ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.0150627

8 hours ago, lex__1 said:

I will show the video where there are transparent textures of equipment, after use of a view of rifle optics. To return to textures color it is necessary to look in other type of optics. Any optics on a rifle does transparent textures of a part of equipment, and any optics without rifle will return color to texture.
On video a scene on the server with Mods.
But I checked it without Mods, the effect was confirmed.

https://youtu.be/kboIEo5y9WM

Talk to the modders of whatever mods you are running.  You're using a modded gun so it's most likely the reason you're textures are screwed up.  

11 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

Talk to the modders of whatever mods you are running.  You're using a modded gun so it's most likely the reason you're textures are screwed up.  

Before updating and emergence of a problem with field-glasses, there was no problem with optics in Mods.

On 2/25/2019 at 3:25 AM, BetterDeadThanZed said:

The events.xml file was overwritten at some point and I never noticed it, as I don't loot cycle, I move from one area to the other, looking for loot, so I never noticed it. This has been fixed in my server files and will be updated soon.

tested on your server...loot farming is still on.
5D5C3881A3D9649FD5BB83669B9EE0DACA76CC1D

33 minutes ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

As i see it the way to stop loot farming , is to take all loot out of the game , is that what you guys want?

ööö...maybe hour or two would be good timer for loot to respawn but now,examble killing zeds server...loot respawns right away when im approx 200 meter away from house what i just looted.
what im gonna do with all the tents or bases cos loot keeps spawning in seconds?

and "killing zed" server owner said that he changed the value to hour cos there was some problem in setting...but it doesent work.

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

this is the year of the development of the new dayz standalone so give them a bit of time because all that came before is the old dayz . 

It has already been a year in development since the new engine.

• Beans 1

8 hours ago, kopo79 said:

5D5C3881A3D9649FD5BB83669B9EE0DACA76CC1D

I can assume, it is frequent, some players follow in the tracks of the predecessor.
To catch up and kill the player who robbed everything and left nothing?
Why the player following in the tracks of the predecessor has to see empty locations?
Ask a question about another. It is possible to raise a question on another - each player activates a location and objects in it will appear once in a session of each player of no more than 1 times.

When we get rid of the clipping hair and clothes? Every character I meet looks really ugly with all this clipping stuff that it really breaks the immersion..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

yes but in earnest after they removed  .62 and all that came before.

Not sure if I get your sentence. But it's almost a year ago now that 0.63 was first released to the public. I'm assuming that before they did that, the engine was already done so it has been a year or over a year now.

11 hours ago, lex__1 said:

I can assume, it is frequent, some players follow in the tracks of the predecessor.
To catch up and kill the player who robbed everything and left nothing?
Why the player following in the tracks of the predecessor has to see empty locations?
Ask a question about another. It is possible to raise a question on another - each player activates a location and objects in it will appear once in a session of each player of no more than 1 times.

Because that is what makes the game a post-apocalyptic game. The feeling there is nothing to loot because it has already been looted. It makes you feel alone on the world, what we basically are in DayZ, except for a few survivors. And that makes it more of a survival game as well.

Now it just is a loot simulator. Why would you bother with loot if you're not going to make places empty. Why not give the player an option to get the gear he wants as he spawns in?

Edited by IMT
  • Beans 1

20 hours ago, kopo79 said:

I edited events.xml, looted a boat, ran away and waited. Loot didn't respawn. If increasing the restock setting in events.xml doesn't fix it, then that means the setting doesn't work in DayZ.

1 minute ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I edited events.xml, looted a boat, ran away and waited. Loot didn't respawn. If increasing the restock setting in events.xml doesn't fix it, then that means the setting doesn't work in DayZ.

Or the system is bugged, AGAIN. Stuff like this was possible in the past but got fixed and now it's back.

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

There is not always new loot on boats....but just take test with 3 buildings....take all the loot away from there and run 200 meters away.new loot is spawned.tested many times in many servers.

2 hours ago, IMT said:

Because that is what makes the game a post-apocalyptic game. The feeling there is nothing to loot because it has already been looted. It makes you feel alone on the world, what we basically are in DayZ, except for a few survivors. And that makes it more of a survival game as well.

Now it just is a loot simulator. Why would you bother with loot if you're not going to make places empty. Why not give the player an option to get the gear he wants as he spawns in? 

Then it is necessary to provide that players did not revive from one marching point several times.
What sense to play on the server where everything will be plundered, and you have no chance to survive with initial equipment?

Edited by lex__1

29 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

What sense to play on the server where everything will be plundered, and you have no chance to survive with initial equipment?

Well obviously you can but maybe not the way that you see/do it.

You can craft your first (and basically only needed) melee weapon with a Stones

You can get warm by Just Wood items found in a tree ffs.

You can get fed AND hydrated by living of the land. Apple, Berry, Meat, water. 

So you dont need to die if YOU dont want to. 

But yes if you are on a private server with a working loot table then you Will have a tough time getting "geared" up if thats what you want.

Finding a gun and get it working on a private server  (after some hard looting) is way more rewarding then finding one after 3 houses. (Imo)

• Beans 1

4 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

again on your server...after 40 minutes of running...
9E2DD27E833CD79A499F2125905C0EB9E0678B71

most of are what spawns again is clothes...sometimes guns,bullets,helmets,barb wife,lock...
also...
these keeps spawning also...
013F61E7DC83555C76C3EAB213A966E4AE11FE07

so....do we still have infinite apples?...i was just constanly running between three places and fruits just spawned all the time.

but hey...now its someones other turn to test this...i have done my job here.
i should be in sauna with my wife but here i am testing fully released godammit game.
but i really cant play the game where system works like this.i have played allready with my imagination and also setted my own rules for this game and i thought  that 1.0...i can find server and start play
like i always wanted.
there i found hardcore server where i can play "that" survival but no...
kippis and sauna

Edited by kopo79
  • Beans 1

50 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

9E2DD27E833CD79A499F2125905C0EB9E0678B71

most of are what spawns again is clothes...sometimes guns,bullets,helmets,barb wife,lock...
also...
these keeps spawning also...
013F61E7DC83555C76C3EAB213A966E4AE11FE07

so....do we still have infinite apples?...i was just constanly running between three places and fruits just spawned all the time.

i should be in sauna with my wife but here i am testing fully released godammit game.
but i really cant play the game where system works like this.i have played allready with my imagination and also setted my own rules for this game and i thought  that 1.0...i can find server and start play
like i always wanted.
there i found hardcore server where i can play "that" survival but no...
kippis and sauna

Well of course not, there are more pressing issues than survival stuff of course. Come on now, you know that. (/s in case it wasn't clear).

Edited by IMT
  • Beans 2

2 hours ago, kopo79 said:

*snip*

*snip*

Played a bit of public last week, got a spawn on the S/W corner so I swam to Skalatisy my favourite closed ecosystem to test loot spawning, I don't think there's a player spawn there anymore?

I could run laps of the island collecting canned goods in excess, ammo, and guns.

As far as survival lol, pretty damn easy on a magical island that grows canned goods on tables and at boats every 5 minutes.  

Edited by BCBasher
  • Beans 1

This is a common topic, not sure where else to put it though, breathing effect. The breathing effect (vapor rising from player's mouth) must be adjusted. At the current state, in total darkness you can clearly see player's breath at long distances. It renders any sneaking and hiding useless. I regularly use it to navigate, following my friend in pitch black. He suffers from the visual bug where he sees noise on screen regardless of his brightness setting so he can see a bit in the dark and I just follow his breath. 

JuQkZLC.png

Video:

Edited by William Sternritter
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, McWendy said:

Well obviously you can but maybe not the way that you see/do it.

You can craft your first (and basically only needed) melee weapon with a Stones

You can get warm by Just Wood items found in a tree ffs.

You can get fed AND hydrated by living of the land. Apple, Berry, Meat, water. 

So you dont need to die if YOU dont want to. 

But yes if you are on a private server with a working loot table then you Will have a tough time getting "geared" up if thats what you want.

Finding a gun and get it working on a private server  (after some hard looting) is way more rewarding then finding one after 3 houses. (Imo) 

1. If game conditions on the server are directed to survival and progress of the character, when there is no PvP collision - then yes, spam of objects excessively often.
2. If game conditions on the server are directed to survival and progress of the character when collisions of PvP are not forbidden - then spam of objects has normal rate.
There is no sense to complicate survival conditions in the environment when on the server there is more risk - to die from actions of other player.
I do not know the server where there is no risk to die from actions of other player. Death of the character - is followed by total loss of progress of the character. What sense to create the game parameters complicating progress of the character?

19 hours ago, IMT said:

I know that there are dishonest players who use others (game bugs) ways for reproduction of objects - spend less time for reproduction. It is perhaps necessary to decide how to close such ways?

Edited by lex__1

Just tried some of this tonight after a break since the big disappointment in December. I experienced all this within less than an hour. It's really a mess.

1. The inventory is a shitload of trouble navigating, especially if you're in a stressful situation which I thankfully wasn't tonight.

2. I tried to drop a zombie (on a server with great ping) but it locked me into the enviorment made me unable to move. I unloaded a AKM into its stomach and nothing happend. I switched to my M4 and shot like 3 times and it finally went down. Could it have been high ping after all? I check the server and everything look good though. 

One tough zomber vs K-AM

3. Just for fun I tried the gesture circle/wheel and went to "fuck off" and both moved my mouse all the way out and tried clicking on it but the menu was stuck making me unable to move or even pressing "escape" to quit the game. After a long time trying everything (I could not even alt+tab out of Dayz) I finally managed to kill Dayz.

Edit: Somethings were badly or wrongly explained so I adjusted those sentences.

Edited by Brandon Clinch
  • Beans 1

5 hours ago, Brandon Clinch said:

1. The inventory is a shitload of trouble navigating, especially if you're in a stressful situations which I thankfully wasn't tonight. 

Fully agree, a lot of Tetris confusion in things and equipment. Things do not comply with the registration of their places, after the rotation of objects through the hands by means of shortcuts.

2. I tried to drop a zombie (on a server with great ping) but it locked me into the enviorment made me unable to move. I unloaded a full AKM mag into its stomach and nothing happend. I switched to my M4 and shot like 3 times and it finally went down but my clothes were damaged and I was bleeding like a stuck pig. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9-GPzn9iJ4

Try to shoot from the sight of the sight. The crosshair on the screen does not give a good idea of the exact shot. One bullet in the head of a zombie and he will fall.

3. Just for fun I tried the gesture circle/wheel and went to "fuck off" and both moved my mouse all the way out and tried clicking on it but the menu was stuck making me unable to move or even pressing "escape" to quit the game. After a long time trying everything I had to alt+tab and take out Dayz via Killprocess. 

Need step by step instructions on how to reproduce it.

10 hours ago, lex__1 said:

Fully agree, a lot of Tetris confusion in things and equipment. Things do not comply with the registration of their places, after the rotation of objects through the hands by means of shortcuts.

Try to shoot from the sight of the sight. The crosshair on the screen does not give a good idea of the exact shot. One bullet in the head of a zombie and he will fall.

Need step by step instructions on how to reproduce it.

It's not really that hard to recreate. You know how the wheel works right? Anyways, I added a video of the lockup in my previous post. If you are interested check it out.