Sign in to follow this  
Eidryn

Keep items in safe

Is there any way to keep items in safe? I mean, i am keeping 4 rifle in my inventory. But i do not want to carry all of them. I want to drop 3 of them and use 1 of them. If i need the others, i will go there and pick up. That's all i want 🙂

Find a shovel.  Find a sea chest.  Place sea chest on ground in hidden area. Place rifles in chest. Hold shovel in hands and look at chest, select prompt to bury chest.

or just find a barrel/tent and hide it somewhere far from high traffic area.

but hey, don't forget it's dayz ! you will sooner or later experience a persistance wipe, and loose you stash. So don't get to attached to your stuff 😉

• Beans 1

26 minutes ago, matiman said:

but hey, don't forget it's dayz ! you will sooner or later experience a persistance wipe, and loose you stash. So don't get to attached to your stuff 😉

Amen to not getting attached to your hard work. I don't know any other games where this is accepted by the community. Especially on a fully released version of the game.

Edited by Cyral
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, Cyral said:

Amen to not getting attached to your hard work. I don't know any other games where this is accepted by the community. Especially on a fully released version of the game.

Accepted is a strong word. Complaining about it doesn’t seem to work so now we just eat a pop tart and hope for the best. 

It is better now than it used to be and for guys who waded through Alpha that’s usually as good as it gets. 

• Beans 3

3 hours ago, matiman said:

Going on 3 weeks with my tents and storage, no wipes yet.  Don't know what these server owners are doing wrong.  Oh wait, yes I do.

• Beans 3

48 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Going on 3 weeks with my tents and storage, no wipes yet.  Don't know what these server owners are doing wrong.  Oh wait, yes I do.

Same on my own server. The last wipe was when 1.01 update was applied (not really sure it was linked tho), but I was able to restore with the function provided by the GSP. Since then everything is going pretty smoothly.

But to be 100% honnest, I'm almost the only one to use this server on a regular basis. From what I see on the logs, almost only hoppers come in/out.

So except my own bases and stashs (not that much), there are probably close to no others persistant objects.

I'm pretty sure the number of persistent items on a single server have a big impact on performances/wipes/crashes.

But anyway, even if it would be no persistance issues in the future (I hope so) you can still have others survivors finding your hidden stash/tent and loot it.

So not getting attached to your stuff is still the most valuable advice for DayZ IMHO 😉

I found a barrel. But i cant bury it (i already have a  shovel ). I think that best and easy way is burying the dry backpacks. 

Edited by Eidryn

On 3/1/2019 at 7:59 AM, Eidryn said:

Is there any way to keep items in safe? I mean, i am keeping 4 rifle in my inventory. But i do not want to carry all of them. I want to drop 3 of them and use 1 of them. If i need the others, i will go there and pick up. That's all i want 🙂

A second accound works great! It is where i keep my three svd's. The spare ammo and other not inportant stuffs go's in the barrel.

Edited by hemmo

13 hours ago, Eidryn said:

I found a barrel. But i cant bury it (i already have a  shovel ). I think that best and easy way is burying the dry backpacks. 

Barrels cannot be buried.

Sea chest, dry backpack, dry bag, protector case, and cooking pot may be buried.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2