Sign in to follow this  
Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

IMPROVED FORUM IGNORE FUNCTION

Someone that's on ignore shouldn't be able to respond to a thread made by the person that put him/her/? on ignore. This is a very common feature seen on my forums.

I think this is a reasonable request. Can this be done please? Thank you.

That's not the way it works on any forum I've been a part of, nor would it, in my opinion, be beneficial to discussion and debate.

Eg: User "Bamb3eKill0r" makes thread asking for full-auto modes and hunting scope on pistols. I try to reply, but find he's blocked me for shooting down his previous "spawn with M107" idea.

No thank you.

7 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Someone that's on ignore shouldn't be able to respond to a thread made by the person that put him/her/? on ignore. This is a very common feature seen on my forums.

I think this is a reasonable request. Can this be done please? Thank you.

We will not try to enable such a feature, as it would allow users to decide who is allowed to participate in their discussions.

7 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

We will not try to enable such a feature, as it would allow users to decide who is allowed to participate in their discussions.

I'm being followed around and trolled by Guy Smiley. It's harassment and I want it to stop. He's a troll. He shouldn't be posting in my topics.

3 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

I'm being followed around and trolled by Guy Smiley. It's harassment and I want it to stop. He's a troll. He shouldn't be posting in my topics.

Report any post that he harasses you on.

16 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Report any post that he harasses you on.

I have to look at the post though and he's on ignore, that nulls the ignore function...or see his post in a quote I shouldn't have to deal with that. I don't want to give someone on ignore one second out of my life because they feed on it. If someone quotes someone that's on ignore, I see it. That's a poorly written ignore function. I've been on forums since the 90's...baseline ignore functions are pretty old. Pretty sure old vBulletin had this stock...can't remember though, been a while.

3 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

I have to look at the post though and he's on ignore, that nulls the ignore function...or see his post in a quote I shouldn't have to deal with that. I don't want to give someone on ignore one second out of my life because they feed on it. If someone quotes someone that's on ignore, I see it. That's a poorly written ignore function. I've been on forums since the 90's...baseline ignore functions are pretty old. Pretty sure old vBulletin had this stock...can't remember though, been a while.

Take him off ignore. If he harasses you enough and you report it, he'll be gone.