Sign in to follow this  
emuthreat

Official Cinematic Trailer

Sooooo. I guess it's my job to do this here...

Come on guys, please maintain your own in-house platform.  Pleeeeeeease.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Beans 3

To advertise Xbox in the pc section? I don’t get it- can we cut people’s faces with designs now and hang dismembered limbs from windows? 

I do like how the guys with the motorcycle helmets appear to be pompous dickheads (I had to watch without sound)- pretty standard issue murderball on those jagoffs but overall I don’t think that represented anything in game other than most players in motorcycle helmets are fucking douche rockets. (IMO)

Edited by eno
  • Beans 1

Hey, it's better than the PC trailers...  mea culpa.

I did check the XBOX forums first.

Point is, they are producing professional quality marketing materials.  And we know PC gets the first look.  Can't wait to see scarring implemented.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Like 1

2 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Can't wait to see scarring implemented

And sitting in armchairs !!  ( this is really my main AIM in DayZ - I want to BE the dude in the office relaxing with the baseball bat full of nails - I IDENTIFY) .. And the "douch rockets" reflect  the real game, right?  I noticed that rain is emphasized and zombies are de-emphasized - that's also accurate. 
Like it.

I'd go for body parts in shop windows in the DayZ game, and scars, def - and bring back flies too.. perfect.
If the folk who make the vid have added stuff because it builds Drama &  Atmosphere - then PUT it in the Game!

Make 10-20 different short fast clips half as long as that ( as short as 1 - 2 mins instead of 4) and spread them Totally Everywhere.

Edited by pilgrim*

shall I be the first to say,  . . I dont have a motorcycle helmet . ..

3 hours ago, emuthreat said:

And we know PC gets the first look.

Do we get an update too? Didnt seem so clear to me. Seems that xbox gets our updates/fixes or?

From Impulz's statement, it seems to be all xbox

48 minutes ago, aux7 said:

Do we get an update too? Didnt seem so clear to me. Seems that xbox gets our updates/fixes or?

From Impulz's statement, it seems to be all xbox

All game updates are coming to PC first, content/features are identical (with slight delay on the Xbox version due to porting/certification processes).

kind of disappointing that they're promoting it as pure pvp.  it needs a fucking disclaimer: 'you can also live in the woods off of mushrooms and deer and seldom even hear a shot fired'.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 4

1 hour ago, ImpulZ said:

All game updates are coming to PC first, content/features are identical (with slight delay on the Xbox version due to porting/certification processes).

thanks

1 hour ago, ImpulZ said:

So now this is announced, maybe we can take a look at the patchnotes? 🤗

2 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

so will there be a complete clear out of bases/buried loot/barrels/personal inventory or no clear out?

Or do we get to keep only what we carry (personal inventory)?

in trailer...there should be survivor eating whole sheep raw and then running naked in freezing rain.thanks.

• Haha 2
  • Beans 1

48 minutes ago, aux7 said:

so will there be a complete clear out of bases/buried loot/barrels/personal inventory or no clear out?

Or do we get to keep only what we carry (personal inventory)?

The Xbox release will bring a complete wipe of map and characters (on Xbox).

26 minutes ago, aux7 said:

and for pc?

We've already had our release.  Why would they wipe us again?

Of course, the video has excellent artistic performance. It is very interesting to watch to get an idea about the game. Excellent advertising game. But this may be the subject of claims, as there are many details in the video of which does not exist in the game, or cannot be reproduced in the game:
- making your own signboard ads
- device attractive traps using zombies. Perhaps animal meat or blood, from an airtight container, can attract zombies to their destination from the neighborhood, just like it attracts sharks. (I am trying to present a reconstruction of the episode with three locked in a room.)
- homemade items of defense and attack
etc. Or are there plans to develop this?
Perhaps I am mistaken about such a reaction of the consumer.

Edited by lex__1

i like this thread at reddit...people have to remember that its just cinematic trailer,made with unreal engine.game doesent look like that at all.

but really,there is way too much gap in that trailer and actual game.

Edited by kopo79
  • Beans 5

1 hour ago, kopo79 said:

i like this thread at reddit...people have to remember that its just cinematic trailer,made with unreal engine.game doesent look like that at all.

but really,there is way too much gap in that trailer and actual game.

Yuuuuuup. It's in no way a good representation of the game in my opinion, maybe the core message yes but not every other part of it. But then again I'm never interested in non gameplay trailers since they can be everything and anything but the real deal. But sure, I get it, the trailer is to convey the feel of the game... I hope they've put a little bit more effort in the coming update and that they did not put too much staff on this thing instead. Reddit seems really worried and freaking pissed at this moment.

Edited by Brandon Clinch
  • Beans 1

It's like they're advertising Top Gun but yet producing Iron Eagle.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, eno said:

It's like they're advertising Top Gun but yet producing Iron Eagle.

I'm not sure if that is a good analogy.  Iron eagle was pretty dope.  They also had a much shorter interval between sequels.  Top Gun is fixed to take 34 years to produce a sequel.

So yeah.... just gonna leave that there.

• Confused 1

Nice trailer! What game is that? :)
Ok, yeah. Nice cinematic trailer. Very little to do with the game that goes by the same name on my steam library.
That kind of advertising DayZ needs. If i would be 18 years old console player. I would by that game.

1 hour ago, Seitan said:

Nice trailer! What game is that? 🙂
Ok, yeah. Nice cinematic trailer. Very little to do with the game that goes by the same name on my steam library.

+1

looks like a film I would buy a blue ray of, not one to see at the cinema though

Edited by aux7

20 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

We've already had our release.  Why would they wipe us again? 

I was hoping/thinking that they might give us some updates/fixes at the same time

• Beans 1

As I ask a question: Which advertising we see reflects a product today 1: 1? This is the normal way of advertising "Today"

I like the trailer. He looks good, a real cinematography, and tells a single "possible" story that can happen in DayZ. One of 100 or 1000 possible stories. So a comparison is "unrealistic" for the whole product ... because it's just a small "excerpt" of it.