Sign in to follow this  
Seen it All

No Military Challange

Everyone knows how easy it is to get gear in this game.  I have challenged myself to not to get any military gear....civialian only, pretty fun so far...

• Like 1

Built a base for a few weeks with friends and all we had were basic guns. Our biggest gun was a moison and most had ig70 or shotgun. 

Mil bases at the time were barren with hopping a duping so no incentive to visit but we got a mil weapon or two shooting people who attacked us

For the past week I've been dropping the knife, can and food at start and been living only with food that can be found on the ground. 

• Like 2

I don't wear military gear...Unless, I'm armed or trying to stay well hidden.

Camouflage makes you look like you've been to a military base...Where all the guns are. (Or at least where they're supposed to be amiright?) Most people don't like to stop and talk to green men with guns. People tend to shoot at green more than any other color. 

And I (almost) never carry a gun.  The only exception is if I have someone to protect.

A sturdy melee weapon and some quick reflexes is usually enough to fend off most of the coast dwellers. (It really helps if you keep a light inventory, as you can keep up to a fresh spawn and run circles around people with single action guns)

It's pretty funny when someone depletes their ammo trying to shoot you,  then pulls out a melee weapon and is still unable to hit you. Then ultimately give's up and walks away or calls truce. That is if you haven't slain them already. (They lose stamina every time they take a swing. Heavy attacks are easier to dodge because you can see them winding back to hit you) 

You'll have a much higher mortality rate going up against full/semi auto weapons. (You cant outrun their bullets) So it's usually best to surrender. You have nothing to hide, nothing to fear losing, and the D-bag that killed you doesn't get rewarded for killing a friendly. 

It's a different way to play but I find I'm more mobile without a gun. I'm not sitting in a bush scanning the treelines all day. And I get a lot more player interaction as people aren't so scared of me.

Edited by PEACE_543
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this