ImpulZ

DayZ 1.0 is launching on Xbox One on March 27th!

Survivors!

We have some good news for the Xbox Players among you.

Tonight on Inside Xbox, we've announced that our upcoming game update on March 27 will be a big one - and that we will actually be launching the game out of Game Preview! Before we say anything else, we want to thank each and every one of you in the community for your help over the past months. It has been largerly thanks to your help and feedback that our development teams in Bratislava and Prague managed to improve the game in many areas, and we think that the March 27 update truly brings some very good changes towards making the DayZ experience better.

We'll tease bits of those changes below, but in case you missed the live show, you want to do something else first. Along with the announcement, we've premiered our Cinematic Trailer called Every Day is a New Story. As you probably know by now, some of the best moments in DayZ happen when you fully immerse yourself into the world of Chernarus and just live in the moment. The precious moment when you really care about what's happening in the game, when your heart is racing because of adrenaline shootout or an emotional, roleplayed interaction with other players. The moment when you're living your own survival story.

Our trailer celebrates this unique storytelling feature of DayZ by presenting a cinematic interpretation of one of the stories that can happen to you in the game every day - and also bears a message that even when everything seems lost, there is always something worth fighting for.

For those interested, the trailer is of course using DayZ assets, but was made in the Unreal Cinematic Editor with a little help of our friends in the Vigor team - thank you guys! 

The 1.0 launch update - what's coming

And now for the update itself! On March 27, we'll be bringing over all of the changes of the PC 1.01 update - in short, that means persistence fixes, better server performance, improved inventory performance, new weapons and scope, and more! In addition to these, we'll also bring in new things specific to Xbox. There's quite a few of those, so let's just cover the main ones in bullet points:

•  improved rendering performance (should prevent many FPS drops in graphics and audio)
  •  optimized inventory performance (improvements in performance when you have a lot of items around you on Xbox)
  •  better inventory interaction (changes in UI and better navigation in inventory, bugfixes)
  •  new controller layout
  •  introducing some missing controls (hold breath, leaning, dodging, better optics interactions...)
  •  general improvements to player controls
  •  night time improvements

We'll bring the full changelog on the day of release, but get ready - it will be a long one! Once again, thank you for your feedback and reporting all issues. While this is an important milestone for DayZ, we'll keep on improving even after the launch and your feedback will still be critical. We already have a year full of updates ahead of us, bringing in new content, things like mouse and keyboard support or going more in depth with some of the core gameplay features. 

See you all in Chernarus on March 27th - meanwhile, keep your eyes on our social media channels! We will be sharing more.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

I am very curious to know, when will private servers be added to Xbox? 

very excited for 1.0 to be released, just waiting to be able to play a server of my own :) #dayznumber1

so you didnt fix duping and invisibility ?  Those are the main problems on xbox and you guys didnt even mention or admit to it once on the inside xbox live...  Get that fixed.. and once again that mic button has to be able to stay on, cause right now you have to push it everytime.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

You also didn't create single player servers that everyone has been asking for to get rid of spawn hopping and ghosting in. This is also your main problem when it comes to duplicating equipment.  How about listening to the people and stop dropping the ball with every update. I went from excited to disappointed fast and in a hurry when you tweeted out you don't have single charter servers. Witch means you fixed absolutley nothing with duping and player bases are 100% will be worthless. Figure it out guys...

• Beans 1

On 3/13/2019 at 5:33 AM, Kyle Millington said:

very excited for 1.0 to be released, just waiting to be able to play a server of my own :) #dayznumber1

As of now, they said no on a Twitter feed

Ooo, I like that changelog! Glad there is improvements to inventory and performance!

On 3/13/2019 at 6:33 AM, Kyle Millington said:

very excited for 1.0 to be released, just waiting to be able to play a server of my own 🙂 #dayznumber1

I watched their Xbox livestream recently, I think they said that it is in the works.

Edited by SCMNomad

Is base building sorted yet , dont want to spend time on a build just to find out all that work for nothing when it all disappears with server reset

Very disappointing when that happens ...

Xbox one Dayz player 

Edited by I FR3D I

9 minutes ago, I FR3D I said:

Is base building sorted yet , dont want to spend time on a build just to find out all that work for nothing when it all disappears with server reset

Very disappointing when that happens ...

Xbox one Dayz player 

Well on PC bases do not de-spawn any more.... But to build a base is still pretty worthless. People just need one single badly damaged hatchet to come inside. They simply break down the lower wall and then crawl through the lower wall foundation. From then, if the they are big-time griefers, they can easily dismantle everything from the inside. They actually get something back from it as well, as when you dismantle something you get like half of the nails and wood back, which they then can use for their own base...

• Thanks 1

I built last base on a building ..so getting in was a task when on a ladder ..and metal parts on entry plus an 16 strong team of dayz  players 

We are 1NATZ ,(1 Nation )  xbox and  pc players. We know the drill 😜  

Just trying to find out if they fixed the issue  but thanks for reply ✔

On 3/15/2019 at 5:10 PM, Prenger875 said:

You also didn't create single player servers that everyone has been asking for to get rid of spawn hopping and ghosting in. This is also your main problem when it comes to duplicating equipment.  How about listening to the people and stop dropping the ball with every update. I went from excited to disappointed fast and in a hurry when you tweeted out you don't have single charter servers. Witch means you fixed absolutley nothing with duping and player bases are 100% will be worthless. Figure it out guys...

I'm a bit curious... Create single player servers? 

How would that work? You join a server and then it's locked for the other 59 players? 

Maybe you mean OFFLINE mode. 

Is DayZ coming for PS4 because myself and ALOT of other people has been waiting for 5 years now and since it’s been realesed for Xbox I’m just confused of why there hasn’t been an announcement yet

Edited by Yungix

(For Xbox)Fix your game please. Every time I’m fully looted and there is a ton of zombies near me, the game freezes up and next thing you know I’m knocked out and they kill me. Any city is a death trap because of lag.

Edited by Jack Short