wh1skey_

Car Tire Repair?

Just seeing if anyone can confirm or deny - the Tire Repair Kit doesn’t work in the xbox version as of now?

I found a car, it’s almost complete, just need a spark plug and two more tires. One of the tires already on it is ‘badly damaged’ and I tried everything to get the TRK to work, but it wouldn’t no matter what I tried. I even went as far as looking at the description of the kit: “A plastic case, containing all the tools needed for fixing a car tire. Tire iron not included.”

So I went on a damn hunt for a tire iron, brought it back, thinking maybe I had to combine the tire iron and the kit or something. Nope. Any info?

1 hour ago, wh1skey_ said:

Just seeing if anyone can confirm or deny - the Tire Repair Kit doesn’t work in the xbox version as of now?

I found a car, it’s almost complete, just need a spark plug and two more tires. One of the tires already on it is ‘badly damaged’ and I tried everything to get the TRK to work, but it wouldn’t no matter what I tried. I even went as far as looking at the description of the kit: “A plastic case, containing all the tools needed for fixing a car tire. Tire iron not included.”

So I went on a damn hunt for a tire iron, brought it back, thinking maybe I had to combine the tire iron and the kit or something. Nope. Any info?

Have you tried gaffer tape? Seems to work on everything else! 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Have you tried gaffer tape? Seems to work on everything else! 

Lmao I actually did try to use it as a last ditch effort thinking the same thing! I was like, well hell it repairs clothes, backpacks, guns, magazines, why the fuck not a tire too?!

Sadly it doesn’t work either :c

Edited by wh1skey_
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wh1skey_ said:

Lmao I actually did try to use it as a last ditch effort thinking the same thing! I was like, well hell it repairs clothes, backpacks, guns, magazines, why the fuck not a tire too?!

Sadly it doesn’t work either :c

Oh well, always worth a try! 

as far as i remember:

the usual procedure for repairing tires (on PC is/was).

use the tire iron (in hands) with the wheel (aim at it) on the car in order to detach it.

take the repair kit in the hands, and aim at the wheel (on the ground) and interact to fix it.

take the wheel into the hands and look at the place you want it, and attach it. you don't need a tire iron for this (you probably just tighten the screws/nuts by hand)