Sign in to follow this  
mata mm

May I ask something pls?

Hi guys ! My name’s Jeremy.

Are diseases in 1.0? Which ones? Can river water make you sick?

Suggestions and ideas are greatly appreciated.

19 minutes ago, mata mm said:

Are diseases in 1.0? Which ones? Can river water make you sick?

Cholera, Salmonella, Influenza, the common Cold and Kuru are currently in the game. Yes, dirty river water can make you sick. 🙂

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

29 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

Cholera, Salmonella, Influenza, the common Cold and Kuru are currently in the game. Yes, dirty river water can make you sick. 🙂

Salmonella is often transmitted by raw chicken, right ? I've been eating those ingame without any problem and I've seen, heard and read that others players do the same without any problem so ... is it really in or just inactive ? Or does it need more balancing ? Can't wait for a really good update about diseases (and horticulture 🙂 ).

1 hour ago, ImpulZ said:

Could you explain generally what the differences are between those four diseases (excluding kuru)? Because people generally notice only two diseases. Sick from drinking water (cholera right?) and the common flu from rain/being cold. 

1 hour ago, SlipShady said:

Salmonella is often transmitted by raw chicken, right ? I've been eating those ingame without any problem and I've seen, heard and read that others players do the same without any problem so ... is it really in or just inactive ? Or does it need more balancing ? Can't wait for a really good update about diseases (and horticulture 🙂 ).

40 minutes ago, amadieus said:

Could you explain generally what the differences are between those four diseases (excluding kuru)? Because people generally notice only two diseases. Sick from drinking water (cholera right?) and the common flu from rain/being cold. 

The diseases are all still very much work in progress, and some are, especially when it comes to (food)poisoning, not in the game yet. There is still a lot missing and to be balanced, so feel free to leave some feedback on it, but don't see it as final. 🙂

And yes, influenza/cold and cholera/salmonella still have quite the same appearance/symptoms.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 3