Sign in to follow this  
Guy Smiley

Server Updates

How does BI push out it updates to the server hosters?  I'm going through Vilayer and they apparently are having issues with this update and I cannot update my server at the moment.  Yes I've put in a ticket with them but I've gotten a very vague response from them.  Is this a problem with BI giving out a shitty server file for that specific hoster?  How does BI send out these updates?  Since that update has gone live I'm still shut down as of this message so that should tell you how long it's been since this has been going on

There's no problem updating the server files with steamCMD. There shouldn't be an issue with Vilayer if they gave you access to run the SteamCMD before. I switched from server hosts to my own VPS because of issues like that.

3 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

There's no problem updating the server files with steamCMD. There shouldn't be an issue with Vilayer if they gave you access to run the SteamCMD before. I switched from server hosts to my own VPS because of issues like that.

I still never got a proper answer but apparently the steamCMD isn't working properly 

9 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

I still never got a proper answer but apparently the steamCMD isn't working properly 

I guess they mean THEIR SteamCMD isn't working. Worked fine for me. I rent a VPS and I use OmegaManager. I didn't even have to update the server. It autoupdates it for me. Is your server still running 1.01.150505?

7 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I guess they mean THEIR SteamCMD isn't working. Worked fine for me. I rent a VPS and I use OmegaManager. I didn't even have to update the server. It autoupdates it for me. Is your server still running 1.01.150505?

Yes is it.  I can't even update it to the experimental version

So, they still haven't bothered to contact me about the server status but I was finally able to update it.  Just no response whether it was good to go or not....

Yeah, I left Vilayer for GTX Gaming, then I got a VPS. Those server hosts are just crap.