Asmondian

[SUGGESTION] Inventory concept | Tab System

[SUGGESTION] Inventory concept | Tab System

/////// Explanation and reasons behind the suggestion /////////////////////////////////////////

• Add a Tab System for the inventory to avoid the frustrating use of scrolling and offer more fluency
  • Since you can´t use quick access bar when you are in the inventory, you can change swap inventory tabs with 1-4 keys
  • You can split the tabs into (1) Upper body = Shirt and Vest. (2) Lower body = Pants and boots. (3) Backpack = Your backpack. (4) Containers = Content inside all your containers
  • This could help to reduce the inventory lag and the huge frustrations related to the current inventory managment

/////// Pictures of the concept /////////////////////////////////////////

aVpxAUX.png

cp7v85j.png

L7sXLDK.png

Edited by Asmondian
  • Beans 1

Holy crap, yes please! this seems so much nicer than having scroll up and down(slowly) every time you want to find something! Very well made and efficient use of space.

Just a quick question, how do you suggest players to drag and drop items from upper body to lower body with mouse only ie. no use of keyboard. I could see that using 1-4 keys would select desired tab to access that inventory space but you need to be able to do it with mouse only as well. Of course you could set tabs in a way that when you keep mouse hovering the tab it would get activated and then player could drop the dragged item there but that would be abysmally slow tbh.

17 minutes ago, Deranged Pineapple said:

Just a quick question, how do you suggest players to drag and drop items from upper body to lower body with mouse only ie. no use of keyboard. I could see that using 1-4 keys would select desired tab to access that inventory space but you need to be able to do it with mouse only as well. Of course you could set tabs in a way that when you keep mouse hovering the tab it would get activated and then player could drop the dragged item there but that would be abysmally slow tbh.

I don´t think it would be a problem to use a key to change between tabs. Games like Tarkov, SCUM and many others do it like that and work pretty well. But I get your point.

I imagine some posibilites for what you said (Changing between Tabs without the need of using any keyboard key, only your mouse) :

1. Use scroll up/down to change tabs: As you don´t need anymore to scroll down/up to access other "parts" of the inventory that were hidden before (because of being all in only one large tab), you can now scroll between tabs (or just click MMB or use the 1-4 keys by default).
  2. Drag the item to the side or to the tab: You could just click and hold on the item of one tab, then drag it to the left/right side of the inventory like when you want to drop an item and the tab should change automatically to the next one. You can also drag it to the actual tab above.
Edited by Asmondian

That would be very usefull tbh, we NEED that, instead of scrolling trough, not only our EQ, but stuff like tents ect. That's would be much more smoother. Very good idea! 

45 minutes ago, Vernon_Price said:

That would be very usefull tbh, we NEED that, instead of scrolling trough, not only our EQ, but stuff like tents ect. That's would be much more smoother. Very good idea! 

Just think about the current base building proximity HUD. Its really a mess IMO. 

By adding something like a Tab system like this, you could provide with more order the different levels / components / structures of basebuilding and avoid that huge mess (And lag) every time you open your inventory within a base.

12 hours ago, Asmondian said:

Just think about the current base building proximity HUD. Its really a mess IMO. 

By adding something like a Tab system like this, you could provide with more order the different levels / components / structures of basebuilding and avoid that huge mess (And lag) every time you open your inventory within a base.

Exactly, correct me if im wrong but where there was a 1st wave of feedback posted by Peter, me or someone else (can't remember) posted that scrolling trough the inventory is a disaster for the gameplay. Let's hope they'll think more about it, cause your idea is just perfect for that. 

So : The inventory tab keys only work when you are IN the inventory, and you also have one tab key to show all inventory, so you can scroll etc as at present.
Makes Sense !

Need to fit that to Controller too, for Xbox ?

Edited by pilgrim*

Why not automatically change the view of the tabs when hovering over them with the mouse cursor (hower-switch-function). this eliminates the need to bind the button and if they wanted to repackage an item, they hold it with the LMB and change the visible inventory with a pure Hower movement on the Inventory-group-tab. (that would be synonymous X-Box suitable.) on / off in the options should be present at the beginning.