desolace1

why it makes new character when joining server

Yesterday i made my first character and played on some random public server (OFFICIAL tab). I didn't die i logged off.

Today i wanted to play, joined another random public server and.. i spawned as fresh. It created a new character, now i have 2 characters in main menu. No matter what server i try to join i start with the new character.

Even if i click my character from yesterday and click play it shows EMPTY server list even tho it shows 100 servers found.

WTF is this? It's so annoying, i can't play ;_;

Edited by desolace1

28 minutes ago, desolace1 said:

Even if i click my character from yesterday and click play it shows EMPTY server list even tho it shows 100 servers found.

I get this every so often... I end up having to close the game and start over again. Usually this resolves it. 

As for the character glitch... sounds weird- only thing I can think of is your first character was in an HC (hardcore 1PP) server while all your follow up games with the second character were in normal 3PP... They will have separate characters. 

If you change the names of your characters and expand on the server information (on the left of the server browser window for each server) you can see which character is living and will be used in that specific server. Assuming each one of your attempts is on the official public servers it should all line up with the same dude. I'm curious about the first character though... take screenshots if you can. 

• Beans 2

Restarting game doesn't fix it for me.

My 1st character was on 3PP as every server i'm trying to join is 3PP. I don't know why my 1st character in main menu has "customize character" option but my 2nd character has "rename" instead.

All server infos show only my new character as alive. 

Can i delete my characters somehow? Cus something looks bugged af.

I had this too and always joined as a female character even I customized a male char. It appears that after renaming it, it's now set as default. Maybe worth a try ?

Is it possible that you joined one of the servers tagged as "Experimental" that first time? Currently stable and experimental branches are equal, so you can play on both types of servers but experimental still has separate hives. So if you logged in on an experimental server the first time that character would be on the experimental hive, while the new one is on stable.

There is also the slim possibility that the first character was killed just as you logged out.

• Beans 1

On 3/6/2019 at 4:13 PM, desolace1 said:

I don't know why my 1st character in main menu has "customize character" option but my 2nd character has "rename" instead.

The one with "Customize character" is the default character you can customize yourself, and that should be used when you log on a new hive. So it's not a real character, more like a template.

But anyway there is a known bug and your customized character is never used, when you kill you character (or connect to a new hive) the game just choose a random guy/girl.

When you have "rename" it's a character that exists in a hive (but I don't think you can know which one)

All server infos show only my new character as alive.

It really looks like your are connected to the same hive than previously, but your first character just died (or wiped because of a bug eventually).

If you really had to characters on 2 differents hives, you should see 3 guys on the main screen :

- the customized "template" that is not a real character and is useless right now

- the first char on hive n°1 (1PP for example)

- the second char on hive n°2 (3PP for example)

I have 4 char right now on my main screen : customized, 1PP stable, 3PP stable and on from a private community server with it's own hive.

If I select one of the 3 "real" char and I click "Play" it will automatically connect to the last used server attached to the hive of the char (so last 1PP stable, last 3PP stable, or the private server dedicated hive) so the char selection screen is pretty much like a shortcut to help you connect to the good hive.

If you go browse a server manually, depending of the hive the server you choose is using, you will automaticaly log with your char if you have one on this hive, or it will create a new one if it's the first time you connect to this hive.

Can i delete my characters somehow? Cus something looks bugged af.

I don't think you can because your char is not stored locally on your computer.

But from my experience the char selection is not bugged, just a bit strange and not very intuitive. But once you understand how it works (see above) you'll see it's reliable.

That said, with your description I'm pretty sure your fist char died, and that might be a bug if your sure you were not killed when logging out

(you always wait the 15s or you press "Right now" without waiting the timeout ?)

But I  think the char selection screen has nothing to do with that

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1