Guy Smiley

Dead by Dawn | Hardcore 1pp

Are you looking for that true gritty experience while trying to avoid being overwhelmed by the infected?  Then Dead by Dawn might be for you.  Infected spawns are increased by 3 times leaving you no room for error or a chance of escaping if overburdened.  This server is for the true survivalists so if your looking for a fantasy playground where you can build your dream home, then you will want to keep looking as this is not the place for you.  Good luck and have fun 

Name: Dead by Dawn | Hardcore 1pp

Connection Info: 172.96.140.114:2302

• Beans 4

I can truthfully say this is for the die hard survivalists.  The infected numbers are insane and there is no room for error.  Stealth is a definitive must and no more easy looting.  Come check it out and see if you've got what it takes to survive

• Beans 1

i visit on your server and some places there was just few infecteds but then some places lot of them.really liked it.
7E54DE4A4811F2CD93A4A41381231CA19B495C28

4BA93046F4475DF53DBA41D23F1538ACD58B2245

this time i didnt test loot farming thingy just playing little and for my liking loot was too much.
almost every house,there was something.
in previous versions of dayz ,i remember that even backpack was hard to find but now i found to after 10 minutes and also rifle and pistol.
cos im sadist and like little torture,i dont wanna find those valuable things at the start of my playings.
but server was nice to test.thanks

1 hour ago, kopo79 said:

i visit on your server and some places there was just few infecteds but then some places lot of them.really liked it.
7E54DE4A4811F2CD93A4A41381231CA19B495C28

4BA93046F4475DF53DBA41D23F1538ACD58B2245

this time i didnt test loot farming thingy just playing little and for my liking loot was too much.
in previous versions of dayz ,i remember that even backpack was hard to find but now i found to after 10 minutes and also rifle and pistol.
cos im sadist and like little torture,i dont wanna find those valuable things at the start of my playings.

Hey, I need the feedback.   I'm going to be looking at loot spawns as right now. I believe I've got it set to two hours but I'm still learning how to change all that.  If you can point  me in the right direction to start adjusting that, I will look into it.

6 hours ago, kopo79 said:

As a side note, there's been a few times where I've established myself decently only to make one wrong move and bam!!!, dead from a swarm.  It really comes down to play style.  If you want to be a hoarder and load yourself up, prepare for the consequences when you can't run away.

• Beans 1

i was on your server again and tested loot farming just a little.no change.stuff spawn back in  moments.
then i was playing just regular.
maybe in 20 minutes of searching for stuff i had 2 backpacks and two rifles+schoolback.
also noticed that there was raining without clouds.
for my liking,there is too much guns in civilian buildings.it doesent give any "wow""panic" effect when i find some valuable stuff cos there are way too much them.

i remember when i played dayz mod back in a dayz and found matches...i was so panic that i just runned in woods hiding.i can make fire!!!:

I gotta fucking say man, this was brutal. I loved it.

Quick suggestion: The loot in buildings are fine, it's scarce and it's fulfilling to actually find something good. The only thing is, infected drop way too much sodas and canned goods.

Also, what method did you use to increase infected? Did you put in entirely new spawn points for them? Or is it the multiplier?

• Like 1

Going to hop on and try this place tonight (central European time that is), sounds like just the kind of server I desperately want!

I already see some suggestions regarding mods, and although I like the game vanilla I agree GoreZ is a nice one that would work well with the increased infected numbers. It seems to be working fine on the servers I've been playing on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Derleth said:

Going to hop on and try this place tonight (central European time that is), sounds like just the kind of server I desperately want!

I already see some suggestions regarding mods, and although I like the game vanilla I agree GoreZ is a nice one that would work well with the increased infected numbers. It seems to be working fine on the servers I've been playing on.

I've got the ping limit set to 999 so you shouldn't have too much of an issue.  I'm still tinkering with loot spawns but in all honesty, even if you can get geared up, with the number of infected, one slip up will cost you everything

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Posted (edited)

Spent around 2-3 hours on the server tonight and I'm loving it. It became properly scary after dark, so easy to get swarmed that I went house to house, taking care of any aggroed infected before moving on to the next. Wouldn't be possible to survive any other way. Lovely!

Didn't react to the loot, it seems about fine. I found working pistols and an MP5 with some ammo, but still no ammo for the BK-18 or shotgun to go with the shells...

Edited by Derleth

Posted (edited)

Been playing a little more on the server and I love the increased infected numbers and that night is long. Loot is probably okay, I'm finding everything I need easily but I think that's more due to the low population than there being too much. The chance of zeds dropping food should probably be reduced though, with the amount of infected I kill my bags were quickly bursting with cans...

I'll try to spread the word and get more people to the server.

Edited by Derleth
  • Beans 1

On public servers this number of infected in the mil camps would cause bo-coo difficulties for hoppers IMO  - the Devs should take notice & think about it - On DbyD I'm afraid to go in those places alone.
I'm working on a method of low-light  infiltration with knuckledusters & hand axe and a last stand pump gun (plus, fighting zeds you need to keep your food energy up)

- it's  a "stash everything and prepare to die"  technique.

Love it.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, pilgrim* said:

On public servers this number of infected in the mil camps would cause bo-coo difficulties for hoppers IMO  - the Devs should take notice & think about it - On DbyD I'm afraid to go in those places alone.
I'm working on a method of low-light  infiltration with knuckledusters & hand axe and a last stand pump gun (plus, fighting zeds you need to keep your food energy up)

- it's  a "stash everything and prepare to die"  technique.

Love it.

Exactly! I managed to get to the tents between Novoselky and Chapaevsk by shooting a few rounds with my Makarov from the woods and then run. Could quickly dash in and loot the tents while the angry horde was tearing about the underbrush. They did come back sooner than I thought though, so loitering is a bad idea... 

• Beans 1

5 hours ago, Derleth said:

Been playing a little more on the server and I love the increased infected numbers and that night is long. Loot is probably okay, I'm finding everything I need easily but I think that's more due to the low population than there being too much. The chance of zeds dropping food should probably be reduced though, with the amount of infected I kill my bags were quickly bursting with cans...

I'll try to spread the word and get more people to the server.

Glad you're enjoying on and thanks for the feedback on the night time.  It's roughly about 2 hours of night and 2 hours of day at a 6x cycle which doesn't really follow the seasonal times so I'm going to be looking into tinkering with that to see if I can get it to match the season day/night cycles better to where days will starting longer and nights shorter.  Or if you guys would just prefer 2 hour maximum night time and I can adjust the day cycle to be longer?  Maybe 3-4 hours?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guy Smiley said:

Or if you guys would just prefer 2 hour maximum night time and I can adjust the day cycle to be longer?  Maybe 3-4 hours?

I'd choose this option  - the day a little longer than the night : but I'll go with whatever is fine for you - it's your call.

p.s.  I didn't notice that the zeds carry food loot - the first 2 I looked at had nothing, and after that I never thought to check again, just assumed there was not much or nothing - so I can't say if they are overstocked.
I've been living mainly off cow steak that I cook (even if it makes no difference if they are cooked or raw ATM, seems the right thing to do) just making a fire from sticks cut from bushes, and traveling the map. Have a sea chest stashed in a tree - almost invisible unless you know it's there, but easy to open the inventory - and to date totally zero problem with persistence. Life is good again : a couple of items I'm searching for will turn up sooner or later. Not met wolves yet.

It's excellent to need to scout villages and work out techniques and ways in and out, and escape paths, for dealing with zombs again (after all this time). - Totally Refreshing !!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

I'd choose this option  - the day a little longer than the night : but I'll go with whatever is fine for you - it's your call.

p.s.  I didn't notice that the zeds carry food loot - the first 2 I looked at had nothing, and after that I never thought to check again, just assumed there was not much or nothing - so I can't say if they are overstocked.
I've been living mainly off cow steak that I cook (even if it makes no difference if they are cooked or raw ATM, seems the right thing to do) just making a fire from sticks cut from bushes, and traveling the map. Have a sea chest stashed in a tree - almost invisible unless you know it's there, but easy to open the inventory - and to date totally zero problem with persistence. Life is good again : a couple of items I'm searching for will turn up sooner or later. Not met wolves yet.

It's excellent to need to scout villages and work out techniques and ways in and out, and escape paths, for dealing with zombs again (after all this time). - Totally Refreshing !!

That's good.  Ya, the zeds do drop a bit too much loot.  I'm gonna look into it and see what I can adjust.  You wouldn't happen to know which file off hand I would need to look at?

@Guy Smiley Go into cfgspawnabletypes.xml and find the line <!--START OF ZOMBIES  --> Remove the line from each zombie that's related to food 😉

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, MetalHead2112 said:

@Guy Smiley Go into cfgspawnabletypes.xml and find the line <!--START OF ZOMBIES  --> Remove the line from each zombie that's related to food 😉

I may not be correct, but as I understand it, following @MetalHead2112  you can make a difference to zombie "cargo"  foods  in the ZOMBIES section of cfgspawnabletypes.xml without editing food out completely, by changing their "cargo"  spawn category to one where they carry a wider range of stuff -including sometimes food -  by replacing "foodCity" and "foodVillage"  with the general mix of stuff in the "mixVillage" list (should deal with most zombies you meet)
You can see what objects are listed in each different spawn-group by looking at the  script   cfgRandomPresets.xml  example at the link below. 

In cfgspawnabletypes.xml replace

<cargo preset="foodCity" />

and

<cargo preset="foodVillage" />

wherever it shows up, with

<cargo preset="mixVillage" />

AND also if you look at :

https://github.com/Arkensor/DayZCommunityOfflineMode/blob/master/Missions/DayZCommunityOfflineMode.ChernarusPlus/cfgRandomPresets.xml

this script is for the standalone -  but shows you how the cargo spawn chances for different types of spawn is set in cfgRandomPresets.xml - and what is listed under each type - so you can make some groups more common, some less.
I don't know if cargo also includes stuff you find inside spawned  clothes and backpacks.

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1

On 3/10/2019 at 2:15 PM, repzaj1234 said:

I gotta fucking say man, this was brutal. I loved it.

Quick suggestion: The loot in buildings are fine, it's scarce and it's fulfilling to actually find something good. The only thing is, infected drop way too much sodas and canned goods.

Also, what method did you use to increase infected? Did you put in entirely new spawn points for them? Or is it the multiplier?

I just tripled the numbers of all spawns on the map in the worlds_chernarusplus_ai.pbo  under the zombies_territories.xml.  Still needing to test some places to make sure zeds aren't spawning on roof tops and in mass numbers.  One here and there is fine but I was at a military location and there were about 7 and a wolf on a roof of a barrack

Posted (edited)

Having more issues with my provider again.  Server is down temporarily. 

Edit: and my stupid ass didn't even think about downloading the server files 

Edited by Guy Smiley

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

Having more issues with my provider again.  Server is down temporarily. 

Edit: and my stupid ass didn't even think about downloading the server files 

yes, is good Idea to keep a backup - Yo ! Im NOT saying this to be Smart, I'm saying it because IM DUMB.  (lol)  after long and bitter experience (bad scenes!) - These days,  for important stuff I have one clean full backup folder (CLEAN FULL) that I don't touch. Then I have a Working Backup folder that I do changes to (WORKING).. and a Live backup folder that has the stuff that is online now (LIVE).
I make sure the LIVE is up to date on my PC, it IS exactly what is online (I download from online to my LIVE).. then I send the WORKING up the web. See how that runs.
If there's REALLY no problem I re-download the online stuff into LIVE (but not before)
Meanwhile I have WORKING to tinker with and check if something online is not right, I find out what it is by looking in in WORKING.
If everything totally turns to crap I have the CLEAN FULL that I can replace from.
And - be paranoid - keep a vanilla ORIGINAL VANILLA 1.XX too, somewhere safe.. because the Devs can change stuff at any vanilla update that might or might not mess with your mod changes

this sounds like a BIG pain in the neck, but MANY times I have left a file in some wrong folder, or deleted a version I wanted to keep, or have 4 same-name files tagged _a _b _c _d : then it turns out I have two effing _cs in two different temp folders.. and they are NOT the same, and the one I want looks to contain more like the _a than the _d  . I sent the wrong file up and deleted the backup by mistake or renamed it or I did half the work on one file and the rest of the work on the other file - and don't effing know which is the good effing copy (IF I've got one)  .. LOL   . Can get to be stress for someone like me who "thinks" they are smart.

And after doing this for 100 YEARS - I get the message like after like 100 years of electric cattle prod therapy (noticing that ANOTHER day-and-night of work seems to have fucked off to Valhalla  ) - finally I do the same SYSTEM every time and its shit-long and boring but usually it works..  I just have to remember I have VERY VERY simple mind.  = Ya know?

keep doing it, dude  -  DbyD  is  GOOD

Edited by pilgrim*