Isaiha Torres

Resources and supplies

I love the game so far not glitchy at all, and i get that its a survival post apocalyptic game but come on I have joined 3 different servers and in each one I searched at least 5 different cities and all I have to show for is a couple cans of soda and an apple, what's up with that it's no fun if i can't at least find a weapon to defend myself or even supplies to eat and drink and heal etc. Its not fun at all when I see players walk around with rifles and such, when I've literally spent so much time looking for nothing.

• Confused 2

You're clearly looking on the wrong places then. But even staying away from military areas there are still plenty of weapons about. I've literally just found two .45 pistols in a police station and a shotgun in a house within fifteen minutes of fresh spawn. Plenty of mosins around too. You should also check guard houses. Plenty of loot around. Food and drink is abundant on the beach if you look in the rowing boats. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Isaiha Torres said:

I searched at least 5 different cities and all I have to show for is a couple cans of soda and an apple,

Lets be realistic. You would have been able to find more than that. Even in Niznoye on a full server.

This isn't fortnite, pubg or (insert generic Dayz clone here) There shouldn't be something useful in every house. 

1 hour ago, Isaiha Torres said:

it's no fun if i can't at least find a weapon to defend myself or even supplies to eat and drink and heal etc.

You spawn with a knife, bandages, food and soda?

Kill an animal/human - Obtain "Bones"
Cut down a bush - Obtain "Long Stick"
Combine them to make a "Spear".

Spears are arguably the best weapon in the game but you can find a lot of melee weapons in industrial zones/factories/toolsheds. 

I do think there are some bugs in the loot economy mechanics?   I've come across towns/cities with a noticeable abundance of one particular item. 

A couple days ago, In the industrial area west of elektro. I came across AT LEAST 20 barrels. All of which seemed to have legitimately spawned. They were literally everywhere. You couldn't loot 2 buildings without finding a barrel.

But the weirdest thing is that 90% of these barrels were green. The other ones were red.
I never saw a blue or yellow barrel, but I found a good 20 green ones and 5 red ones. (Like, what?)

But other than that I sometimes find 3-4 water bottles/cooking pots (and other things) in close proximity to each other. (In the same town) 

yes, I have seen loot themes in buildings. raiding some barracks I saw field vest after field vest after field vest .. .  I already had one . .

• Like 1

your looting the wrong places, there's no advantage to looting a city unless you have just spawned. Spawn in, take ten minutes to walk down the coast collecting a silly amount of food, eat and drink constantly while doing this and don't stop eating until you see the symbol which indicates your going to be sick, then move on to military tents and bases, use the izurvive app to navigate and you will find all the rifles you want.