Sign in to follow this  
Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

Can Devs FIX In-Game Name please?

Is this GDPR again with the in-game name thing? Having to set your name with a launch parameter hurts server administration.

When can we expect this in-game name business to get fixed?

You don't have use parameters. You can set it in both launchers, official one and the one for mods, problem solved. As far as i know tho, character creation is still a way long from being fully and properly implemented, so we gotta wait. 

• Beans 1

There are more pressing issues right? One year in and we're still not able to pick a name or respawn with the character we want after you died.

• Beans 2

I use the launcher to set my name. Maybe it should be a necessity instead of simply be optional. 

Lets go devs. You've hobbled admins enough with the GDPR madness. Force in-game names already!!! It's impossible to be an administrator with this Surviovor (3) crap. This is a major game-breaking issue.

We had an issue the other night and it took hella long to resolve. I'm not built for this. I need names in my logs not Survivor (3) (id=kSbdfjrwlbgfjo.ADXvch;OADOUjhgkn;aosifdhgpajsdfofh;osfhgdfn aPOVfuyabdlCTVHOFGSC0EaDZCRUl9uFCHZjsfmlunvhjcgjfMSCIzuvghfADOIcvghCAEUXSUcfjvbnFS<UACYhrfjVWSJDCFHnvwiufsdfhVNudCSRHfSIFCHJFPNSULidFSIUAOHDFMXPQJRX<Fpqiadun)

I use OmegaManager. I can get all the info I need about my players, even if they don't set a name.

On 3/8/2019 at 4:30 PM, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I use OmegaManager. I can get all the info I need about my players, even if they don't set a name.

Thanks for the suggestion, I really do appreciate that. I'll have a closer look.

I used DaRT and COT (live only) which combined has everything OmegaManager could have too regarding player activity right?

But it's a lot of work to cross-reference that info with the logs. We have a no-kill server so when someone gets killed and the killer logs off, someone else picks up their Survivor (x) name.

Example, Survivor (3) kills Survivor (23), Survivor (3) logs off at 19:02:17, new player logs in at 19.22:13 and is now Survivor (3). The new Survivor (3) logs off at 20:18:04 and some new player is now Survivor (3) at 20:45:11. Thats a tough thing to figure out.

On top of that...in the logs it'll say 19:57:22, but in RCON it's somehting like 22:57:22 or perhaps 22:49:21. Also, there is often a differential in time of a few seconds to a few minutes so it's not as easy as just adding 3 additional hours. You have to look for other hallmarks like who actually has a name that left right before or after the incident. My GSP runs on a different time than my local RCON times do which is a big problem. It's really messy and hard to parse quickly. I shouldn't have to spend 10-30 minutes to do something that should take 30 seconds.

Unless this OmegaManager is a proper replacement for logs, I fear it won't work. =(

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

Not sure, but CFTools have a killlog with a "unique CFT-ID" (like GUID generated from SteamID).

Best way to right infos contact: @philippj

• Like 1