Sign in to follow this  
Ryan JG

State of the Game

This isn't a BI or Game bashing thread. It is my observation of where the game is at or at the very least where my home server is at.

I wanted to run a little test on the server I play in to see how active the server is. I've now had a base with about nine tents for some time and it hasn't been raided. I've also notice that over the last few weeks I haven't come across any other players. Not even shots off in the distance. The servers runs at medium capacity as its an SG server. I know there are busy servers but being from Australia my ping suffers in the other servers.

Anyway, I put a car tent in plain sight and placed a few items that people would want to loot in it. Five day's passed and nothing, no one touched a thing.

I believe that the fact that guns are hard to find and we haven't had a server wipe in ages, many people don't leave their bases/towns because there is no need to do so. They have a base, guns, food and water; they have officially survived the Apocalypse.  So to be honest, I'm all for a server wipe every few months. At least it keeps people working towards a goal instead of obtaining it and letting the game become stagnant.  Because I miss the day's where I could hear shots off in the distance and became worried for my safety.

• Like 3

want a fun creepy experience?  go to a night server, put on a headlamp, and explore a town.

• Like 3
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, Ryan JG said:

This isn't a BI or Game bashing thread. It is my observation of where the game is at or at the very least where my home server is at.

I wanted to run a little test on the server I play in to see how active the server is. I've now had a base with about nine tents for some time and it hasn't been raided. I've also notice that over the last few weeks I haven't come across any other players. Not even shots off in the distance. The servers runs at medium capacity as its an SG server. I know there are busy servers but being from Australia my ping suffers in the other servers.

Anyway, I put a car tent in plain sight and placed a few items that people would want to loot in it. Five day's passed and nothing, no one touched a thing.

I believe that the fact that guns are hard to find and we haven't had a server wipe in ages, many people don't leave their bases/towns because there is no need to do so. They have a base, guns, food and water; they have officially survived the Apocalypse.  So to be honest, I'm all for a server wipe every few months. At least it keeps people working towards a goal instead of obtaining it and letting the game become stagnant.  Because I miss the day's where I could hear shots off in the distance and became worried for my safety.

I too have noticed this which the only reason I can give you why this has happened is that everyone is in the coast on every server partaking in pvp as right now that’s the only interesting thing to do right now in dayz. I myself don’t go to the coast as it’s too laggy but after recently building a new base and once it was completed to return the next day to find our whole base wiped off the face of the earth i have ran out of things to do so pvp on the coast might be the only fun to be had or stop playing all together.

It's because nothing kinda matters at the moment. We need mechanics like temperature, disease, broken bones, a working day night cycle, a weather cycle, locked servers, etc to slow the game's pacing down.

I know this may be hard on some but I feel like it should be game chat only with push to talk. I'd really like to use the walkie talkies etc. Locked servers + game chat only would help to promote their usage.

Loot needs to rarer.

Death should be harsher. Respawn timer double'd if player dies in quick succession or something ionno. 

PvP is the only thing to do on the real for real. Surviving is way too easy. 

Edited by Man Parts 241
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

We are a community here; we should all band together and make something of this game where BI are letting us down. We should be picking a server that we can all start an environment that fits our needs. Pick days where people have to hold the Church above Elektro or King of the hill at the ATC in the North West Airfield.  Come together to build a battle field or something. Maybe build a server with factions. I know we have our own home servers but maybe we can find one that is used for events.

Instead of us wait on BI, because we all know that feeling, maybe we could come up with some cool events that keep the game fresh for us all.

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, Ryan JG said:

We are a community here; we should all band together and make something of this game where BI are letting us down. We should be picking a server that we can all start an environment that fits our needs. Pick days where people have to hold the Church above Elektro or King of the hill at the ATC in the North West Airfield.  Come together to build a battle field or something. Maybe build a server with factions. I know we have our own home servers but maybe we can find one that is used for events.

Instead of us wait on BI, because we all know that feeling, maybe we could come up with some cool events that keep the game fresh for us all.

I'd like to see this but not yet, not the current state of the game. Frames drop below 10 when there's more than few players around. I'd be willing to get a private server no doubt.

Edited by nikoor
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, nikoor said:

I'd like to see this but not yet, not the current state of the game. Frames drop below 10 when there's more than few players around. I'd be willing to get a private server no doubt.

I would rent / purchase a server.

I would also love community servers. Trying to do it ourselves is no bueno since we can't admin tho. People would find out we have a bunch of friendlies being all friendly and best of friends on this friendly ass server and they'll just come and fuck it all up. And then the motto becomes, "Why Can't We Just Be Friends?"

If you guys/gals decide on a server tho, I'll swing thru on Man Parts. I think i'm up by Orlovets making my way down town... (you know the words lol)

"want a fun creepy experience?  go to a night server, put on a headlamp, and explore a town."

This is too dang scary to do alone TBH.

Edited by aaronlands
  • Haha 1