Sign in to follow this  
gambla

Raise modifier / toggle raise

Hey guys,

after about a year I was really looking forward to return to DayZ (again). But very soon I found out that the toggle-raise key has been removed, which is IMHO a real PITA.

Please feel free to correct me, but when I got it right,  you actually need 4 keys (!) to take a single aimed shot with your weapon ?

1) hold key to raise weapon

2) key to aim down sights

3) hold key to hold breath

4) key to shoot

After so many years, being a A3/Dayz-Mod veteran like many others, now I find myself thinking about which of all the keys I have to press to shoot a bloody chicken ? Seriously ?

I didn't find much about this issue but read somewhere, that this was implemented because some people didn't like to see players running around with the weapons raised.

I totally agree that this doesn't look very nice and realistic but imho you just can't change things without seriously considering usability/gameplay. There was also the point,

that shooting should not be as easy as in every FPS, still, needing 4 keys is not a real solution. We all know that IRL, these steps are natural, it's one flow - why make it harder than in real life ?

Apart of this, after so many years, I think it's a shame that there's still no key to vault over a fence.

I still love this game,

thanks for your opinion,

g.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

I agree. It is making it more difficult. Ive put the raise weapon on the left Alt and free look on the x key.

The worst i find not being able to assign the double Wx2 key for sprint. The pinky pain by holding shift is getting unbarsble sometimes

Does someone has another good solution?

Edited by hemmo
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, hemmo said:

Does someone has another good solution?

Yes, stop sprinting everywhere you go

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1