Sign in to follow this  
ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.0150627

Hello Survivors,

today's Experimental update aims to provide some fixes to the server browser. The Server files have received an update as well.

Please verify your game files before playing the new update (including your User Data), and report all bugs you encounter to https://feedback.bistudio.com/.

Patchnotes

FIXED

• Fixed: Server browser performance updates when loading and sorting the servers
  • Fixed: Incorrect display of server time when the server is running in winter months
  • Fixed: Filtering actions now have a throbber
  • Fixed: Server browser now continues refreshing if no server is found
  • Fixed: Character name should be displayed properly
  • Fixed: Progress statistic should be displayed properly

TWEAKED

• Tweaked: Visuals of the server browser

Notes

• Thanks 4
  • Beans 6

All this is nice..but when we have that survival game?diseases,temperatures?penalty for eating whole sheep raw?

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 3

This is the third post I've seen on reddit that talks about persistence still wiping bases since the "workaround".  I am just reporting this reddit thread as it seems persistence is still not working.   

Edited by THEGordonFreeman

The game looks like its making good progress right now. Thanks for that DEVs.

But i miss the survival of this survival game.. Survival would be if you struggle to find enough food and water to survive. If you are really happy that you maybe just cretaed a little garden to feed you for a while as most of the canned food is long gone. If you hopeing to find warm clothing because your life depends on it. Survival is that you hope to get a fire going to just cook the fish you just caught with your self made fishing rod.

Its that you are very disappointed that your rabbit trap didnt catch anything and you have to find alternatives to feed yourself.Survival is that if you mange to hunt an animal you for sure make use out every bit of it. Survial is that you dont drop canteens and water bottles because you already got 5 of them, You would love to have every single one of it. Same as backpacks and seeds.

Survival is cleaning your wounds you just received so they dont get infected, as you barley survived this wolf attack. Survival is searching or doing anything for a pack of antibiotics.Survival is If you think about killing and eating your best friend with your last bullet to not starve.

This is survival. (And no, i am not talking about wrong balancing like having to eat all 15 minutes).

Nothing of this is even remotely needed right now. Any word of the DEVs when its planned to get this feeling back?

Edited by krazikilla
  • Beans 2

3 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

This is the third post I've seen on reddit that talks about persistence still wiping bases since the "workaround".  I am just reporting this reddit thread as it seems persistence is still not working.   

Interesting, I myself have been building a base as well and all my walls and single watchtower are still standing after almost two weeks. This is actually the first complaint that I have seen since the first platform update, and I check this and the Steam forums daily. Not Reddit though. I did had two tents as well, but one was gone while my barrel got raided and my cars wheels got stolen. So I assume it would have been other players taking my tent. My large tent was suddenly gone a few days ago. There was evidence of recent player activity though.

By the way, I read a while ago that players can ruin a tent and that it will de-spawn upon server restart, as it is ruined. Might be happening as well? Never tested it myself.

6 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

"This server has tons of mods." 

Don't get me wrong I understand your angle and respect your passionate disposition but I'm not sure lumping results from a server with any mods (nevermind tons of mods) with progress on vanilla experimental servers is a winning stratagem.

Pretty unremarkable... you wont catch me on this experimental branch. 

Edited by Solopopo

1 hour ago, Solopopo said:

Pretty unremarkable... you wont catch me on this experimental branch. 

If only it was feasible to release huge patches every week. RDR2 Online has been out for over an entire season and has had 0 major patches.

• Beans 1

20 hours ago, krazikilla said:

The game looks like its making good progress right now. Thanks for that DEVs.

But i miss the survival of this survival game.. Survival would be if you struggle to find enough food and water to survive. If you are really happy that you maybe just cretaed a little garden to feed you for a while as most of the canned food is long gone. If you hopeing to find warm clothing because your life depends on it. Survival is that you hope to get a fire going to just cook the fish you just caught with your self made fishing rod.

Its that you are very disappointed that your rabbit trap didnt catch anything and you have to find alternatives to feed yourself.Survival is that if you mange to hunt an animal you for sure make use out every bit of it. Survial is that you dont drop canteens and water bottles because you already got 5 of them, You would love to have every single one of it. Same as backpacks and seeds.

Survival is cleaning your wounds you just received so they dont get infected, as you barley survived this wolf attack. Survival is searching or doing anything for a pack of antibiotics.Survival is If you think about killing and eating your best friend with your last bullet to not starve.

This is survival. (And no, i am not talking about wrong balancing like having to eat all 15 minutes).

Nothing of this is even remotely needed right now. Any word of the DEVs when its planned to get this feeling back?

Your "vision" is focused on both the availability (or better - scarcity) of food-sources and diseases. The first is split into balancing of the existing mechanics as well as the loot distribution, and the implementation of missing mechanics, such as fishing and snare traps. We are already on our way with the balancing - new mechanics will be implemented when we can give them the priority. So far they are flavour, "just another source of food gathering", while they are without a doubt very atmospheric. Meaning, there are more decisive factors for DayZ gameplay and connected issues, which have to be prioritised at this point.

Diseases are also on their way, with Cholera, Salmonella, Kuru and the function of the immune system receiving refinement. More diseases, poisoning options and ways to cure them will follow.

"When" you will feel very comfortable in terms of "survival vs nature" again, is difficult to say, it depends not only on development progress, but also your luck or misfortune in the game. But when it comes to the development of the two factors mentioned above, rest assured that we are constantly working on them to move DayZ slowly towards the desired experience.

• Like 1
  • Beans 3

Okay so you've passed along some very basic fixes for core UI features still not working that you really should have been sorted out before you even called the game 1.0.

Where's our update with some of the features we were sold years ago that are still not in or back in the game?

I see were the same version as stable now, that mean development is done for the week?

9 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

Your "vision" is focused on both the availability (or better - scarcity) of food-sources and diseases. The first is split into balancing of the existing mechanics as well as the loot distribution, and the implementation of missing mechanics, such as fishing and snare traps. We are already on our way with the balancing - new mechanics will be implemented when we can give them the priority. So far they are flavour, "just another source of food gathering", while they are without a doubt very atmospheric. Meaning, there are more decisive factors for DayZ gameplay and connected issues, which have to be prioritised at this point.

Diseases are also on their way, with Cholera, Salmonella, Kuru and the function of the immune system receiving refinement. More diseases, poisoning options and ways to cure them will follow.

"When" you will feel very comfortable in terms of "survival vs nature" again, is difficult to say, it depends not only on development progress, but also your luck or misfortune in the game. But when it comes to the development of the two factors mentioned above, rest assured that we are constantly working on them to move DayZ slowly towards the desired experience.

One of the key aspects in hardcore survival, even in real life and he calls it "flavour" and "just another source of food gathering", smh. When I bought DayZ, I thought I was going to buy a survival game and not a "let's see how many times we can recreate trivial features"-simulator.

Edited by IMT

2 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Thanks for that answer, i know this things take time, and while there are still a lot of bugs and so on to fix, it might not be highest priority.

But its good to get reassured from you that you are still working towards this goal.

If it is then a few % more or less of the survival and difficulty, doesnt matter. You never can make it fitting for everyone, but i think its clear, that for now we are just far away from it.

8 hours ago, IMT said:

One of the key aspects in hardcore survival, even in real life and he calls it "flavour" and "just another source of food gathering", smh. When I bought DayZ, I thought I was going to buy a survival game and not a "let's see how many times we can recreate trivial features"-simulator.

Way to twist words.  Let them get the game stable and polished first.

We all understand that those flavors can help add balance and smooth out the overall gameloop but it does little good if other major parts of gameplay aren't working as intended.

4 hours ago, gorvi said:

Way to twist words.  Let them get the game stable and polished first.

We all understand that those flavors can help add balance and smooth out the overall gameloop but it does little good if other major parts of gameplay aren't working as intended.

*sigh*. Stable and polished? They had a 1 month beta period in which they were going to get the game stable and polished, they didn't need more, why would they release the game otherwise? The game is now released and I expect content, which let's be honest, should've been in for a very fucking long time by now. The engine is long done and still, we're missing that stream of content which was promised to us. Even gamestudios from 1 to 10 people throw out more content than these developers have with a way bigger team. But instead of flinging out that content, they are only working on trivial things, like a new inventory system (think this is the 6th inventory system), new server browser (had a couple of those as well), redoing gunshot sounds, etc.

The funny thing is, all of that is actually flavor content. But hey, what do you know? You were probably not even here during the bad years of DayZ.

• Beans 3

1 hour ago, IMT said:

*sigh*. Stable and polished? They had a 1 month beta period in which they were going to get the game stable and polished, they didn't need more, why would they release the game otherwise? The game is now released and I expect content, which let's be honest, should've been in for a very fucking long time by now. The engine is long done and still, we're missing that stream of content which was promised to us. Even gamestudios from 1 to 10 people throw out more content than these developers have with a way bigger team. But instead of flinging out that content, they are only working on trivial things, like a new inventory system (think this is the 6th inventory system), new server browser (had a couple of those as well), redoing gunshot sounds, etc.

The funny thing is, all of that is actually flavor content. But hey, what do you know? You were probably not even here during the bad years of DayZ.

Yeah yeah.  You hate the game so you need to spend all your time and energy making sure everyone knows how shit the devs are.

smh

3 hours ago, gorvi said:

Yeah yeah.  You hate the game so you need to spend all your time and energy making sure everyone knows how shit the devs are.

smh

No, I don't hate the game. This only proves you entered during the hype, bailed when it died down and now you're back saying "what a ride it was, huh guys?", while thrusting a knife in the hearts of those who stayed, even during the dark periods. In fact, since I joined and during alpha or early access, I have always been positive and have been defending the game. I always told them "they're creating an engine, give them time, once the engine is done, everything will be alright", "the game is still in alpha, don't hate on the game or developers until 1.0" and more like these examples. And now here we are, post 1.0. The engine is done, the game is released and what do we have? We have a game which is a fraction of what the game was set out to originally be when it would hit 1.0.

They said that after the engine is done, we would see a tremendous increase in content streaming in, that didn't happen. Then they had to go to beta and release the game to make DayZ stable and polished so they could implement features at a faster pace (ok...?). Did you play the initial 1.0 release? It was horrendous! It was more unstable and less polished than before they hit beta. But where are all these features? Where are the helicopters? I feel like I'm watching that Black Friday episode of South Park where George R. R. Martin tells Butters that the pizza's are on their way and they're going to be amazing while he hasn't even ordered them yet. They showed us a video of a working helicopter about what? 1,5 or 2 years ago? It wasn't ready for the public and after that silence other than that helicopters will come after 1.0.

Even worse, this is supposed to be a survival game, since 0.63 it hasn't been a survival game in a long shot. When a project reaches the beta stage after alpha stage, it means that all must have requirements or features are implemented. They went into beta with barely any survival features and even now in 1.0 there are barely any survival features. It's an absolute joke.

And still there are a lot of people who, when presented a hand with food walk towards it and start eating it, even if it is a hand full of bullshit. Stop eating the bullshit and start reading things on your own, make up your mind on your own. I have followed development closely since I joined and know what's up, do you? Check out all the Status Report and look how 1.0 changes overtime. They laid out 1.0 to be a survival game. Then they scraped some features for 1.0 to post 1.0 which was OK. Then they scraped some more features for 1.0 to post 1.0 which was worrying and disappointing but acceptable. Finally they scraped most features intended for 1.0 to post 1.0 and called them "flavor" and not necessary for DayZ to be the game which they initially laid out. Suddenly, 1.0 was all about a stable platform and they claim that this version was the thing they initially envisioned.

Currently, I'm barely able to play the game. They have managed to make me hate the one game I truly believed in and loved, DayZ. Sure, for a lot of people it doesn't matter, bla bla. Those who have been here all the time, being passionate, supporting the developers and defending the game, now feel back stabbed, lied to, disappointed, etc. All the evidence is there, there is no more "you're just hating on the game". Go read some old topics, you will see what I mean. You will see how the stance towards the game changes for those who have been here all the time.

• Beans 2

3 minutes ago, IMT said:

No, I don't hate the game. This only proves you entered during the hype, bailed when it died down and now you're back saying "what a ride it was, huh guys?", while thrusting a knife in the hearts of those who stayed, even during the dark periods. In fact, since I joined and during alpha or early access, I have always been positive and have been defending the game. I always told them "they're creating an engine, give them time, once the engine is done, everything will be alright", "the game is still in alpha, don't hate on the game or developers until 1.0" and more like these examples. And now here we are, post 1.0. The engine is done, the game is released and what do we have? We have a game which is a fraction of what the game was set out to originally be when it would hit 1.0.

They said that after the engine is done, we would see a tremendous increase in content streaming in, that didn't happen. Then they had to go to beta and release the game to make DayZ stable and polished so they could implement features at a faster pace (ok...?). Did you play the initial 1.0 release? It was horrendous! It was more unstable and less polished than before they hit beta. But where are all these features? Where are the helicopters? I feel like I'm watching that Black Friday episode of South Park where George R. R. Martin tells Butters that the pizza's are on their way and they're going to be amazing while he hasn't even ordered them yet. They showed us a video of a working helicopter about what? 1,5 or 2 years ago? It wasn't ready for the public and after that silence other than that helicopters will come after 1.0.

Even worse, this is supposed to be a survival game, since 0.63 it hasn't been a survival game in a long shot. When a project reaches the beta stage after alpha stage, it means that all must have requirements or features are implemented. They went into beta with barely any survival features and even now in 1.0 there are barely any survival features. It's an absolute joke.

And still there are a lot of people who, when presented a hand with food walk towards it and start eating it, even if it is a hand full of bullshit. Stop eating the bullshit and start reading things on your own, make up your mind on your own. I have followed development closely since I joined and know what's up, do you? Check out all the Status Report and look how 1.0 changes overtime. They laid out 1.0 to be a survival game. Then they scraped some features for 1.0 to post 1.0 which was OK. Then they scraped some more features for 1.0 to post 1.0 which was worrying and disappointing but acceptable. Finally they scraped most features intended for 1.0 to post 1.0 and called them "flavor" and not necessary for DayZ to be the game which they initially laid out. Suddenly, 1.0 was all about a stable platform and they claim that this version was the thing they initially envisioned.

Currently, I'm barely able to play the game. They have managed to make me hate the one game I truly believed in and loved, DayZ. Sure, for a lot of people it doesn't matter, bla bla. Those who have been here all the time, being passionate, supporting the developers and defending the game, now feel back stabbed, lied to, disappointed, etc. All the evidence is there, there is no more "you're just hating on the game". Go read some old topics, you will see what I mean. You will see how the stance towards the game changes for those who have been here all the time.

"Even gamestudios from 1 to 10 people throw out more content than these developers" - IMT

Sorry.  I'm all for having a discussion but right from the get go I can tell this conversation is going nowhere.  Good luck on your travels be it in DayZ or elsewhere.

18 minutes ago, gorvi said:

"Even gamestudios from 1 to 10 people throw out more content than these developers" - IMT

Sorry.  I'm all for having a discussion but right from the get go I can tell this conversation is going nowhere.  Good luck on your travels be it in DayZ or elsewhere.

Unfortunately, it's the sad truth. The engine is finished for a year now or maybe even already longer than that and Post Scriptum threw out more valuable content than DayZ. And I think their development team is about 10 % compared to the DayZ development team. Post Scriptum is most likely not the only game which have thrown out more valuable and useful content while having a smaller development team. At least talking in terms of progress. It would benefit DayZ if they would release features like fishing, throwing, climbing over obstacles, new vehicles, new weapons, etc. rather than "yay, we've created a new inventory system... for the 100th time".

But best not believe me right, because I'm a hater. I hate the game and know nothing. I have most certainly not played every major build and most minor builds in the past. I have most certainly never read a Status Report in my life or any other sources of information from the developers. No, that can't be, I'm just a hater.

• Beans 2

Very sorry to hear you feel that way. But lets just clarify some stuff:

1 hour ago, IMT said:

This only proves you entered during the hype, bailed when it died down and now you're back saying "what a ride it was, huh guys?", while thrusting a knife in the hearts of those who stayed.

Please don't victimise yourself, we don't want to have any personal conflicts here. If gorvi had the impression that you hate the game, it's probably because of your recent comments clearly suggesting that idea. It's sufficient to explain him that you do not.

1 hour ago, IMT said:

They said that after the engine is done, we would see a tremendous increase in content streaming in, that didn't happen.

We said that once the engine-development is finished, we would be able to develop and iterate at a much faster pace. Which is true, and you will see that updates in this year will happen way faster than the updates we had between 2016-2018. The mistake on our side was probably not to manage expectations accordingly, to avoid too exaggerative expectations. With the technology changes (which are still not completely done, but we are not using that as an excuse) for major parts behind us, game development still did not become a magic wishing well, nor will it ever.

39 minutes ago, IMT said:

It would benefit DayZ if they would release features like fishing, throwing, climbing over obstacles, new vehicles, new weapons, etc. rather than "yay, we've created a new inventory system... for the 100th time".

You are right with that, it would be nice to just have all the features and content. But as you mentioned as well, the 1.0 version we released was not up to the expectations of many, even though we included base building and returned the first vehicle. Those introduced new issues, such as the persistence not working and the infamous flying cars. We could discuss now what's more important to all players, the entire persistent gameplay experience or getting fish and throwing rocks. But the team has already made the decision on that. We've explained it countless times, with every update we have to prioritise. And compared with what's in the game right now, the other features are secondary.

7 hours ago, IMT said:

But instead of flinging out that content, they are only working on trivial things, like a new inventory system (think this is the 6th inventory system), new server browser (had a couple of those as well), redoing gunshot sounds, etc.

This again is connected to both technology changes and necessary improvements. Also you are clearly mistaken if you call the inventory and server browser "trivial", as they are the most necessary mechanics for DayZ to access and play the game.

The main point you probably want to make is that you finally would like to see all the missing content return to the game. It has taken too long, and calling the December release 1.0 was a disappointment to you. Feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken. Reality is, we will always have to work within certain restrictions (as every developer has to) and it will take time to rework all the missing features and balance the game accordingly, as I already explained above. We understand doubts and frustration caused by this massive delay in the development and the complexity of software development, which is difficult to explain to players. But our work is continuing, and we still intend to deliver.

• Beans 4