Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

No Status Reports, No Updates, Hello...???

what do you want a status report for, when you don't even read them.

With many internal changes in planning and how we approach update releases overall, we will also need to be rethinking how often and in what forms we're communicating with you. We still have a lot of brainstorming to do, but it's very likely that the frequency of development Status Reports will no longer follow the 2 week period. Instead, we'd like to think of ways how to more actively work with what's happening in the community, engage in the events organised by community server owners, and improve the direct communication across channels. 

Before the PC 1.0, we've made an attempt at Focused Feedback rounds with our game designers, and we'd like to get back to that idea when we know our developers can invest the time into carefully evaluating the feedback we receive on balancing, or specific game design topics. 

What we mentioned today is merely a fraction of things that are ahead of us this year; there's more to share down the road, but only when we're ready to talk about it. Once our internal roadmap is fleshed out, we will start our deep dive into how exactly DayZ will change this year.

let them work and, more or less, enjoy the game.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, HaseDesTodes said:

It's fair to ask a few questions when there's been silence for 6 weeks.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, preacherlr said:

If you write @ImpulZ in a comment or question he'll see it for sure AND answer it, if it's worth an answer.

So if you tried  << Anyone out there @ImpulZ ? >>   it would work 100% better than one more thread in the mass of general Me-Me shouting.

(and the answer is just easy - it's  "Yes")

If everyone starts a new thread every time they want to say anything (pretty much what happens now) , instead of LOOKING AROUND and joining a thread already ABOUT that subject, then after an hour or so  the new thread drops off the Activity, Topics & Recent Posts lists  -  and then probably - usually - NO ONE reads it at all.  A big wave of REAL SHORT ATTENTION SPAN has hit this Forum.

The general attitude seems to be " Who gives a shit ?  I don't want a DISCUSSION, I just want my comment in BOLD at the TOP of the Topic list for half an hour".

=IMO=

• Beans 1

9 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Anybody out there?

Yes. As you probably know, we released our 1.01 update in the middle of February and are since then working on the 1.02 update. More details will be announced in time.

7 hours ago, preacherlr said:

You probably want to check your social media filters, because not even four weeks ago we had our last major update with patchnotes, trailers etc, posted on Twitter, Facebook, dayz.com, our forums, discord and the DayZ Subreddit.

And that's just for major announcements, we answer questions on all previously mentioned channels almost every day.

As HaseDesTodes already mentioned, we made changes to our Status Report frequency with the new year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 3

9 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Anybody out there?

Pls dont disturb them, let them work.

Edited by hemmo
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, hemmo said:

Pls dont disturb them, let them work.

Also a bit too harsh. We have no issues with questions, that's something we at the Community Team are there for.

And yeah, sometimes the answer to the question should be pretty obvious or has been communicated before. But we are aware that there's always someone who misses the memo or needs to be brought up to speed again. Answering with the facts out there and sharing your knowledge is the solution.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

@ImpulZ When can we expect a balance pass? or if you can't give a timetable, are you guys looking into balancing? There's a lot of things that need it right now. Food  and drink drop rate on zombies is way too high, the thirst satiation values of food need to be nerfed or completely removed from some foods like powdered milk, cereal etc, Blood and HP regeneration is way too quick, base building HP values need tweaking. I know you guys are focused on the "big-boy" tasks like persistence and server optimization, but these small tweaks can really affect the game in a huge way and steer it back in the direction of being a survival game. Of course Survival still needs a lot of work, but I specifically pin-pointed out tweaks that don't require re-integration to the new engine or developing a new feature for. The common opinion of the playerbase right now is, "Where's the survival elements in this survival game?" 

Edited by repzaj1234
  • Beans 1

19 hours ago, HaseDesTodes said:

Please don't tell me what I do and don't do. How do you know what I do or don't do? I've read every single status report and I probably have more than double, probably triple your in-game hours. I've been idle and positive for years here, check the posts. The time is NOW to bring up major issues and I'm going to KEEP doing it. If you don't like it, hit that igrnore button and keep it moving my friend. Why do you even care? It's not like my complaints aren't valid. Stay in your lane and I'll stay in mine. Thank you.

Reports will no longer follow the 2 week period.

That was said on 1.25.19, that was exactly 43 days ago. The last talk of anything was 2.21.19 which was 15 days ago during the last Stable Update. Sorry if I want to know what's going on since then. Community Spotlight imo is a waste of time. It's completely misguided and targetting dull area's.

• Where is this picture from (again)
  • Check out this streamer (again)
  • Check out this youtuber community (like they need the publicity)
  • Look at a DayZ cookie
  • Xbox this Xbox that
  • A bunch of screens from the Steam db
  • Base builds (wow a bunch of walls)

I prefer talk about what's on the plate in experimental, what's being worked on, etc. Leak some stuff of what's coming next, that's how it's done to keep interest. Thats how it works in the big leagues.

Look at Fidov's Hidden Transport Mod. These are BI made vehicles right?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1577887588

Lets talk a little more about that! Are those still coming in as is, are there changes, etc. Thats cool stuff. People want cool stuff like new vehicles.

How about Jacob Mango/Not a Bananna's (w/JeromeK) BuilderItems mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1565871491

Thats like the best mod out there...these guys are crushing the mod scene. Nobody talks about it. It's not Eden, but it's prettty dam cool. I put 400+ hours into that mod already. It's better than playing the game! Why not interview the top modder scene instead of pumping up the streamers and youtubers or former alpha tester communities??  Maybe a showcase of the hottest mods?

FIDOv PACK 4: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1605653648

Look at all the NEW & EXCITING content in that mod, it's amazing! Look at all the model authors in that mod, it's insane. Like how does someone get all those people on board to make one single mod? Thats a cool story. 

Model Authors

1. SG 552 - Krycek
  2. PP19 - Krycek
  3. AS VAL -SAM61
  4. m9 - damkung13
  5. SCAR - Krycek
  6. TT -SAM61
  7. ACE 23- Alec Markarian \ Karti
  8. HX 762 - r_populik
  9. PBS4 - r_populik
  10. rpk - BOOLY
  11. KAC - everything
  12. colt1911 - WaedoeThanez
  13. m1 - KnechtRuprecht
  14. sr1m - SAM61
  15. r0tzbua 590 - Hemingway
  16. svt - sam61
  17. glock 18- tigg
  18. psg1 - Noodum, Krycek
  19. p99 - LATTEH
  20. axe - Yogensia
  21. VSS - Yuri Mamonov (SAM61)
  22. pn23 - Paul Yakushev
  23. nailgun \ CBJ-MS - syn
  24. m28+scope - SYN
  25. MAC10 - Kutejnikov \ KingstonCarte
  26. ak74um - Sarvs
  27. SR2 - The Edge
  28. 5.56 silencer -ImBrokeRU
  29. bandeage - elouisetrewartha
  30. м1935 Paul Yakushev Mr.Rifleman
  31. GSH-18 SAM61 Alexandr_I
  32. SIG SG550 -Krycek r_populik
  33. p220 -Noodum SAM61
  34. TOZ - SAM61
  35. ChinaLake - Kosai106
  36. k6-3 shamanoff oldhelm-VirtualBG
  37. vsk94-Adept1993
  38. ddm - Boolyq
  39. case-diaspora
  40. helmet seva - FIDOv
  41. K98 - SAM61
  42. CS5-Everything
  43. OTS - RedRogueX IIIIIacTyX
  44. MP44 - Saghen The Edge
  45. PM - SAM61
  46. M98B - 3DMaesen
  47. MP40 - Tactical_Beard
  48. Tactical Helmet - Simon Coenen
  49. USP - Chris Zirk

Maybe something in-game like the old Cherno Journo. That was cool stuff!

Maybe lets have a talk about the new bear pelt thats in the files. Looks pretty tight! When I bring up bears, players get super excited!

How about the plans for aircraft like how many and what styles are they thinking about? They don't have to commit and say we're getting x/y/z and worry about backlash if it doesn't happen. Maybe something like we've got plans for 3-5 aircraft. 2 helo's, maybe 2 planes, and some other bits and bobbles. Thats interesting is it not?

Another topic thats super interesting: New Food Recipies.

So many recipe options possible for DayZ. How hard can it be to add it into the game? I want to have a mess tin with cereal, some stuffed peppers, Jagacida (rice & beans), the list can go on and on. This is cool survival stuff. Maybe some talk about when tanning is coming back? The new leather outfits look awesome.

2 hours ago, repzaj1234 said:

@ImpulZ When can we expect a balance pass? or if you can't give a timetable, are you guys looking into balancing? There's a lot of things that need it right now. Food drop rate on zombies is way too high, the thirst satiation values of food need to be nerfed or completely removed from some foods like powdered milk, cereal etc, Blood and HP regeneration is way too quick, base building HP values need tweaking. I know you guys are focused on the "big-boy" tasks like persistence and server optimization, but these small tweaks can really affect the game in a huge way and steer it back in the direction of being a survival game. Of course Survival still needs a lot of work, but I specifically pin-pointed out tweaks that don't require re-integration to the new engine or developing a new feature for. The common opinion of the playerbase right now is, "Where's the survival elements in this survival game?" 

Server admins have control over all of that stuff. The current settings are placeholder for probably a variety of reasons. Who's even playing official servers anyway? All the top servers are community based. If the communities don't alter their files or add modded content, simply find a community that does. This really isn't a pressing question imo.

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)
  • Beans 2

So why exactly did it happen that around a year ago, I had to start using Twitter to stay abreast of DayZ information?  And why didn't you guys just come out and say it at the time, that the official DayZ forums were no longer the place where primary communication with the community was to occur?

I don't mean any offense by this, but it was pretty well-known among the community that most players could not behave themselves well enough to participate in these forums.  Reddit became the common gathering ground for outrage and baseless speculation, and the official forums slowly became more and more ignored by the company.
After the initial culture shock, I actually came to like these forums as a place where the worst of gamer culture did not spiral into a screeching cacophony of memes and edgy takes.  It was relatively free of the worst the internet had to offer, and questions were almost always answered by the community in short order.
The beginnings of Baty's tenure here, showed some of the most positive interaction between the community and the company. 

For a time, there was excellent support in terms of the ongoing stable and experimental discussion threads, where patch notes and in-game experiences were discussed in real time in one easy to find place.  It worked, it was accessible, and it was ALL in one easy to find place.
Too bad it was all during the vaporware years...

Oh boy, now I have to submit myself to another billion dollar tech giant whose unchecked power, autonomy, and direction of policies and practices I may not like or agree with.  And after all that, it is arguably still more difficult to find relevant information than it had been in the past.

You have your own platform here.  Embrace it, use it, godforbid even make it better... Maybe use FB and TWTR as a means to advertise your own domain, rather than forcing the community to join yet another ungodly sized 21st century herd of effectively zero choice.  /end rant

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

15 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

You have your own platform here.  Embrace it, use it, godforbid even make it better... Maybe use FB and TWTR as a means to advertise your own domain, rather than forcing the community to join yet another ungodly sized 21st century herd of effectively zero choice.  /end rant

dont worry bro, ur not alone.  I'm totally with u here and I'm sure many others are too.  I hate FB and use it as rarely as possible (dont think I've logged in in months)  and Twitter...... I'll shave off my badass moustache before I sign up for that garbage.  

Edited by FunkInYourTrunk
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

39 minutes ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Server admins have control over all of that stuff. The current settings are placeholder for probably a variety of reasons. Who's even playing official servers anyway? All the top servers are community based. If the communities don't alter their files or add modded content, simply find a community that does. This really isn't a pressing question imo.

Players that are new to the game and don't know any better. Even on the most popular community servers, only a few like DayZ Underground and NewDawn actually take the time to correct those values. We can't be delegating basic balancing to the server owners. They already have so much in their plate. 

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Please don't tell me what I do and don't do. How do you know what I do or don't do? I've read every single status report and I probably have more than double, probably triple your in-game hours. I've been idle and positive for years here, check the posts. The time is NOW to bring up major issues and I'm going to KEEP doing it. If you don't like it, hit that igrnore button and keep it moving my friend. Why do you even care? It's not like my complaints aren't valid. Stay in your lane and I'll stay in mine. Thank you.

I think you know i didn't mean that literally. In case you didn't, this is what i meant: "They wrote, that they will let us know when they have anything useful and new to say. Things like "we are working on a fix for XYZ" have been communicated often enough and are nothing for a SR. And announcing new/postponed features, before they are done and ready for testing within a short period of time has caused a lot of disappointment within the community, when they weren't ready as soon as expected.

I have no problem with bringing up issues, but IMO this is none, so i i was pointing you at what they communicated before.

I can understand your frustration, as you have much work because of issues with the game, BUT no one is forcing you to run a server. You do that by your own choice.

I don't think it's helpful to create so many topics, also the way you do it seems disrespectful to me. Maybe you should ask kindly for more frequent updates on progress, instead of this demanding tone. To me it seems that often when you post, you do it to vent your anger. And that's probably not helpful in the matter.

You probably have quadruple or so of my ingame time, but that's mostly because i play something different for a while when i get frustrated with the game. This helps me to get some distance and keep calm and patient.

So i guess you should consider doing the same once in a while, in case you can be replaced in your server admin position for a few days or even weeks.

BTT:

@ImpulZ

If you guys are really communicating many things through twitter exclusively (what emuthreat wrote seems a bit to me like you do), instead of the forums, you might want to hire a bot, that posts them in a topic on the forums.

I'm sure many other people are, like myself, not following your twitter (and/or not even own a twitter account).

If i remember correctly the forum had a twitter feed years ago (before the security breach and relaunch). That seemed useful, but maybe there is a better way.

• Beans 1

6 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

That was said on 1.25.19, that was exactly 43 days ago. The last talk of anything was 2.21.19 which was 15 days ago during the last Stable Update. Sorry if I want to know what's going on since then. Community Spotlight imo is a waste of time. It's completely misguided and targetting dull area's.

• Where is this picture from (again)
  • Check out this streamer (again)
  • Check out this youtuber community (like they need the publicity)
  • Look at a DayZ cookie
  • Xbox this Xbox that
  • A bunch of screens from the Steam db
  • Base builds (wow a bunch of walls)

I prefer talk about what's on the plate in experimental, what's being worked on, etc. Leak some stuff of what's coming next, that's how it's done to keep interest. Thats how it works in the big leagues.

Look at Fidov's Hidden Transport Mod. These are BI made vehicles right?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1577887588

Lets talk a little more about that! Are those still coming in as is, are there changes, etc. Thats cool stuff. People want cool stuff like new vehicles.

How about Jacob Mango/Not a Bananna's (w/JeromeK) BuilderItems mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1565871491

Thats like the best mod out there...these guys are crushing the mod scene. Nobody talks about it. It's not Eden, but it's prettty dam cool. I put 400+ hours into that mod already. It's better than playing the game! Why not interview the top modder scene instead of pumping up the streamers and youtubers or former alpha tester communities??  Maybe a showcase of the hottest mods?

FIDOv PACK 4: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1605653648

Look at all the NEW & EXCITING content in that mod, it's amazing! Look at all the model authors in that mod, it's insane. Like how does someone get all those people on board to make one single mod? Thats a cool story. 

Model Authors

1. SG 552 - Krycek
  2. PP19 - Krycek
  3. AS VAL -SAM61
  4. m9 - damkung13
  5. SCAR - Krycek
  6. TT -SAM61
  7. ACE 23- Alec Markarian \ Karti
  8. HX 762 - r_populik
  9. PBS4 - r_populik
  10. rpk - BOOLY
  11. KAC - everything
  12. colt1911 - WaedoeThanez
  13. m1 - KnechtRuprecht
  14. sr1m - SAM61
  15. r0tzbua 590 - Hemingway
  16. svt - sam61
  17. glock 18- tigg
  18. psg1 - Noodum, Krycek
  19. p99 - LATTEH
  20. axe - Yogensia
  21. VSS - Yuri Mamonov (SAM61)
  22. pn23 - Paul Yakushev
  23. nailgun \ CBJ-MS - syn
  24. m28+scope - SYN
  25. MAC10 - Kutejnikov \ KingstonCarte
  26. ak74um - Sarvs
  27. SR2 - The Edge
  28. 5.56 silencer -ImBrokeRU
  29. bandeage - elouisetrewartha
  30. м1935 Paul Yakushev Mr.Rifleman
  31. GSH-18 SAM61 Alexandr_I
  32. SIG SG550 -Krycek r_populik
  33. p220 -Noodum SAM61
  34. TOZ - SAM61
  35. ChinaLake - Kosai106
  36. k6-3 shamanoff oldhelm-VirtualBG
  37. vsk94-Adept1993
  38. ddm - Boolyq
  39. case-diaspora
  40. helmet seva - FIDOv
  41. K98 - SAM61
  42. CS5-Everything
  43. OTS - RedRogueX IIIIIacTyX
  44. MP44 - Saghen The Edge
  45. PM - SAM61
  46. M98B - 3DMaesen
  47. MP40 - Tactical_Beard
  48. Tactical Helmet - Simon Coenen
  49. USP - Chris Zirk

Maybe something in-game like the old Cherno Journo. That was cool stuff!

Maybe lets have a talk about the new bear pelt thats in the files. Looks pretty tight! When I bring up bears, players get super excited!

How about the plans for aircraft like how many and what styles are they thinking about? They don't have to commit and say we're getting x/y/z and worry about backlash if it doesn't happen. Maybe something like we've got plans for 3-5 aircraft. 2 helo's, maybe 2 planes, and some other bits and bobbles. Thats interesting is it not?

Another topic thats super interesting: New Food Recipies.

So many recipe options possible for DayZ. How hard can it be to add it into the game? I want to have a mess tin with cereal, some stuffed peppers, Jagacida (rice & beans), the list can go on and on. This is cool survival stuff. Maybe some talk about when tanning is coming back? The new leather outfits look awesome.

Xbox is a dull area? Its a shit show on consoles. Just because you're suffering doesn't mean Xbox and PS4 aren't either. We all deserve to have fun, no matter how much it seems devs are neglecting consoles (doubt thats the case)

• Beans 1

14 hours ago, HaseDesTodes said:

I think you know i didn't mean that literally. In case you didn't, this is what i meant: "They wrote, that they will let us know when they have anything useful and new to say. Things like "we are working on a fix for XYZ" have been communicated often enough and are nothing for a SR. And announcing new/postponed features, before they are done and ready for testing within a short period of time has caused a lot of disappointment within the community, when they weren't ready as soon as expected.

I only know what you type. I don't presume to know what you're thinking. Maybe IF I knew you, I don't. Thus...

There are a ton of prepubescent complainers out there and when you're a professional getting paid to work, why should capricious complaints from children have any effect on anything? Par for the course as they say. The goal is the product and sales. Little Timmy's purchasing power with Momma's credit card is about as real as the Loch Ness monster. Gamer demographics are 33 years-old and up. Men can handle stuff being late, cater to the money. To get hype you need to feed it with exciting content. I don't buy that line of thinking at all. If I'm out there hustling money, I don't care about kids in bibs or trolls being trolls. They're going to do it no matter what you do.

14 hours ago, HaseDesTodes said:

I don't think it's helpful to create so many topics, also the way you do it seems disrespectful to me. Maybe you should ask kindly for more frequent updates on progress, instead of this demanding tone. To me it seems that often when you post, you do it to vent your anger. And that's probably not helpful in the matter.

You probably have quadruple or so of my ingame time, but that's mostly because i play something different for a while when i get frustrated with the game. This helps me to get some distance and keep calm and patient.

So i guess you should consider doing the same once in a while, in case you can be replaced in your server admin position for a few days or even weeks.

Disrespectful? All I said in this OP was Anybody out there? I find your implications not only unwarranted, but also disrespectful to be perfectly honest.

I've been waiting 6 months for server messages...PATIENTLY. Eugen said it was a priortity to me 6 months ago. I've spoken with Sumrak for MONTHS on a tutorial for the CeEditor...PATIENTLY. But I guess better doors is more of a priority than a robust CLE for all communities to enjoy.

I don't care what you think. I care what I think. It's MY project, it's MY time, it's players in my community...I'm speaking for them and what they want. This has nothing to do with you. If you don't like it, tune into a different channel brother...simple. Let ME have my podium to speak on.

How about this, click my profile and look at my entire post+thread history. Then think about what you're going to say next.

My issues are valid and that is a fact. Now is the time and nothing is going to stop me. This is the time I chose to make my move and I'm going to continue to make calculated moves as I see fit.

Why are you trying to be my therapist? You're just fighting to fight now and defending your thoughts because your ego doesn't know how to concede. Your way isn't my way. You're a casual player, I'm not. I got thousands of people to think about, you don't.

Yea, great advice...I'll step down for a few days or weeks. Thats like literally impossible.

I don't come here to be taunted by posters, I just put them on ignore and keep moving. Reply if you want, I won't be reading it because you're on the ignore list now. I'm not participating in this type of back and forth, I'm way too busy.

10 hours ago, Zech McManis said:

Xbox is a dull area? Its a shit show on consoles. Just because you're suffering doesn't mean Xbox and PS4 aren't either. We all deserve to have fun, no matter how much it seems devs are neglecting consoles (doubt thats the case)

Yes, that's exactly what I said. Console gets done after PC, thats the facts. You can ignore that all you want, it's not going to change anything. There are no communities/admins/mods on console. If you're jocking console, get in line...PC was here first. You don't deserve anything, sorry. My project has been pumping tons of money into GSP fee's and our staff has pumped a massive amount of hours into our community. We are priority, not johnny-come-lately.

I'm not fighting with you and I really don't have time for this content. You got 2 posts and joined 16 hours ago. I can't converse on your level. From these words forward I'm ignoring you. Sorry, best of luck in 2019. 😃

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

I don't care what you think. 

How about this, click my profile and look at my entire post+thread history. Then think about what you're going to say next.

Reply if you want, I won't be reading it because you're on the ignore list now.

From these words forward I'm ignoring you. 

TL:DR Version.

• Confused 1

It's OK to throw the dog a bone once in a while. That is why I read this forum.

I agree with @emuthreat... I do not dislike Twitter, I hate Twitter. With a passion. Reddit is a little better but I prefer the forum. 

• Beans 2

2 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

I only know what you type. I don't presume to know what you're thinking. Maybe IF I knew you, I don't. Thus...

There are a ton of prepubescent complainers out there and when you're a professional getting paid to work, why should capricious complaints from children have any effect on anything? Par for the course as they say. The goal is the product and sales. Little Timmy's purchasing power with Momma's credit card is about as real as the Loch Ness monster. Gamer demographics are 33 years-old and up. Men can handle stuff being late, cater to the money. To get hype you need to feed it with exciting content. I don't buy that line of thinking at all. If I'm out there hustling money, I don't care about kids in bibs or trolls being trolls. They're going to do it no matter what you do.

Disrespectful? All I said in this OP was Anybody out there? I find your implications not only unwarranted, but also disrespectful to be perfectly honest.

I've been waiting 6 months for server messages...PATIENTLY. Eugen said it was a priortity to me 6 months ago. I've spoken with Sumrak for MONTHS on a tutorial for the CeEditor...PATIENTLY. But I guess better doors is more of a priority than a robust CLE for all communities to enjoy.

I don't care what you think. I care what I think. It's MY project, it's MY time, it's players in my community...I'm speaking for them and what they want. This has nothing to do with you. If you don't like it, tune into a different channel brother...simple. Let ME have my podium to speak on.

My issues are valid and that is a fact. Now is the time and nothing is going to stop me. This is the time I chose to make my move and I'm going to continue to make calculated moves as I see fit.

Why are you trying to be my therapist? You're just fighting to fight now and defending your thoughts because your ego doesn't know how to concede. Your way isn't my way. You're a casual player, I'm not. I got thousands of people to think about, you don't.

Yea, great advice...I'll step down for a few days or weeks. Thats like literally impossible.

I don't come here to be taunted by posters, I just put them on ignore and keep moving. Reply if you want, I won't be reading it because you're on the ignore list now. I'm not participating in this type of back and forth, I'm way too busy.

Talking about being disrespectful... Weren't you the guy that harassed the BIS owner about postponing DayZ release date?

THAT is the reason i have the impression about you i expressed here.

I skimmed your forum history, and i give you that, that's all/mostly OK to me, i give you that.

So maybe i was doing you wrong, but i don't know what else disrespectful posts of yours have been deleted (and i have read before), i can't see those anymore. I only remember having read some things from you, i found rude towards the devs (probably what i just mentioned), and took this topic to be an other chapter of this.

Maybe i'm simply confusing you with a different person, in that case i sincerely apologize about saying you were disrespectful in other topics.

Anyhow, in this case, you weren't exactly asking nicely for news. Asking about anybody being out there, implies, that there was the option for it not to be. And that would probably mean, that they weren't working on the project anymore and abandoned it.

So all i pointed out in my original reply, was, that the absence of news about the progress was to be expected from what has been communicated in the past, and that they did it in a SR.

Maybe you didn't get that point, maybe you didn't want to get it or maybe you even got it and didn't like being pointed toward it, by someone with less posts, experience and responsibility. I don't care. You are probably not even reading this, but in case you do, i never meant to insult you in the first place, and did my best expressing my thoughts in a diplomatic way. If you can't stand this, i'd be happy to not hear from you again.

Edited by HaseDesTodes

On 3/9/2019 at 11:26 AM, HaseDesTodes said:

Talking about being disrespectful... Weren't you the guy that harassed the BIS owner about postponing DayZ release date?

THAT is the reason i have the impression about you i expressed here.

I skimmed your forum history, and i give you that, that's all/mostly OK to me, i give you that.

So maybe i was doing you wrong, but i don't know what else disrespectful posts of yours have been deleted (and i have read before), i can't see those anymore. I only remember having read some things from you, i found rude towards the devs (probably what i just mentioned), and took this topic to be an other chapter of this.

Maybe i'm simply confusing you with a different person, in that case i sincerely apologize about saying you were disrespectful in other topics.

Anyhow, in this case, you weren't exactly asking nicely for news. Asking about anybody being out there, implies, that there was the option for it not to be. And that would probably mean, that they weren't working on the project anymore and abandoned it.

So all i pointed out in my original reply, was, that the absence of news about the progress was to be expected from what has been communicated in the past, and that they did it in a SR.

Maybe you didn't get that point, maybe you didn't want to get it or maybe you even got it and didn't like being pointed toward it, by someone with less posts, experience and responsibility. I don't care. You are probably not even reading this, but in case you do, i never meant to insult you in the first place, and did my best expressing my thoughts in a diplomatic way. If you can't stand this, i'd be happy to not hear from you again.

Hes clearly disrespectful. I can already tell whenever an opinion or statement is made by him, and is challenged by someone else, he puts said person on the ignore list. Not to mention putting me, a new user on this forum, on his ignore list, just because I created my account days ago and challenged his close minded theories on development and somewhat aggravating remarks to console users. That leads me to believe that indeed, he/she/it is most definitely disrespectful, naive, and childish for not being capable of holding rational conversations and opinions. Tl:dr if I knew how to put he/she/it on ignore, id strongly advise others to do so aswell. 

28 minutes ago, Zech McManis said:

if I knew how to put he/she/it on ignore, id strongly advise others to do so aswell. 

Just go to a post he/she made and put the pointer on the name  and a window will open at the bottom you will see the ignore button.  

• Thanks 1

We are going into a downwards spiral here and ImpulZ has already answered the OP.

Hence, I'm locking this topic. Goodnight all.

• Beans 3