Hahahahagyvd

VoIP?

I noticed on Xbox voice doesn’t travel or get less hard to hear, is this just part of Xbox’s policy?

Not sure if it's policy or technical. Hopefully something they'll build on. Other audio works pretty well for direction and volume over distance so hopefully possible to do it with voip too. I have noticed that the megaphone audio travels further than voice so it must be possible. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Not sure if it's policy or technical. Hopefully something they'll build on. Other audio works pretty well for direction and volume over distance so hopefully possible to do it with voip too. I have noticed that the megaphone audio travels further than voice so it must be possible. 

With the mega phone and the PA systems I know it works like it does on pc, hopefully they can find a way to change it. 

my guess is the VOIP is actually handled by xbox... it sounds the same as if you were in a party with someone.

would really like to see the fade added though, so you know when your going out of range

• Like 1

In my opinion, this is what has happened:

• VOIP, when you could push down D pad twice, was like proximity chat, you could tell where the person was and the voice faded with distance.
  • When they switched to the push to talk it now sounds like Xbox party chat

I think that they are working on a solution to be able to talk in party chat and game chat through Xbox game chat.   

PLEASE DEVS!!!!!  I would prefer to go out of party chat and press game chat to have the proximity chat feel!!!!!!!! 

The Xbox party and voip problem with Xbox ( the technical side ). It was never intended to feature both at the same time.

If Xbox doesn't change that, which is likely, we will have a huge issue tbh. Communication is part of DayZ so Xbox should help the devs here.

Edited by xhardcorefishx

21 minutes ago, xhardcorefishx said:

The Xbox party and voip problem with Xbox ( the technical side ). It was never intended to feature both at the same time.

If Xbox doesn't change that, which is likely, we will have a huge issue tbh. Communication is part of DayZ so Xbox should help the devs here.

You’re right in that Microsoft handles party chat. Developers are not allowed to integrate their game chat functionality with party chat for privacy reasons.

I think it’s really up to the players if they want to go the full blown immersion style of using two way radios to communicate long distances with friends. That way, one is able to chat with random players in game.

Party chat, being the far quicker and easier means of communicating with friends ends up preventing the ability to talk to others, which tends to exacerbate the kos mentality.

15 hours ago, Nayte said:

You’re right in that Microsoft handles party chat. Developers are not allowed to integrate their game chat functionality with party chat for privacy reasons.

I think it’s really up to the players if they want to go the full blown immersion style of using two way radios to communicate long distances with friends. That way, one is able to chat with random players in game.

Party chat, being the far quicker and easier means of communicating with friends ends up preventing the ability to talk to others, which tends to exacerbate the kos mentality.

Exactly 

On 3/14/2019 at 10:14 AM, Seen it All said:

In my opinion, this is what has happened:

• VOIP, when you could push down D pad twice, was like proximity chat, you could tell where the person was and the voice faded with distance.
  • When they switched to the push to talk it now sounds like Xbox party chat

Im not sure what version of the game you played but, i never remember the voice fade with distance. Been playing since day one an the 1st 2 weeks i never got in a party just messages to find out were my people were. It always to me sounded like a regular voip. I even tried looking in my options to see if i can change from directly to proxy an no settings for it. I do miss the double down to keep chat on though.

On 3/12/2019 at 10:13 AM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

So Sea of Thieves has proxy chat an it works really good but Microsoft had a big hand in the making of that game. So i personally think its a tech problem.