Sign in to follow this  
rileylego5555

Playing offline

How do i play dayz offline? i want to use a mod to try out some base building stuff but i dont know how to launch dayz offline

7 hours ago, NTX_Nitrix said:

You can try this, but since the last update of DayZ 1.01 it crashed.

https://github.com/Arkensor/DayZCommunityOfflineMode

Or maybe you can create a Server on your own computer

If you have a newish computer and 12g of ram or more you can run both on one machine, you can also run a 1 player server on pretty much any old junk laptop or tower if you have a disused one lying around, I'm doing it on a 4 core laptop with 8g and still getting 500 server fps with more infected per spawn zone and 80 complete cars.

Edited by BCBasher

On 2/26/2019 at 3:02 AM, rileylego5555 said:

How do i play dayz offline? i want to use a mod to try out some base building stuff but i dont know how to launch dayz offline

Here is how you do it at the moment... it may change in the future.

In your Steam library go to the Tools tab.
Install DayZ Server.
After it is installed right click it and select Properties then Launch Options, type this in there:
-config=serverDZ.cfg

You won't have to do that again.

Go to where the server files installed in steam and find \DayZServer\serverDZ.cfg
Open it with notepad and change the name of the server to what ever you want, change day/night length etc... save the file.

Just start the server from Steam like you would a game... wait for it to say init sequence finished then just start DayZ from Steam like you normaly would. When in the game select change server then go to the LAN tab and play on your private server that you named.

If you want to save a backup of the server just copy the storage_1 folder somewhere else to recover from later.

To reset the server delete all the files in the data folder: \DayZServer\mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\storage_1\data\

To delete/start a fresh character delete the players.db file under storage_1 folder:
\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\storage_1\players.db

Later on if you want to play with mods on your sever you can right click DayZ game in your library and use the Dayz Launcher to add mods.

You can also use @Arkensor's Tool called CommunityOfflineMode (also known as COM). The GitHub can be found here, and the releases can be found here. Hope this helps!

• Like 1