Sign in to follow this  
gambla

Option to place barrel - bug ?

Hey guys,

how does this option work ? I see the "ghost" barrel but how do I "confirm" the place I've chosen for the barrel ? Holding the left mouse button doesn't do anything here ?

thanks

I don’t think that works. Just drop it roughly in the right place with the g key. 

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, gambla said:

thanks, eno

No problem!

it works fine for me (vanilla server), but its very picky with the environnement you try to place the barrel

flat ground, not too close to trees/bushes/rocks, sometimes even in high grass it doesn't work. Pretty much the same constraint than placing tents I guess

but yeah just dropping it works fine as well, I don't think it changes the persistance duration of the barrel

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, matiman said:

it works fine for me (vanilla server), but its very picky with the environnement you try to place the barrel

flat ground, not too close to trees/bushes/rocks, sometimes even in high grass it doesn't work. Pretty much the same constraint than placing tents I guess

but yeah just dropping it works fine as well, I don't think it changes the persistance duration of the barrel

I only play vanilla and the one time I tried to place one it wouldn’t work for anything- so I just g dropped it. I’ll try again and see if I can make it work. It’d be nice to be able to organize barrels a little nicer. With that said inventory is so fucking glitched right now with the grids showing up or not or half or Greyed out... fuck sakes. 

all the inventory inventory glitches are from far the most annoying bugs introduced by 1.01... I hope this will be fix on the next patch

Unless the server you're playing on has BuildAnywhere, you're going to find it hard to place anything. The ground has to be perfectly flat to place anything. Pressing and holding the left mouse button will place the barrel.

If you put the barrel too close to trees, it will foat and unable to open. Bug ticket allready filled