rickyriot

So is this normal? One punch death in melee.

56 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

Make sure you aren't wearing ruined clothing.  It makes a difference.

As far as I can tell it only increases the getting cut open and bleed frequency but wouldn't surprise me if we do take more damage overall

On 2/25/2019 at 1:23 AM, Just Caused said:

not be able to climb stairs, get stuck on doors, run around like brainless fly while jumping over fences back and forth, can easily outrun the player since they have more stamina, that they can pull a 180 on you way quicker than your character, can detect you from miles away, can turn and sometimes player's attacks doesn't register while their's does?

...  you EVER seen any Zombie films ?  
Your list sounds about right to me - except it would be BETTER IMO if they climbed stairs AND if one or two had double strength and ripped doors open to get at you
but I've never met any zombs IRL (I lead a sheltered life) so I'm not too sure how they really behave ?
- how do the ones in your local region act when they spot you ?

6 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

...  you EVER seen any Zombie films ?  
Your list sounds about right to me - except it would be BETTER IMO if they climbed stairs AND if one or two had double strength and ripped doors open to get at you
but I've never met any zombs IRL (I lead a sheltered life) so I'm not too sure how they really behave ?
- how do the ones in your local region act when they spot you ?

You didn't get the point, I replied to them listing out how buggy they are, and hell, they are so buggy. But what's to expect, Arma and DayZ clearly have one of worst AI's I've seen. Seems like BI doesn't know how to actually make working AI that feels like a real opponent. 

There's local zombie in my town, went out of to dinner with him, he got angry because there weren't any brains on the menu. He hella likes to go out clubbing.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Just Caused said:

You didn't get the point, I replied to them listing out how buggy they are, and hell, they are so buggy. But what's to expect, Arma and DayZ clearly have one of worst AI's I've seen. Seems like BI doesn't know how to actually make working AI that feels like a real opponent. 

There's local zombie in my town, went out of to dinner with him, he got angry because there weren't any brains on the menu. He hella likes to go out clubbing.

I really dont know what game you're playing but they definitely are not buggy.  I even have increased infected and they still act normally.  I have yet to have been killed by one of these so called buggy infected.  If you hate the game that much, fine, but don't go spreading lies and misinformation.

• Beans 1

25 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

I really dont know what game you're playing but they definitely are not buggy.  I even have increased infected and they still act normally.  I have yet to have been killed by one of these so called buggy infected.  If you hate the game that much, fine, but don't go spreading lies and misinformation.

On @Guy Smiley's server there are a lot more zombies than the vanilla - they work REALLY Fine.. Worth a visit to see what an increase in zomb population can do for the game.. it makes town/village standard looting a NON CASUAL event.. and go look at the roadblocks and mil bases - they ARE NOT semi-deserted, for SURE. .. I don't know from experience, but I estimate even a hopper couldn't spawn in to a mil tent and straight out again, without getting one or two zombs on their back. The hopper sure couldn't bank on it -  and a gunshot will bring plenty more in seconds. 

- I would LIKE to have zombs that could climb stairs (like in the old days) .. that made for some GREAT situations.  
- and I would also LIKE an occasional random zomb to be more dangerous & BAD than average - so instead of standing howling outside (because they know you're in there) , just sometimes a zomb could tear a door open or kick and rip it to pieces and get in at you.

- apart from those 2 things, zombs are OK IMO.  Definitely OK when they come in extra numbers - like on  server 172.96.140.114 = Dead by Dawn
That server had about the right balance for zombie numbers. Go look.  If it continues to run as clean & smoothly as right now, when it has max players - the Devs should check it out and think seriously about increasing vanilla zomb population.

2 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

I'd love to record it on my game but to be honest I don't even bother to prove a point. And I don't hate the game, I'm just criticizing it.

Edited by Just Caused

Nothing is overly wrong with infected.  I still don't think you're even playing the game

Edited by Guy Smiley

On 2/24/2019 at 8:17 PM, eno said:

5) Striking in quick succession does cause some drift of your character... if you're not careful you'll segue through the zombie or it will get around you to a point where it can strike you. This takes a little getting used to- but if you stay on it and control your movements to account for it this should still work for you.  

it doesnt feel like im in control of my character when it does that. they should allow you to move freely while swinging like it used to.

19 minutes ago, Buakaw said:

it doesnt feel like im in control of my character when it does that. they should allow you to move freely while swinging like it used to.

Absolutely... 

I haven't quite figured out what the relationship or ratio of "hit points" is in terms of where you're striking from but it definitely seems like I have to hack away a lot when I'm clipping through a zombie as opposed to standing off- yet the hits continue to register.

If I am able to stand off and strike with a combat / hunter knife I can often take one down in a couple of swipes... but if I'm "one" with the zombie I'll have to hit them 6-7 times. I haven't paid enough attention to notice if there are ever times I'm standing off when it takes me that often (which would suggest a little more RNG in the strike) or if it's always 2-3 strikes from standoff distance and always 6-8 when in coitus...  

It's not game breaking by any means... typically you can work through it. Maybe my galactic expectations of 1.0 are simply over the top. 

On 3/6/2019 at 9:36 PM, emuthreat said:

Make sure you aren't wearing ruined clothing.  It makes a difference.

Damn, I was getting used to not having to care about the state of clothes. 

Thanks for this info. I was wondering if there were any negatives aside from being unable to re-equip ruined gear, and it being a bit brighter.

1 hour ago, Nayte said:

Damn, I was getting used to not having to care about the state of clothes. 

Thanks for this info. I was wondering if there were any negatives aside from being unable to re-equip ruined gear, and it being a bit brighter.

The biggest advantage to having pristine gear is the "hit points" that act as a buffer in the garment versus your personal health pool. So if a bullet hits you (or a punch) it'll do a certain amount of damage... but that damage can be spread throughout your garments- I think the contents and then your body. 

Now in terms of contents- that may not still apply... I remember back in the day having protector cases / med kits / cooking pots etc was beneficial because they acted somewhat like a bullet proof vest... since they not only distributed damage away from contents but also your character if the impact happened on the garment in which they were stored. 

Recently I had a few zombies aggro on me and this was not desirable... as a result they ruined my high cap vest. I could still store stuff in it- which was good- but I knew if I took a bullet it would provide 0 further protection... so I needed to decide if I needed the extra capacity or wanted the protection. 

I may be a bit off with this but I think I'm close. 

Edited by eno
  • Beans 1

50 minutes ago, eno said:

The biggest advantage to having pristine gear is the "hit points" that act as a buffer in the garment versus your personal health pool. So if a bullet hits you (or a punch) it'll do a certain amount of damage... but that damage can be spread throughout your garments- I think the contents and then your body. 

Now in terms of contents- that may not still apply... I remember back in the day having protector cases / med kits / cooking pots etc was beneficial because they acted somewhat like a bullet proof vest... since they not only distributed damage away from contents but also your character if the impact happened on the garment in which they were stored. 

Recently I had a few zombies aggro on me and this was not desirable... as a result they ruined my high cap vest. I could still store stuff in it- which was good- but I knew if I took a bullet it would provide 0 further protection... so I needed to decide if I needed the extra capacity or wanted the protection. 

I may be a bit off with this but I think I'm close. 

Thanks for all that. It definitely makes sense.

I haven’t really had the opportunity to test these things out on official servers. I just thought clothes offered no protection, other than from weather conditions.

I was talking to a friend the other day about the possible protection offered by ballistic vests and tac helmets. Although, neither of us wanted to be guinea pigs..