carmelo henry

how many players xbox lost on dayz

This game is really good, it is under the radar.  With zero marketing for xbox this game is word of mouth, I have brought 3 players to the game all of which love it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seen it All said:

This game is really good, it is under the radar.  With zero marketing for xbox this game is word of mouth, I have brought 3 players to the game all of which love it.

Yeah, i guess some players came from having played it on pc, some have been watching it for years on YouTube waiting for a console release (me!) and the rest who have stumbled across it or been told about it by mates. 

One thing for sure, it's a marmite game, love it or hate it. This forum has seen its fair share of disagreements. To me, that can only mean that people are passionate about the game and want it to succeed. Usually if a game is just downright crap, you just trade it in and forget about it. But this game has seen pc players stick with it, warts and all, for years. 

I often get stick for being a fanboy. Well, I just love the game I guess. I'm not blind to its issues but I know a good game when I see one and there is nothing else out there that comes close to the dayz experience. It doesn't matter about how polished a game is. Let's be honest, we've all played highly polished turds before. I'd rather play a rough diamond than a polished turd any day. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/5/2019 at 11:50 AM, AndrzejHook said:

That's all i meant by the game is too hard hard.  Games should be a challenge not a chore... and with dayz theres no end reward either. You are constantly working hard to build a base or a car, then you get killed and done and thats over, but you spent weeks and weeks trying to build a car or put a base together, but then they reset the server or you die or the base or car despawns and its gone, all that work you put in for absolutely NOTHING.  There should be more of a rewarding feeling in dayz but there isnt

Staying alive is the reward.  What "reward" is there for BF?  Nothing.  CoD?  Woo-hoo, look at me.  I'm level bazillion prestige.  Big deal.  The risk of losing everything you worked hard to acquire keeps the "stupidity level" of MOST players down.  With the permadeath aspect of it, you are not always quick to get into a fight with someone.  There is a strategy to it, and not like the mindless run-and-gun games that I believe a lot of the whiners about THIS GAME want.  I, for one, hope people like you DON'T get your way, get irritated, and STOP playing.  I like the boring aspect of it, to tell you the truth.  The hours of nothing, then the one or two minutes of dealing with another player.  For example......I and my mates spent hours looking for car parts.  Search some towns and some military outposts.  Find some ammo, maybe a weapon or two.  You get excited to find a spark plug.  A spark plug?  Really?  Never thought I would, but I did.  Anyhow, there we are, running down the railroad tracks, then there is a ricochet off of the tracks at my feet and the report of a gun in the distance behind us.  The adrenaline level spiked.  THAT is what the game is all about.

Edited by Stagman70
  • Like 1