in hospitals. Also, obesity from eating too much, making it harder to run up hills. Diabetes from too many canned peaches. Yeah, this could be a highly educational game. 

I'm curious though, wasn't there a system in arma 3 that had a kind of triage system where you could actually diagonose specific injuries and treat accordingly? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

They should introduce asthma too, and have inhalers spawn in hospitals. Also, obesity from eating too much, making it harder to run up hills. Diabetes from too many canned peaches. Yeah, this could be a highly educational game. 

I'm curious though, wasn't there a system in arma 3 that had a kind of triage system where you could actually diagonose specific injuries and treat accordingly? 

Everyone should design their character BUT then when they log in the character will be of UNKNOWN RANDOM WEIGHT ( dangerously skinny to seriously overweight) and also rated between "terminal TV couch inactivity - truck driver - average city office worker -boot camp military - heavy smoker -- track athlete" ..  As with the old blood-group types we had  in DayZ the player won't get any choice about this, they just have to live with it.

Hey, I just found a THERMOMETER in the PC game today. What can you DO with that? - I couldn't find any place to put it. 

survival => realism   

• Haha 2

Yeah I found a few thermometers, I can't remember if I ever tried using it. Rubber gloves definitely required I think. 

• Beans 1

7 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

Combat logging on xbox, to my own understanding (tell me if I'm wrong)  - is a problem of  the Xbox Microsoft network.. so it is not directly under DayZ software control, it is NOT standard internet connection and it is not under the control of BI - our Devs can't redesign the MS Network so that a player can't instantly leave a game. (but if they are not let back in by DayZ software for 5 mins, then that would cure combat ghosting)
I believe it works this way, it's built into the MS xbox gaming network - and this is the problem, combat logging (out) is a thing outside of BI and DayZ software. - but again, tell me if I'm wrong.  

also - IMO combat logging is only a BIG problem (compared to hopping)  if you are a combat freak who wants to play straight CoD battles. A standard DayZ technique is to shoot the guy in the back before he sees you. Getting the drop on someone is one key part of the DayZ game. And plenty fo fighters do NOT combat log (they'd rather fight to the death, right?) On PC the (short) timer -logging in and logging out cant be avoided by the player, and that sorts any combat logging or ghosting. IMO that existing PC timer should be at least x2 as long - 20 seconds each way - so people would think more carefully before they logged out. but as it stands, it works to prevent ghosting/combat logging and feeling safe to do it anywhere near other players.

[ I have other Xbox suggestions that could be implemented inside the DayZ server software, but Xbox players would hate them (I know) .. lets see what happens when the Duping problem and the Base-building play has been sorted, first ]

As far as I’m aware, developers have free reign to implement any preventive measures as far as their servers and property are concerned.

So long as it doesn’t breach Microsoft’s ToS, I don’t believe there’s much BI isn’t able to do to police their servers.

It seems to be a matter of what the best course of action is in regard to deterrents and/or punishments BI chooses to go with.

Edited by Nayte
Typo

6 minutes ago, Nayte said:

developers have free reign to implement any preventive measures as far as their servers and property are concerned

totally - but I heard gossip that there was a way of using the Xbox network (itself) to drop out of a game instantly  -  MAYBE I'M WRONG ??  - but I thought that was what all the "combat logging" Xbox complaints are about.
Don't know nothing more about it myself.. If I'm cornered, I just fight to the death, what the hell.

This is why I keep suggesting that a playershould be able to pull the pin on a grenade and keep it in their hand  - if you are wounded or handcuffed or knocked out, or put your hands up to surrender (or to give the finger)  you drop of the grenade. Nobody going to take me alive, so it would be sweet to take some of them out too.

3 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

totally - but I heard gossip that there was a way of using the Xbox network (itself) to drop out of a game instantly  -  MAYBE I'M WRONG ??  - but I thought that was what all the "combat logging" Xbox complaints are about.
Don't know nothing more about it myself.. If I'm cornered, I just fight to the death, what the hell.

I wouldn’t be surprised if players have found a way to usurp the logging off method.

The only way I can think of, aside from pulling the ethernet cord, would be to close the DayZ app through the console face. Now, I’m not sure what that does to the in-game character, if they’re still in stasis for the standard amount of time or not.

Currently, when you log out of DayZ on Xbox, there’s a 20 second countdown until your character physically leaves the server. If one joins servers too frequently, it causes a 90 second joining timer.

There aren’t any other preventive measures in place as of yet.

47 minutes ago, Nayte said:

Currently, when you log out of DayZ on Xbox, there’s a 20 second countdown until your character physically leaves the server. If one joins servers too frequently, it causes a 90 second joining timer.

Same on PC for the countdown  .. the logout/login delays were ONLY added to stop combat logging and combat ghosting, in FACT.    There were lots of arguments about this and Hopper-Limiting way back.. Eventually the =tiny= logout pause was introduced ONLY to discourage combat loggers/ghosters.  It was an easy no sweat no complaints compromise solution - After all the argument, nothing "real" was done about hoppers at all  - except that hoppers and arguments about them encouraged a LOT of players to move to Private servers.

I think a longer logout would encourage players to find GOOD places to log out (obviously) - which is anyway part of survival game-play - But instead players log out in dumb places and complain that when they log in the next day they are dead.  I have no sympathy for that argument.

To discourage Hoppers on Xbox is easy, because all Xbox servers are on Public Hive. So BI can use a universal time tag for each character, it doesn't matter WHERE they log in or out,  their time tag is with their character in the Public Hive. That covers all Xbox 100%
If they log in and stay for less than half an hour before they log out - then they  get a 5 minute login penalty (to any server). 5 mins or MORE - I'm OK with that. Anyone who HAS to log off, wont be logging back in under 5 mins anyway. I think having to wait 5 mins to hop into each server, then spending 3 mins on the server, then having to wait 5 mins again - after a few hops most hoppers would loose interest, give it up, or they would be definitely LESS keen and play real DayZ for a change.
Also a 5 min wait would make some duping techniques more difficult and more boring, too. 

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Beans 1

14 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

To discourage Hoppers on Xbox is easy, because all Xbox servers are on Public Hive. So BI can use a universal time tag for each character, it doesn't matter WHERE they log in or out,  their time tag is with their character in the Public Hive. That covers all Xbox 100%
If they log in and stay for less than half an hour before they log out - then they  get a 5 minute login penalty (to any server). 5 mins or MORE - I'm OK with that. Anyone who HAS to log off, wont be logging back in under 5 mins anyway. I think having to wait 5 mins to hop into each server, then spending 3 mins on the server, then having to wait 5 mins again - after a few hops most hoppers would loose interest, give it up, or they would be definitely LESS keen and play real DayZ for a change.
Also a 5 min wait would make some duping techniques more difficult and more boring, too. 

I would 100% second this motion.

Perhaps up the timer to 5 minutes after 2-3 quick re-logs. That way you’d give those who may have froze/crashed a chance to rejoin without an undeserved restriction. Or, as you mentioned, they were able to track players who were blatantly hopping.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

Players try to use bases in easy to find open or city places,  as if they were FORTRESSES - but they ARE NOT FORTRESSES.  They take time to build, they are weak,  and they are ONLY about 2% safer than putting tents in a main street .  And a hidden tent or stash is about 400 TIMES safer than a base.

That's why I mentioned that I prefer a couple well placed tents with some camo netting

• Beans 1

26 minutes ago, Stagman70 said:

That's why I mentioned that I prefer a couple well placed tents with some camo netting

I just get some bags and bury stuff now, if there is a server reboot coming up I log off carrying it  (the most important stuff)

Edited by aux7
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Nayte said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if players have found a way to usurp the logging off method.

The only way I can think of, aside from pulling the ethernet cord, would be to close the DayZ app through the console face. Now, I’m not sure what that does to the in-game character, if they’re still in stasis for the standard amount of time or not.

There was one day I was playing with my mates, and my screen froze up solid while I was in my quick menu.  No matter what I did, nothing happened.  I was left with no other recourse but to do a "hard shutdown" of the game.  Well, I was informed by my friends that my character just fell over dead when I did that.  They had to pull all the gear off me that they could and I had to spend the next hour running across the map to meet them.  So, perhaps pulling the ethernet cord should result in the same thing if someone wants to try to "escape" danger. 

Personally I don't bother stashing gear. If I die I enjoy the process of looting up from scratch again. I kinda feel thats the point of the game. The journey is more interesting than the destination. 

• Like 1

I will be very happy with the games if the following things is fixed:

Duping - it's game-breaking and affects you I need several ways - both getting shot by idiots who should go play pubg instead (it's a good game after all) and the fact that decent players can't find a gun making the playing field even more unfair.

FPS-drops near other players and in larger towns.

Sound clipping in and out in larger areas.

Weather and real nighttime re-introduced.

Unconscious state needs to be activated when you get shot with smaller caliber bullets, we need to be able to take prisoners and have more interactions after a fight.

Broken limbs.

And of course persistence in terms of bases and stashes.

Fix that and all new content can wait.

I have some suggestions that I'd like to see implemented at some point but before I give those, I feel like a different perspective needs to be considered with the issues of duping, combat logging and ghosting by other players.

1. Duping:  Personally I don't care that much about it because usually the people who do it or take advantage of it are sub par PvP'ers who use "type of gear" as a crutch. If you're a   skilled PvP'er (I'm definitely not) then using strategy, patience and cunning should level the playing field against the dupers. I enjoy the gathering of gear and the risk involved in trying to loot normally "gear rich" areas so to me duping is just a sign that the player is missing the whole point of the game and is actively working towards burning themselves out of playing DayZ which in the end means sooner or later they'll move on to some other game and the rest of us can continue to enjoy the whole reason we decided to play in the first place, but obviously that's just my two cents and understand not everyone views the world through a glass is half full perspective.

2. Combat Logging: Again this is an area where I don't really care if a person does this because not everyone who does it is logging off due to lack of PvP skill. Admittedly I have done this so my perspective is going to be a little biased here but hear me out as to my reasons for doing so when I did. The times that I did combat log, I did so because I was playing the game differently than the people who were either trying to instigate combat or who I assumed just by their demeanor were going to KOS no matter if I tried to engage them in conversation or not. During these times I was purely in "explorer mode" and had spent a great deal of time doing just that, exploring! And felt like my good time should not be spoiled simply because some people have a blood lust. Although I have never combat logged during an actual gun fight as that's just cowardly but don't just assume a person combat logs out of cowardice EVERY SINGLE TIME! We all agree that there is no one way to play this game and why some of you might be actively looking for PvP others may not and have a right to disengage from players and scenarios who do. I see a lot of the same people who say "there is no one way to play the game" who sometimes in the same breath, piss and moan about players who don't play the game the way that they prefer. Think about that for a bit.

3. Ghosting: Here is where I completely agree something needs to be done because the ability to disappear when at a disadvantage during a gun fight to only reappear in a more advantageous spot and turn the tables is 100% horse shit! But the answer, just like when it comes to combat logging, IS NOT a throw EVERYONE under the bus, just to prevent the FEW people who utilize this issue for an advantageous situation. So the answer is simple, If you log out to try an ghost via server hopping to get a better position then when you log back on to the server you respawn back to where you originally logged off. And yes I know people are going to try and say "I logged off because I needed to go" as an excuse for being able to ghost but the way around that bs is, you're only allowed when logging back in to the same server in that newer location AFTER a certain time period, say 10 mins. Meaning that it gives the players defending themselves against possible ghosters enough time to have moved on from what ever position/area they were defending so that when the "ghosting" player returns, there is little chance to rejoin a battle from a better position. It essentially removes the incentive to ghost because by the time they're capable of logging back on from that more advantageous spot, the other players are more likely than not to have already moved on and the players that "had to go" that logged out obviously wouldn't care that they returned back to the same spot because their reason for logging off had nothing to do with trying to get the upper hand in a battle. The only downside to this are players who are trying to raid a base that they just cant get into without ghosting as whether or not the defending players are there or not is not the real concern. I don't know how you would prevent that from happening outside of some sort of computer code wizardry that I'm too much of a moron to possibly understand let alone type out here.

Now as for my suggestions or "What I hope for?"

1. Personalized controls preferably, but specifically bring back double tapping down on the D-pad to turn on and leave on in game chat. Having to hold it down to chat while simultaneously trying to keep moving around to avoid possible snipers and being able to turn to keep an eye on the player you're chatting with just DOES NOT WORK! So either bring back the double tap to leave the mic on and thus free up your fingers to be able to still realistically have a chat while avoiding getting sniped and being able to look around or make it an option you can quickly turn on in settings although why you would opt for the more complicated way I'm not really sure. The other specific thing that NEEDS TO BE CHANGED is free look. It needs to be regulated to either R bumper or R Trigger (while on the move) or the Left Stick needs to FULLY control EVERY aspect of a players directional movement and Right stick needs to strictly control free look meaning you can be running via Left stick while swiveling free look with the Right stick and you won't change direction unless you move Left stick in that direction. Having to click and hold down Right stick in order to free look absolutely blows as most of the time it results in me either ending up staring down at my own player, staring up in the air, scanning wildly thus removing the point of free look OR if pressure doesn't remain constant you end up turning in the direction you were looking which in 1PP can sometimes completely disorient you especially while running through the woods where everything looks the same. I can't even count how many times this has happened while I was on the move and because of the disorientation I ended up either heading back the way I came or ended up going in an entirely different direction than I had intended. This needs to change IMMEDIATELY

2. Some are going to disagree with me here but I DONT think keyboard and mouse should be implemented into DayZ Xbox. My reason is simple, If you want the sort of control and hot key options found in the PC version then you should just play the PC version. Why should you now have an extra advantage on Xbox against players not playing via keyboard and mouse? Pick a lane and stop trying to have your cake and eat it too. The funny thing about this is the people who keep requesting it are the same people who complain about the dupers, combat loggers and ghosters gaining the advantage on them. So let me try and follow your logic, you don't like it when people get the advantage over you but you're perfectly fine having the advantage over other players? lol you do realize the hypocrisy there right?

3. Suppressors (not the water bottle improvised ones) but the actual suppressors need to have a much longer life span. I'm not saying make them unbreakable but they definitely need to work much longer than they currently do. I'd also like to see other options for improvised suppressors as well.

4. Again some are going to disagree with me here but I DONT think you should be able to pick your fresh spawn point. As it is everyone heads for the bigger loot rich cities and loots or camps waiting for other players. What do you think is going to happen if you give everyone the option of spawning into Electro, Berezino, Rify or any other highly populated/desired area? I get it that if you're playing with friends you would like to be able to spawn closer to them and avoid the long hike to get back to them but part of what makes DayZ the game that it is, is the randomness, the adventure and yes even the annoyance of spawning a gazillion Km away from where you want to be. Just like the keyboard and mouse thing I really don't think you should be given an advantage or be provided the ability to just skip the stuff that you don't like simply because it's an inconvenience. If anything I'd like to see more spawn in points and perhaps points that are sometimes inland or hell out on the islands where you would have to actually swim to the mainland.

5.  I think we all agree on more gun and attachment options so I wont bother beyond this sentence on that.

6. I know there is mixed feelings about the stamina bar (whether to increase it or get rid of it altogether) my perspective is that being DayZ is sort of based on IRL situations and survival then so too should your ability to increase your stamina via all the running and hiking you do in this game. I think that's a happy medium. You keep the stamina bar but you have the ability to increase your stamina over time as you play the game. Same as what happens in real life. If you start jogging at first you can barely go for very long before needing to stop or rest but over time you build up more and more stamina and can go for longer distances and periods of time.

7. Can we all agree NO ONE wants or uses the BK 18?

8. Something needs to be done about the wolves. They are way too persistent, there can at times be an unrealistic swarm of them and since when is any animal a bullet sponge and been able to take multiple shots from an M4 or any gun beyond a .22 for that matter and still keep on coming? I get zombies not being taken out by a singular shot but animals? That's ridiculous! hell 99% of animals just hearing a gun shot would cause them to scatter let alone taking multiple bullets to the head or body. If they were bears, sure but wolves? That's incredibly unrealistic.

9. Someone else said it but I'd like to see some designated safe zones but, my only caveat is, only if there are only a few scattered around the map and NONE of them should be anywhere near a military base or tents. 

10. Also there needs to be more chance for going UNCON or getting broken bones rather than the auto death that happens now unless it's head shots.

11. Advantages/Disadvantages to types of shoes or going shoeless. I know right now going shoeless seems to only have advantages so obviously there needs to be some disadvantages created for that but I think it's a little extreme to give players automatic bleeding damage as that's unrealistic but, there definitely should be some drawbacks to going shoeless besides people's ire. The volume on footsteps definitely needs to be turned down as the noise generated by moving in running shoes is going to greatly differ from running in work boots, hiking boots, etc IRL. but I definitely think there needs to be some variation in advantages/disadvantages with shoe choice beyond "do I want to sound like a herd of cattle running through the streets or like a slightly less stealthy ninja?"

12. Hunger/thirst levels dropping/replenishing need to be a bit more realistic. I can understand getting thirsty if you've ran for miles and miles without stopping but there's a reason you don't come across dozens of dead dehydrated bodies when you go for a morning or midday jog around the local track IRL. I understand that time is moving much faster in game than IRL but can we just make it a little bit more realistic than dropping dead over the equivalent of what would be a jog around the block in reality? And hunger is even worse. I get it that your player isn't sitting down to a feast at every meal but for Christ's sakes no one gets that hungry that quickly nor does anyone drop dead almost immediately once their stomach starts growling.

13. I don't think I need to mention the frame drops, crashes, glitches etc., as it's obvious the devs are well aware of those issues.

14. I'd like to see more weather variance. Everything from a warm sunny day to hurricane's and tornadoes would be cool but obviously being Chenarus is an actual real life place I get it that weather patterns in game would probably be more consistent with how the weather actually is in real life there.

Lastly....

15. Loot regeneration! While I consider myself pretty breezy and ultimately extremely satisfied with DayZ in it's current form to the point where even though there are things I'd like to see fixed, changed or implemented, I genuinely dig this game to the point where It would be a safe assessment to say I'm addicted considering I have stacks of new games that I haven't even unwrapped because all I do is play this however, there just doesn't seem to be any sort of discernible schedule or pattern on the regeneration of loot and I don't mean just in the military bases and tents. I understand the desire to make gun regen a little more random and based purely on luck at times but normal provisions sometimes seem unrealistically unpredictable. I mean tons of apple trees and zero apples EVER! supermarkets/stores with nary a can good? I wish I could eat head lamps because if I could I'd be fat af considering there are way too many of those in game and has anyone seen where all the duct tape and pu scopes have gone? Plenty of potatoes sitting in the back seats of rotting cars though. lol this doesn't make any sense! I'm just saying maybe not everything has to be soooooo random is all.

Other than that I love the game and appreciate just the fact that it's on Xbox as I spent many a year being a bitter beaver watching other players with gaming pc's play a game that I desperately wanted to play but couldn't! which is why as I said in #15 I genuinely dig this game and even if nothing changed I'd still be perfectly content as it's just a game unlike any other I've ever played and have never once found myself bored in any way whatsoever. Even while jogging for an hour completely lost, circling the map through the forests and making no contact with other players the entire time. DayZ is truly an awesome game that makes me a bit confused when you hear people who've never played, used to play or just try and shit all over the game and complain about it because there is no game (at least anything I've ever played or seen) that's like this. The endless possibilities, the randomness, the experiences, etc you just don't find this with any other game and that's why it doesn't make sense that so many people piss and moan over stuff that in the grand scheme of things are pretty minimal or understandable considering the size, scope and variation that this game is. I've heard people say it's "unplayable" When? when has that ever actually happened because every time I log on it works just fine. Sure there are glitches here and there, sure there are advantages that some players who would probably suck without them will take, sure it's not perfect but unplayable? Sucks? I don't know what the hell you're talking about when you say things like that. You're obviously playing the wrong game as far as I'm concerned. Maybe DayZ just isn't for you?    

Tried assembly a car today... Holy crap that is some tedious work. 

Even with 3-4 guys each going in seperate directions to find all parts it could take a week. 

Every single one of you that have a running car have stood out side a row of garages and server hopped right there. 

What the developers don't understand is that THEY encourage this behaviour by making the game too unlogic. RNG spawn is shit really. 

Lets say i find a spawned car in pavlovo. It's missing 2 tires, sparkplug, radiator, battery and need two jeep cans of petrol and water and 2 cans of oil. 

So i jog to zelenogorsk and check all those garages (guessing roughly 25 around the city) and find 1 tyre and one car battery. 

Next town with more than 3 garages are myctovbka and after that its vybor. Lets say i find 1 more tyre in those two cities. Now i'm carrying roughly 80 slots (large backpack) with 3 items out of 9 and I need to go back to the car to dump off these parts. This is 3 hours worth of looting/jogging. And 3 cities that i now know don't have any of the other missing parts. Where to next? Chernogorsk? Elektro? Another 4-5 hours and I might find jack shit. All while the car is just sitting there... ready to be hijacked from someone that have the missing parts but have not managed to find a car because they are spawnable and very random even with the help of the app. 

Nah... Don't like it a bit. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

Tried assembly a car today... Holy crap that is some tedious work. 

All while the car is just sitting there... ready to be hijacked from someone that have the missing parts but have not managed to find a car because they are spawnable and very random even with the help of the app. 

Nah... Don't like it a bit. 

Sure its tedious, Im not doing it again. but . .. . if you want to  . . . find a barrel, or chest or bag. Hide them somewhere where people might not find it. look for a car nearby. strip the good bits off it and put them in the storage - wheels, radiator etc. Go looking for the other bits, wheels, doors, and a can of gasolene etc. store them too. Only finish building the car when you have 99% of it. worked for me. Fit doors to it, because every zombie will be drawn to the noise as you drive through towns. Youre pretty much a sitting duck for players too. . .. but players didnt kill me nor the zombies . . . maybe the cars are fine now, but I am not going to try it . .. .

Edited by aux7

1 hour ago, bent.toe said:

Next town with more than 3 garages are myctovbka and after that its vybor.

If you're just searching garages then you're doing it wrong.  Car parts typically spawn in every known industrial spawn point.  

After a week a friend and I had 3-4 cars running and that was only playing casually.  Seems like you just don't know how to go about it.  yet.

10 hours ago, Parazight said:

If you're just searching garages then you're doing it wrong.  Car parts typically spawn in every known industrial spawn point.  

After a week a friend and I had 3-4 cars running and that was only playing casually.  Seems like you just don't know how to go about it.  yet.

Hmm.. 3-4 cars? What do you need that many for? 

Yeah, obviously i'm doing it wrong. What i should be doing is server hopping and duplicating car parts. 

Edited by bent.toe
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, bent.toe said:

Hmm.. 3-4 cars? What do you need that many for?

At one point, we used cars as storage devices seeing as how other means of persistence weren't reliable.  Cars would never wipe.  We'd keep all the good crap in the cars and let the bases that we'd continually reconstruct despawn.  It was also a thing to do.  See how many cars we could assemble and try and break that record.  Or them. Desyncing around Vybor.

6 hours ago, Parazight said:

At one point, we used cars as storage devices seeing as how other means of persistence weren't reliable.  Cars would never wipe.  We'd keep all the good crap in the cars and let the bases that we'd continually reconstruct despawn.  It was also a thing to do.  See how many cars we could assemble and try and break that record.  Or them. Desyncing around Vybor.

Ok.. Yeah i can see how they could work as mobile camps. Storage space is 300 slots, pretty decent.