W. S.

One character per server, please devs!!!

Hi guys.

Your game is cool on Xbox but the fact that players can jump from server to server ruin the game.

What's the point to build a base and to securit it if a player can spawn into it from another server ????

Please lock the character to one server only please !

Thx

5 hours ago, W. S. said:

One character per server, please devs!!!

Thx

That would be a lonely game world lol! 

Sorry.. Had to! 

• Haha 2

Agreed it would fix most of the major issues that have been causing people to quit playing. Just make a few private hive servers, and fix persistence. Problem solved. Something needs to be done before it’s too late.

As long as just a few servers are affected: +1

Why ? Because of the mass of data for BI, since it all cost them money.

We are working on a fix to get rid of server hopping exploits, namely combat logging and ghosting into bases.

However, for now we do not intend to force individual characters for each server, as we think it is crucial that players can choose to switch their servers to meet up with friends or join more active servers.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

18 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

We are working on a fix to get rid of server hopping exploits, namely combat logging and ghosting into bases.

However, for now we do not intend to force individual characters for each server, as we think it is crucial that players can choose to switch their servers to meet up with friends or join more active servers.

@ImpulZ Hi, thanks a lot for your answer. I'm very interested about the fact that you want to stop the "server hopping", it's not cool at all that i can gear up on a low pop server then spawn in on a high pop server... and the "ghosting" thing is also wrong. Could you tell us more about? How it will work?

2 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

It is really isn't crucial for players to choose their servers, you should be able to just invite your friends into the server your playing, but server selection should just be automated, get rid of the server list, That's where the problem is.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2019 at 3:24 PM, W. S. said:

@ImpulZ Hi, thanks a lot for your answer. I'm very interested about the fact that you want to stop the "server hopping", it's not cool at all that i can gear up on a low pop server then spawn in on a high pop server... and the "ghosting" thing is also wrong. Could you tell us more about? How it will work?

Ghosting into bases: There was already a solution in H1Z1, if there is a base in the spot you are spawning, you spawn a bit farther out -> problem solved

Edited by elaintahra
  • Beans 1

On 2/27/2019 at 3:09 PM, AndrzejHook said:

It is really isn't crucial for players to choose their servers, you should be able to just invite your friends into the server your playing, but server selection should just be automated, get rid of the server list, That's where the problem is.

That could certainly prevent ghosting but wouldn't stop combat logging and server hopping for loot

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

That could certainly prevent ghosting but wouldn't stop combat logging and server hopping for loot

How?  If you join a server loot up, and try to leave to go server hop, it will automatically put you back in that same server you came out of... idk how to do that im not a computer programmer but when theres a will theres a way

3 hours ago, AndrzejHook said:

How?  If you join a server loot up, and try to leave to go server hop, it will automatically put you back in that same server you came out of... idk how to do that im not a computer programmer but when theres a will theres a way

I guess what I meant was that if it puts you into a random server. 

Pc the way to go want less problems more items pc...had to buy a gaming pc just so i can enjoy this game even then xbox think pc have no problems and they do it less but still do 

Edited by carmelo henry

On 2/27/2019 at 12:56 PM, ImpulZ said:

Would it not be possible to character lock the hardcore servers?

17 hours ago, stephen321 said:

Would it not be possible to character lock the hardcore servers?

would be nice and could actually increase the popularity of the said servers, maybe just lock one on each region. 

• Like 1

Make it so when you server hop you and your gear take damage and when spawning into a base you are sent to a random spawn point in the area out side of said base. 

On 2/27/2019 at 9:09 AM, AndrzejHook said:

Then it would be a crap-shoot to get a server that has, say, a base or camp that you built.  I don't think you put too much thought into your........thought.  A more viable solution would be to be server locked, as in you choose a "main" or "host" server, but if you server hop, you spawn in a random location and not where you spawned out.  Then, you would be able to spawn back in your original location on your "host" server.

On 3/5/2019 at 8:37 AM, carmelo henry said:

Pc the way to go want less problems more items pc...had to buy a gaming pc just so i can enjoy this game even then xbox think pc have no problems and they do it less but still do 

What language was that?

• Haha 1

If you actually play on xbox you know there isn't much base building/vehicles going on unless there dupers..i played on the weekend to really observe what goes on and basically, high pop server, its a bunch of freshies running around taking down duper bases, these guys were just hanging out in this small town with three houses and they had ammo on ammo on ammo, hmm wonder where they got that??  People just kill and take loot... there is no roleplay experience, nothing to even really be feared about... because you know that you're just gonna get shot, its like pubg basically.   So you have options... you can be a duper like the rest... cause they ALL do it... i spoke with 20 different guys on mic about it too... They need to get rid of the ability to do that... and ALSO a big problem on xbox is the invisibility glitch that people do, that just ruins the experience.  Dayz is currently NOT a hardcore survival game on xbox.. its a joke.. you just run around with your pants off with the other freshies getting killed by DUPERS