Sign in to follow this  
Rekurv

Allow holding a torch/ glowstick and a melee weapon/pistol simultaniously.

I really like night time play but unless you have a head torch, it can be brutal as f&^k. One thing that would make it much more enjoyable, is if we could put a torch/ glowstick in one hand and a melee weapon/ pistol/ sub-machine gun in another. As it stands our only choice is to fight zombies in the pitch black or have a torch in one hand yet no weapon in the other. It doesn't take 2 hands to hold a glowstick/torch. Implementing this would make night time play a lot more fun/ realistic.

Having said that I really like how the night time play has been worked on. Its no longer 12 hours of night (fantastic, though needs a little tweaking) and I find it hard to use my software gamma slider now. It just seems to 'bleach' out the screen, forcing me to use a glowstick or torch. 

The glowstick is a perfect amount of light (as in real life they pretty much suck and are best used as a last resort unless trying to remain unnoticed). The crafted torch, however, I find should give of slightly more light. Anyways that's just small tweaks. Loving the night time in general...

Edited by Rekurv
typo
  • Beans 2

have my beans friend

I'm going a bit further and would like to be able to attach a glow stick to the backpack straps (and may be to a combat/tactical vest as well), and be able to carry your rifle in the meantime.

If I remember well this was possible in the mod, and this is absolutly realistic (most of glow sticks have a small hook exactly for this use)

Obviously this should work for glowstick only, and not for torch or flare

Edited by matiman
  • Beans 2

51 minutes ago, matiman said:

have my beans friend

I'm going a bit further and would like to be able to attach a glow stick to the backpack straps (and may be to a combat/tactical vest as well), and be able to carry your rifle in the meantime.

If I remember well this was possible in the mod, and this is absolutly realistic (most of glow sticks have a small hook exactly for this use)

Obviously this should work for glowstick only, and not for torch or flare

Yes that would be great ! Maybe even the ability to attach a torch with duct tape to a rifle could be a thing also...

• Beans 1

23 minutes ago, Rekurv said:

Yes that would be great ! Maybe even the ability to attach a torch with duct tape to a rifle could be a thing also... 

you know you can already attach a torch to most weapons - sg5 k, usg 45, cr 75, fx45, M4, and KA m?

10 minutes ago, aux7 said:

you know you can already attach a torch to most weapons - sg5 k, usg 45, cr 75, fx45, M4, and KA m?

Yeah I meant the civilian torch with a DIY duct tape version, kinda like the bottle suppressor. Just to give people more freedom to move and fight at night. Duct tape and flashlights are pretty easy to find.

sure, ok its an interesting idea. opens up more weapons to lights .. . and yeah I see plenty of flashlights  . . . .