Lil cannible

Broken game

So i enjoy dayz a lot always have on pc always will so i said fuck it ill give consal a try. And well i think it most definitely ruined any hope for consal games guns are impossible to find like m4s aks and guns like that base building is point less because the community on xbox is so greedy and full of nothing but kos and base raping if your wanting dayz on the xbox i highly suggest you wait for it to be out of game preview. Because no offense to bohemia but its shit 

I don't think the game is broken as such, it is a game preview after all so it won't be 100% perfect.

I tend to stay away from the coast and stay inland so my interactions are very low with other players.  One thing I've not come across yet is a base but I'll look at base building once the game is stable enough you don't lose it.

Edited by Tino81

uhm the guy came here, stated some facts and ur bashing him for what?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, nikoor said:

He stated no facts.  Just a bunch of opinions.  Nothing that he stated can be backed up with logic or actual evidence.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, nikoor said:

He's salty because he couldn't find a gun and someone shot him? That doesn't make a game broken. 

• Like 1

well, guns are hard to find sometimes which is fine. badsebuilding is pointless in a long run. people do kos, which is fine. game previews ain't for everybody. you saying he's lying?

we all know the game is broken which is why it's in game preview right?

Edited by nikoor

4 minutes ago, nikoor said:

well, guns are hard to find sometimes which is fine. badsebuilding is pointless in a long run. people do kos, which is fine. game previews ain't for everybody. you saying he's lying?

we all know the game is broken which is why it's in game preview right?

Who said he was lying? And when you say the game is broken, what you actually mean is that one aspect of the game isn't working properly yet. That doesn't make a broken game. The op is complaining about being shot for gods sake. 

I think OP is saying DayZ is played by most Xboxers as if it is Rust with no grind  = Get gang, Loot up, Kill, Destroy
- this is my interpretation of his dismay

I may be wrong of course

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

51 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

I think OP is saying DayZ is played by most Xboxers as if it is Rust with no grind  = Get gang, Loot up, Kill, Destroy
- this is my interpretation of his dismay

I may be wrong of course

Unfortunately on Xbox many high pop servers is a duper warzone. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Who said he was lying? And when you say the game is broken, what you actually mean is that one aspect of the game isn't working properly yet. That doesn't make a broken game. The op is complaining about being shot for gods sake. 

One aspect? Frames, crashes, inventory? I counted 3 already. Care to elaborate what's your so called aspect? You must be tripping no offense and he ain't complaining about getting shot... you are surely worth your name

Edited by nikoor

1 hour ago, nikoor said:

One aspect? Frames, crashes, inventory? I counted 3 already. Care to elaborate what's your so called aspect? You must be tripping no offense and he ain't complaining about getting shot... you are surely worth your name

I don't have issues with frames, crashes or inventory. What aspect of inventory?? Don't play if you dislike it that much. What's so hard to grasp? 

34 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I don't have issues with frames, crashes or inventory. What aspect of inventory?? Don't play if you dislike it that much. What's so hard to grasp? 

I never said I dislike it. Still one of my favorite games at the moment even tho broken as hell. What's so hard to grasp is it seems that you're the only one having a working version of dayz and the rest of us encounter broken stuff daily basis. Even the devs know it's broken, everyone knows it's broken so why are you acting like there's nothing wrong with the game and it's polished af? That I can't understand. Are you getting paid to stay positive or are you too scared to say the truth? It can't be your game has no flaws, period.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I don't have issues with frames, crashes or inventory.

I agree that the technical side of server operation and smooth item function needs work, and the whole set of items and actions needs putting BACK into the game  - but the work is going ahead,  and - same as you - that doesn't mess up my game any .. it's just part of the "uncertainty" of the DayZ experience, one of the usual "strange interesting things" that have always been happening in DayZ development since the start. All part of the crazy game (I like) from BI.

I just wonder if many Xbox players think DayZ is a " Rust-like " and play it ONLY for LoLs and Destruction & Dissing - that's their privilege - but there's a lot more in the DayZ game as it was originally thought out and designed, and a lot of progress was made towards a unique experience (look at all the spinoffs and copies) - would be a pity if DayZ turned back and started copying one of its own copies (e.g. Rust)  and got a reputation like that, and then only attracted players who wanted that Gang, Kill, Destroy kick. 

On the other hand - DayZ has always needed some bandits and killers and KoSers.. they are 100% better than AI & NPCs at making the game dangerous and total stress. That's ONE of the things DayZ is about, right?

- but sure it aint "polished" right now. That's the work in progress.

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I just went and played a total of 34 minutes. Spawned Berezino. This is what I experienced:

- zombies hitting you even you block them, occasionally damaged my stuff and it took a whole duct tape to repair
- zombies going through you when fighting them
- frames dropped to around 15 occasionally
- buildings disappear and suddenly spawn in front of you as a white block
- inventory would not close until 3-4 tries to smash B
- sound cuts out and footsteps are delayed
- zombies agro through walls even when you're not moving
- pistol would not chamber a round with Y

I recorded it all. Want me to upload it for you to see what sort of a game the rest of us are playing? All this in the first 30 minutes, no wonder people are leaving. Can only hope the next update really fixes some critical issues. Just for the games sake.

Edited by nikoor

14 hours ago, nikoor said:

I just went and played a total of 34 minutes. Spawned Berezino. This is what I experienced:

- zombies hitting you even you block them, occasionally damaged my stuff and it took a whole duct tape to repair
- zombies going through you when fighting them
- frames dropped to around 15 occasionally
- buildings disappear and suddenly spawn in front of you as a white block
- inventory would not close until 3-4 tries to smash B
- sound cuts out and footsteps are delayed
- zombies agro through walls even when you're not moving
- pistol would not chamber a round with Y

I recorded it all. Want me to upload it for you to see what sort of a game the rest of us are playing? All this in the first 30 minutes, no wonder people are leaving. Can only hope the next update really fixes some critical issues. Just for the games sake.

Regular Xbox ? I dont have that much problems with my X.

Inventory bug ? The window button press to close and reopen it is a very easy work around.

Zombie agro through walls ? only if u r loud as far as i can tell. Never had a real issue with it.

Frame drops ? Mostly for one and one s users

Zombies can hit u, even if u block... Yes, probably related to server performance. Going through u too.

Sound cuts and footsteps delayed... A one and one s issue for 99% of the time.

Pistol not chamber... Dont have a problem with it.

Buildings dis and reappearing... Server performance ( very hard for one and one s user )

Edited by xhardcorefishx
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, xhardcorefishx said:

Regular Xbox ? I dont have that much problems with my X.

Inventory bug ? The window button press to close and reopen it is a very easy work around.

Zombie agro through walls ? only if u r loud as far as i can tell. Never had a real issue with it.

Frame drops ? Mostly for one and one s users

Zombies can hit u, even if u block... Yes, probably related to server performance. Going through u too.

Sound cuts and footsteps delayed... A one and one s issue for 99% of the time.

Pistol not chamber... Dont have a problem with it.

Buildings dis and reappearing... Server performance ( very hard for one and one s user )

Xbox One X with an external SSD. With the inventory not closing I mean it takes few presses of B or the inventory button to close, propably because the game is laggy and it doesn't register the action.

Well I finally experienced some bad frame rates last night. I changed from my usual server to a different server and every few minutes, regardless of where I was, I had stuttering frame rates. The only thing I noticed on the server was that there seemed to be a lot of base building activity everywhere. I left the server and went back to my normal server and frame rates were fine again. 

I don't seen too have issues with chambering rounds and I don't particularly recall problems leaving inventory, but I tend to travel quite light so maybe it happens if you're carrying a ton of gear. 

I've had zombie aggro when I've been in buildings before but I always assumed they saw me through the window. Don't think it's ever happened to me when I've been in, say, a garage with no windows. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Like 1

We are all extremely happy that you don't have a problem DayzDayzFanboy.

But that dont account for the large majority of the players and is not really relevant - I hope that aint "to hard to grasp".

1 hour ago, Jonas Levin said:

We are all extremely happy that you don't have a problem DayzDayzFanboy.

But that dont account for the large majority of the players and is not really relevant - I hope that aint "to hard to grasp".

Cheers bud, glad to oblige. I'm sorry you're having so many issues. I've played a few in the past but I just stopped playing them. 

I would be interested to know where this majority is and the exact numbers as you seem to have a detailed knowledge of this. I'm aware of a die hard group of about six or seven people on here who seem determined to convince everyone that the game is 'broken' when it actually just had some bugs. I'm not sure if you have ever played any other games but just in case you were thinking about it I should probably warn you that most games have bugs. Including full release AAA titles. I wouldn't want you to be disappointed. 

Oh, and this is a public forum and we are all allowed to express our opinions without being verbally attacked. Is that too hard to grasp? 

• Like 5
  • Beans 1

I understand players frustrations , especially with the seemingly total frame drops that occur for a few seconds at a time that can be deadly during driving or fighting infected or other players, but I'm pretty certain the next update will contain a lot of simulation fixes, server stability and persistence fixes, as well as the two new weapons and hunting scope etc. This is pure conjecture obviously but ,my assumption is we will receive most of the contents of the PC experimental update that went live the same day we received our last update as that update contained the two new weapons confirmed to be in our next Xbox update. I stream this game four days a week for over 7 hours at a time so i have a pretty good handle on how it performs on console & i agree it can be frustrating unless you modify your expectations.

But lets be real. How many triple A titles released by massive gaming studios actually work on release these days? not many & there full price and supposed finished products. DayZ is a game preview made by an indie game studio and I've tanked more hours of game play, had more fun & players interactions within it than any other console game I've ever played. I'm not suggesting the game is immune to criticism, but i for one have definitely already had my moneys worth even in its unfinished work in progress state. 

And yes there are some KOS players & yes there is a problem with duplication at the moment but i can say with complete certainty that the majority of players just want to experience a hardcore survival game the way it was intended to be played, if not then nobody would come watch me play legitimately with no KOS, duplication or base griefing etc & i wouldn't have built a friend/viewer base who love to just explore, survive, build, drive & interact with other players as i do.

But you are a consumer & you bought the product so your'e entitled to your opinion & i respect that, this has been purely my opinion. My advice to anyone stuck in the coastal meat grinder is get away from the south (especially sol factory) & come join the rest of us folk in the north where it gets far less murdery .

• Beans 1

18 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Cheers bud, glad to oblige. I'm sorry you're having so many issues. I've played a few in the past but I just stopped playing them. 

I would be interested to know where this majority is and the exact numbers as you seem to have a detailed knowledge of this. I'm aware of a die hard group of about six or seven people on here who seem determined to convince everyone that the game is 'broken' when it actually just had some bugs. I'm not sure if you have ever played any other games but just in case you were thinking about it I should probably warn you that most games have bugs. Including full release AAA titles. I wouldn't want you to be disappointed. 

Oh, and this is a public forum and we are all allowed to express our opinions without being verbally attacked. Is that too hard to grasp? 

I can assume that some irritation of players lies more deeply than release of new DayZ. The game DayZ on the basis of VR and in the game Arma2, players had less problems and critics. The release of new perspective Arma3 in the 2013th year generated expectations of players to receive more stability in game process.
Since then there passed five years. All understood that their expectations, cannot be fully realized on the old VR engine. The new engine in DayZ gives rise to new expectations of players which begin with old five-year problems.
  I do not play more than a year Arma3 and I have no expectations there. Now I try DayZ and my expectations in many respects find the realized outlines of former expectations from Arma3. I not really like style of game process DayZ, excuse for my preference in a game. I received more good impressions, my expectations beat less before I tried DayZ. I hope my expectations will not be less.
Guys, it is not necessary to be upset strongly and to belong with patience. I think all "not with pleasure" from such long way of search of the solution of a big problem. Tests and tickets about problems are necessary, it will accelerate the solution of questions on elimination of problems.

Edited by lex__1

I understand your frustration guns are supposed to be hard to find which in turn can make player interactions less life threatening, if you want to get a gun and kill people that's a valid playstyle as is every playstyle bar cheating, you might have more fun on pubg

I honestly don't believe you have ever played dayz on pc because if you had you would be old enough to spell the word console