nl

Why we don't care when you quit Dayz

So many posts are made by players ranting why they are going to quit the game. Seriously, most here don't give a shit about your reasoning and unmet expectations. 90% of the time the reasons are based on a bad understanding of the intentions of the game, a bad understanding of game development and a bad case of entitlement without ever having contributed to the development of the game in any way. Also, it is hard to take these rants seriously, if you are done with the game, it's bugs and lumbering development that's fine, it's obviously not for all. But please just leave the game and the forums and don't be a drama queen making a scene hoping someone will beg you to stay. That said, we all know you will most likely return in a later phase of development anyway. Thanks, your silent retreat will be appreciated by many and will help keep the bullshit topics hopefully to a minimum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 4

I should probably start a thread like: Why we don't care about your PC stats...

• Haha 3
  • Beans 5

I gave it  break for a year and half, came back to the news "it's a finished game", it isn't.

Not announcing my departure but sure making it a point of mentioning how pissed I am at the marketing lies. 

The new engine problems are BS, the new engine was in when I took my break and it seems more fucked now than then?

• Beans 2

2 hours ago, eno said:

I should probably start a thread like: Why we don't care about your PC stats...

It's more functional than boasting. When discussing performance issue or other possibly systems related bugs I can simply refer to my signature for my specific specs to help analysis.

You can turn them off if you don't wanna see them 😉

Edited by nl
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

Care Bears care.  Except for this one.  he don't give a shit 9AcONTw.jpg

Edited by Guy Smiley
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

All those threads do get repetitive, however most of those players are just looking for a means to vent their frustrations. I can’t imagine any of them are expecting true sympathy from the community.

More of a direct message to the developers that they feel progress should be quicker.

The best course of action is to not feed the flame, and let those threads drift off into the corners of cyber space.

• Beans 2

From all the things said by the author of the topic, I did not understand one thing - do you want the game to develop without any wishes of the players? Or does this concern only the form of expressing wishes?

• Beans 1

18 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

From all the things said by the author of the topic, I did not understand one thing - do you want the game to develop without any wishes of the players? Or does this concern only the form of expressing wishes?

Easy now. There was like 2 threads in 3 months about people quitting. He has a platform and we must respect his right to shout from it. 

On 3/5/2019 at 12:28 AM, lex__1 said:

From all the things said by the author of the topic, I did not understand one thing - do you want the game to develop without any wishes of the players? Or does this concern only the form of 

Leasing is a strang thing for videogamers. I tend to think its because of attachment issues, or lack of realistic attachement or realism. When you buy a lifetime lease, its still the company that decides. Advise may or may not get into concidaration...

The game is just an fysical trigger for the leaser to point his privet life's frustration on.

Don't blame the game, blame yourselve 😎

Edited by hemmo
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, hemmo said:

Leasing is a strang thing for videogamers. I tend to think its because of attachment issues, or lack of realistic attachement or realism. When you buy a lifetime lease, its this the company that decides. Advise may or may not get into concidaration...

The game is just an trigger that's something fysical to point the privet life's frustration of the leaser onto.

Don't blame the game, blame yourselve 

If I like the product, I will try to help the player to solve his problem, and it does not matter to me in what form he expresses about the problem. And to say so - "Why we don't care when you quit Dayz", This is not fair. When I don’t care about something, I won’t even think about it. And the author creates a theme, and tries to state in it that he is trying to help the project develop and accuses those leaving in the inability to help the project develop.
You are trying to explain to disgruntled customers how to return the money spent on the purchase of the game, and not to bother the forum participants for nothing? So do this help correctly - do not say that it is his problem. Perhaps the person will change his mind, and follow your advice.
I would say that you should be worried about those who leave silently. 😉

Edited by lex__1
  • Beans 1

I think there is some measure of hope that the Dev team are going to see that one last "I quit" thread and call an emergency meeting. 

"Folks, we've just learned that so-and-so is leaving and this is the tilting point. It's now incandescently clear that we need to unleash "Project Master Beta."" 

"Master Beta? What's that?" 

"It's our top secret ACTUAL Beta that we've been working on all this time in the background at an entirely different studio. The other one month Minor Beta was a social experiment but clearly now that this last person quit that has blown up in our face. This Master Beta is literally "THE" perfect game- everything we promised with a bunch of other content people have asked for- all of which works in perfect harmony."

"Wow- wish we would have known this before... Do you have any idea how much shit and abuse we take on the forums and other social media platforms on account of that one month Minor Beta?" 

"Yeah... a true thrashing. But I mean really if you think about it it is kind of funny. 5 years in EA and then a 1 month Beta? Surely people must have known deep down that we had something up our sleeves. What do they think we are?! Totally incompetent??!" 

"Okay so now we can expect a Master Beta release?" 

"Yes... the community will bask in the radiance of our Beta wisdom- all thanks to that last person who posted about quitting. He will forever be a legend." 

Edited by eno
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 2

90% of the time....

This thread reminds me of the thread you created a while ago called 90% of players are unimaginitive simpletons.  Not really all that helpful and directed at no one in particular, inciting flames.  hmm.

Edited by Parazight
  • Beans 1

3 hours ago, Parazight said:

This thread reminds me of the thread you created a while ago called 90% of players are unimaginitive simpletons.  Not really all that helpful and directed at no one in particular, inciting flames.  hmm.

I guess it is my clumsy way to appeal to the general audience to participate and not just bore us (well me at least) with KOS and flaming, These texts are directed to those " who fit the shoe".

But in 1500 posts over the years only a few have been like these two. But you are right both posts probably didn't amount to much.

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, nl said:

I guess it is my clumsy way to appeal to the general audience to participate

I CARE .. I CARE ..  the forum dissing is folk who have nothing better to do.. (AND the loggers who would rather start a new thread instead of reading the 4 threads started yesterday on the SAME topic). It's just kids who can write but cant be EFfed to read.
There are 10000 online games for anyone's evening/weekend  entertainment and kicks, and - WOW - the one they choose for leisure time is  << Being Nasty on the DayZ Forum >> ..  for some folk it's the best, I guess?
Whatever floats your boat.

On 3/4/2019 at 6:14 PM, nl said:

bad understanding of the intentions of the game

there is is A LOT of THAT for sure. 

Try private hive server 172.96.140.114 = Dead by Dawn
( if you are not to far away for ping).  It's stocked with extra zombies and also well run. Good place. Just started up recently. 

else (if you are far from Dead by Dawn you are close to this one) - go to
185.16.86.48:2402 = The Village
- always has a big pop in European playing hours. You can log in and hassle @emuthreat and his friends in their " large walled settlement ". They are rebuilding a new social order out of DayZ chaos.  

OR just hang out on any public hive server and hunt Dupers and Hoppers .. that's plenty fun

-  I  mean - you have a valid point IMO, but make your point INSIDE the game - this is how to win the argument

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Confused 1

I played dayz yesterday and i had soo much fun! 

❤️ DayZ!