Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

Any update on Notes returning?

I'm really curious about the ability to write Notes with pens and paper.

For server owners that are invested into RP and storytelling, this feature is a must have. Is there any eta on the return of Notes?

Are they being reworked in anyway?

• Thanks 2
  • Beans 3

11 minutes ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

For server owners that are invested into RP and storytelling, this feature is a must have. Is there any eta on the return of Notes?

Very curious about this too... 

The problem with them before was they didn't last very long... so you could leave one and it would basically evaporate or not be visible to the next person anyway. Definitely should be something that can stand the test of time.

• Beans 2

It would give me an extreme boner if I could leave ascii art of penises in my brother's base when I take his M4s.

• Haha 4
  • Beans 1

They were a great idea but in the grand scheme of things, I'd be more concerned they turn their attention to the many things missing that actually affect the game.

No harm in asking for an update of course, not at all, but I'd be worried if this was in any way a priority.

On 2/21/2019 at 7:38 PM, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

There were many occasions where I wanted to leave a persistent note. Or a map, for that matter.

On 2/21/2019 at 3:42 PM, Parazight said:

It would give me an extreme boner if I could leave ascii art of penises in my brother's base when I take his M4s.

And now we finally know the developers have decided that notes are not a priority at this time...

For the time being, you will have to settle for pixel art penises in his tent inventory, made of single stack .380 rounds or other generally useless items.  Or if you are feeling very enterprising, grow some pumpkins and tomatoes and try your hand at 2d and 3d phallic installations of scattered or stacked produce.

Please report your progress back to this thread for our amusement.

• Beans 1

10 hours ago, emuthreat said:

And now we finally know the developers have decided that notes are not a priority at this time...

For the time being, you will have to settle for pixel art penises in his tent inventory, made of single stack .380 rounds or other generally useless items.  Or if you are feeling very enterprising, grow some pumpkins and tomatoes and try your hand at 2d and 3d phallic installations of scattered or stacked produce.

Please report your progress back to this thread for our amusement.

I once gathered up a backpack full of shovels and used garden plots to draw up a big 'ol weiner just east of novo.  It was a grand sight from the rocks to the north. Back in .58 or so.  Unfortunately, I lost the screenshot.  good times, good times.

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

I once gathered up a backpack full of shovels and used garden plots to draw up a big 'ol weiner just east of novo.  It was a grand sight from the rocks to the north. Back in .58 or so.  Unfortunately, I lost the screenshot.  good times, good times.

I’ll need to see an aerial view of that big camp that I saw... somehow I think I now know the shape the walls are in...

• Haha 1

I played with the pen and paper in COM and found some interesting developments...

Dragging a pen to paper in hand produces a orange box, yay.

I was going to say new, but let's settle on the word different for the typing ui.

The OK option to finish is directly over other text, obviously an issue there.

When the paper has been written on you can hold left mb to read. You don't actually read it, but you get a read animation in 3PP which looks cool.

Really excited to see this finished and stay persistent!

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)
  • Beans 1

interesst things, the same are if you build a gardenplot and hold a Potato in your Hands, you see the Popup "Plant" but its not possible to plant... (missing Potato-Plantobjekts in the game Files ??)