Sign in to follow this  
emuthreat

Official Cinematic Trailer

4 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

As I ask a question: Which advertising we see reflects a product today 1: 1? This is the normal way of advertising "Today"

I like the trailer. He looks good, a real cinematography, and tells a single "possible" story that can happen in DayZ. One of 100 or 1000 possible stories. So a comparison is "unrealistic" for the whole product ... because it's just a small "excerpt" of it.

Actually as of the last 8 - 10 or so years gamers have made a point to tell developers not to make overly flashy cinematic trailers as they don’t represent the game in any real fashion , especially in a game where half of its content is missing still . 

This would have been a given not to produce an overly flashy (read : fake) trailer if this were the dayz devs from a couple years ago ...

But alas , we have the only-interested-in -flashy-sale-promos devs of 2019 , so now we have to deal with the backlash of all the new players saying “why can’t I dismember people, scar them or trap zombies inside of buildings to kill other players”? And then we will just quit instead of trying to provide them answers lol as by that time we still won’t have helicopters , bicycles , soft skills , shooting from vehicles , advanced cooking , less than lethal weapons , birds , bears , and that couple dozen weapons that they teased but never released .

Time to seriously get moving dayz devs , you can’t keep working on trailers forever - eventually you will have to come out of that cave and finish our game for us.

14 hours ago, emuthreat said:

I'm not sure if that is a good analogy.  Iron eagle was pretty dope.  They also had a much shorter interval between sequels.  Top Gun is fixed to take 34 years to produce a sequel.

So yeah.... just gonna leave that there.

I will not sit idly by as you lump F16s in the same category of movies as our beloved F14. 

I will reserve our inevitable duel for another forum since this will be off topic, at another time having provided you with sufficient opportunity to realize the errors in your ways.

DCS just released their tomcat module, btw. Worth a peek. 

• Beans 1

13 hours ago, aux7 said:

looks like a film I would buy a blue ray of, not one to see at the cinema though

do people still buy blue Ray's?  hell do people even download torrents instead anymore?

Okay.  So I know it was just a cinematic trailer.

But just for the sake of discussion, how many of the elements included in the game are:
1.  In the official backlog of previously disclosed planned features.
2.  Included in the trailer and currently feasible or already seen in mods.
3.  Included in the trailer and possibly not feasible even in the year after principal development completes (feature backlog and .62 feature parity completeness)?

1.  Amusement park rides; I have already seen this type of environment flavor modded, and IIRC they *might* already be working on such a thing as an official map update.
  Litter strewn about the streets, and buildings, additional barricades; suggested as likely in future "devastation passes" to map.
  Dynamic scarring; planned and announced.  No idea how detailed or precise, though.
  Lighters; supposedly already in the game files.
  Barricading doors;  disclosed as planned feature, but without mention of how or with which materials.
  Opening doors with gunfire; yes please.  Bring this back.  It was nice to unlock and render doors slightly ajar from a distance. Maybe hard to fine-tune for realism, but already done in a manner before, and certainly possible.

2.  The daisy decal on the protagonist's backpack; ask @Baroness.  As for putting on decals in the game... I expect it would be much more complex, and likely involve predesignating decal locations in the item's model, and basically work so that applying a decal would simply exchange that item for the appropriately skinned design.
  Dextroamphetamine tabs; I'm just gonna put this here because I'm not a data miner--probably likely, and easily possible.
  Recordable cassette tapes and playback capable radio/stereo units;  I'm tenatively putting this in the list because I've seen portable radios in previous (0.60 or 0.61?) patches, and we can broadcast voice, and items such as flare or landmines have the capability to have stored triggerable audio.  I can't speak to the feasibility of a player recorded cassette saving that sound file to the server as attached a distinct persistent item, let alone the functionality of proper playback; but I wanna think it is possible given the current tech.
  Using zombies as traps; this one is borderline, but I'll humor myself.  Maybe if they do a little AI tweaking that allows us to modify traits and behavior based on feeding zeds or wolves (or bears..) some raw meat or Dex pills,  they can be made much stronger more threatening to the point that traps of this nature are feasible.
  Zombie hoard behavior & multiple states of arousal/detection sensor capability/movement profile;  this seems possible to achieve through existing tech.  And I hope they will work on this much more in the near future.  I was already impressed by how eating food laying flat on the floor would bring back all the zombies who'd already cooled off their aggro.

3.  Photographs; while never mentioned or outwardly stated as planned content, a polaroid-type camera would be pretty neat for ransom notes or calling cards to leave at bases.
  Dynamic set pieces such as a swinging swing set; probably not gonna happen.
  Customizable signage/graffiti; haven't seen any suggestion that this is planned or will be possible given the current state of map interactivity--bullet holes being the only ability of the player to even temporarily "decal" the map in-game.
  Complete darkness in physically occluded areas;  I think this has come up in the past, and it has been mentioned that it's not quite that easily done--i.e. closing the doors to the Tisy bunkers for complete darkness at daytime.

Is there anything that I missed or miscategorized here?  Thoughts?

I'd also like to add that I appreciated the continuity of the final scene regarding the hand-off of the shotgun, with the man having fired, but not cycling the action, and the woman cycling the action to eject the spent shell.  That was a nice touch that accurately reflects how the game works.

13 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Okay.  So I know it was just a cinematic trailer.

But just for the sake of discussion, how many of the elements included in the game are:
1.  In the official backlog of previously disclosed planned features.
2.  Included in the trailer and currently feasible or already seen in mods.
3.  Included in the trailer and possibly not feasible even in the year after principal development completes (feature backlog and .62 feature parity completeness)?

Unfortunately it was a cinematic trailer, not a representation of actual gameplay, showing dolled up representations of "potential" game play. It skated (in my opinion ) that thin line between legal and illegal. Other games have been pulled up on showing "produced" video as actual gameplay. They have nicely avoided this, but its still not right for me. Dont get me wrong, it looked great. If it was a film, I would probably watch it . . . but I didnt really see anything that could be put into current gameplay and given the track record for changing, improving, releasing things I wouldnt hold my breath anyway . . .

reality for me at the moment, I play the game for what it is, and other than the KOS I enjoy it. Some aspects of the gameplay, I find clunky and unrealistic (aging of tools - axe, spade, tin opener etc and weapons components - silencers a magazine and they are dead. three magazines and the weapon is damaged. Lets ignore the ballistics and weapon behaviour issues, I still play arma 2 so I can get my weapons fix there). I would like some modifications, and would like to see a plan for future features and fixes. Its why I joined this forum.

re

point 1 - do we have  a link to disclosed actually planned features? From where I am sitting, they seem to be resisting putting out a road map for this year?

point 2 - people and the game already trap zombies into rooms, not sure they are deliberately traps for the next visitor, but sometimes you have to be careful when opening doors when you can hear a zombie nearby but not see them.

15 hours ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

do people still buy blue Ray's?  hell do people even download torrents instead anymore?

yeah thats me, dont have quite the bandwidth to stream . . .

no worries

here you get caught downloading illegally or torrenting illegally you can be fined. And it can be a very large fine.

Five euros for a blueray, instead of ten to twenty euros for the cinema, instead of a fine that can run to  4 figures. Its an easy decision

Edited by aux7

8 hours ago, aux7 said:

point 1 - do we have  a link to disclosed actually planned features? From where I am sitting, they seem to be resisting putting out a road map for this year?

point 2 - people and the game already trap zombies into rooms, not sure they are deliberately traps for the next visitor, but sometimes you have to be careful when opening doors when you can hear a zombie nearby but not see them.

To point one:  Sadly, I can only feel that I have a good understanding of the intended finished product from playing straight through basically from 2015, and paying close attention to the status reports.  I'm not aware of any comprehensive list, per se.  The more recent status reports do more to mention which intended features  will not be in the more proximal updates, rather than stating what is intended to be implemented; for reasons quite obvious by this point.  From the outside looking in, it seems reasonable to assume content parity with .62 as a minimum feature list; but this leaves out old favorites such as the broom...

And as for zombie traps, maybe three zombies in a room is enough to spook someone now, but maybe not be a certain death.  I haven't had much screen time lately, I'll probably have to try playing with them more.

Mostly my post was a measured response to all the claims of fraud and *borderline illegality* which i didn't quite understand.  Seems a lot like people are just jumping on the hysterical hate train.  And most of the stuff in the trailer wasn't even too far off, so it's hard for me to understand the kneejerk reactions.

BOOMBOXES AND CASSETTE TAPES CONFIRMED!!!!!!  OH GOD, IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK!!!!!!!!!

• Beans 2

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

BOOMBOXES AND CASSETTE TAPES CONFIRMED!!!!!!  OH GOD, IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK!!!!!!!!!

well...

It was a leaked model from like 0.50 times.  I have no idea if there are currently any plans to implement this.

I don't expect a yea or nea either way, but hey.